How, when, where are college coaches going to watch next year's DA players?

As far as DA showcases, anyone have any insight to that specifically? It is my understanding that US Soccer scouts will be present at many of the DA practices, on occasion. I would assume that also college scouts might swing by for a look see as well?

I have never seen any scouts at training. At games and showcases, yes.
College coaches mostly at Showcases only.

Has anyone heard more about the recruiting process for DA players? If you live in Ventura County (or even Northern LA County) ECNL is currently not a realistic option since the nearest team will now be 85 miles away and at least 2:00 drive each way. Have they identified what the 2-3 showcases will be? Will coaches come to league games? My concern is with limited showcases and the different substitution rules girls might only get a very few games in front of coaches.

Has anyone heard more about the recruiting process for DA players? If you live in Ventura County (or even Northern LA County) ECNL is currently not a realistic option since the nearest team will now be 85 miles away and at least 2:00 drive each way. Have they identified what the 2-3 showcases will be? Will coaches come to league games? My concern is with limited showcases and the different substitution rules girls might only get a very few games in front of coaches.
For the most part it has been said December AND possibly playoffs June. If a tournament has a DA bracket (Surf/Disney/Dallas) then the team can participate. So, I would be concerned too. I'm not sure why one of the clubs in Venture didn't keep ECNL. Both dropped to do the same thing. A very odd business move in my opinion.

SimiSF do you think the coaches at those two clubs have extensive contacts and connections with college coaches that will not change bc of a new league/platform??..My DD did not play with either of those clubs but that's what I would think looking in from the outside...

If you are talking about Eagles your player will be fine recruiting-wise

I have never seen any scouts at training. At games and showcases, yes.
College coaches mostly at Showcases only.

Depends on where you play and train.

Scouts and ussda folks show up regularly st LA galaxy training for example.

Showcases are full of them, games depending on the team you play on; each team gets at least 4 games minimum with evals/scouts per season plus showcase I was told. As the season winds down there does seem to be fewer them around but in 2 seasons I would say my sons teams has scouting watching at least 30% of the games.

There are other scouts not affiliated with ussda that attend, not sure about what the rules are there but there has been college scouts & at least a dozen foreign (German, French, English, etc) scouts around representing teams from abroad or Mexico. The Mexican and Canadian national teams do there share of recruiting from ussda players also.

I don't think ussda caters to college showcases/scouts like ECNL does or they ever will but maybe they will make some adjustments to that?

There is something else, remember ussda team(s) can get approval to play in tournaments besides they ones pre-approved or w/ DA brackets. If there is some college showcase that a team is interested in they can follow the procedure and ask ussda, might have to play a year up or something if the competition is not high enough but seen that done in the past.

Back