How often do you buy new gloves?

Hello! My son's hands grew (again!) and I just got him new gloves. The last pair lasted almost 5 months, and he uses them for both practices and games, mostly on artificial turf. Is that typical? Did I get lucky?

Does your child have one pair or two pairs of gloves? I always hear that you're supposed to have one for practice, and one just for games.

My kid likes 1 pair for both games and practices. It's not difficult to purchase new pair quickly once it's needed. He uses Noetz gloves, which is great, cheap and available on Amazon with next day delivery.

I have 14 year old twin keepers ( boy & girl ) so we go through gloves like crazy. Each one goes through 3-4 gloves a season depending on weather and number of games. My daughter is the only keeper on her team so she plays a full 70 minutes per game.
My son splits time so his seem to last longer.
We usually get our gloves through West Coast.

4 to 5 pairs a year normally for my kid. I will not buy her anymore until her current pair wears out since she won't rotate or take any steps to extend the life of the current gloves. She is wearing them put less frequently now that she trains almost exclusively on grass; turf tears then up fast.

Every 3-4 months - 4 to 5 pairs a year. She does not like having game gloves and practice gloves. Same pair is worn for both, but back up gloves are in the backpack in case they are ever needed.

4 to 5 pairs a year normally for my kid. I will not buy her anymore until her current pair wears out since she won't rotate or take any steps to extend the life of the current gloves. She is wearing them put less frequently now that she trains almost exclusively on grass; turf tears then up fast.
wow! that's a lot of gloves!

As often as needed. Always one pair for practice and one pair for games. Once the worn out practice pair is finished the current game pair becomes the practice gloves and a new set is opened up for games. Turf really does kill the life of gloves. Had a pair once only last about 5-6wks due to multiple training sessions plus a week long camp thrown in the middle of all that. Not much you can do about that. But you can wash your gloves frequently. It not only keeps them from smelling funky but washing gets out all the grime that deteriorates the latex faster. All that dirt and turf crumb rubbing against the latex wears it down faster. I usually wash my G03’s gloves every 3-5 uses. Just depends if I have time. West Coast is her brand of choice. Find the brand your GK likes and look for the sales and stock up with an extra pair or two, especially if you know they won’t be changing sizes. You know you’ll eventually use them. Page 3 in this forum “GK Gloves” has a whole thread about brand preferences, washing suggestions, etc. Good luck!!

Back