Holiday Tournaments

I know Surf College Cup and Silverlakes Showcase are in San Diego over Thanksgiving. Is there a tournament or showcase in L.A. on or around the same time?

Silverlakes in Norco so nowhere near SD. The 3 main tournament that weekend in SD are Surf, November Nights and Nomads. The advantage of playing one of those is that if your coach(es) of interest are at Surf, you might get him/her to come see your player at one of the others due to proximity - which is know to happen.

Here is a handy link to see where all the sanctioned tournaments are:
http://www.calsouth.com/en/tournaments/

Its updated constantly and becomes more accurate as it gets close to the time of the tournament. Its currently not showing Surf but does have the other two and also SWSC tournament for that weekend. There will be more as it gets closer to registration deadline.

According to Google Maps, Norco is about an 1.5 hour drive from L.A. Being a big state like Texas, where I am, I consider that to be pretty close. But you know your state better than me. Thanks for the information anyway. My DDs team was set to play Surf College Cup or Silverlakes but today we got a message from our coach that there is a tournament in L.A. that he is now looking at over the Thanksgiving weekend. Apparently there is no such tournament or it's just not listed.
If anyone else has other information, please share. Thanks.

Your coach might be referring the Silverlake tournament as the "LA" tournament. Silverlake is in the city of Norco in Riverside County, but it's in the Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan area.

.....My DDs team was set to play Surf College Cup or Silverlakes but today we got a message from our coach that there is a tournament in L.A. that he is now looking at over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Why not just ask your coach which tournament, since he has a particular tournament in mind.

Back