HeatWatch - July 27 - 30

HeatWatch

BRONZE
Please take a few minutes to read this excellent article that covers the signs of Exertional Heat Stroke. You are in charge of your child's safety!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/...-exertional-heatstroke-to-young-athletes.html

Silverlakes
Friday - 101
Saturday - 98
Sunday - 97
Monday - 98

Great Park
Friday - 92
Saturday - 90
Sunday - 89
Monday - 91

Galway Downs
Friday - 97
Saturday - 96
Sunday - 93
Monday - 96

Del Mar
Friday - 78
Saturday - 79
Sunday - 79
Monday - 80

Why anyone would choose to play in Norco in the summer is baffling to me.
Actually anything east of the 5 freeway this time of year has a really good chance of being too hot to play in the middle of the day.

I think you posted a similar thread last summer, and most of the "predictions" never came to fruition. Not saying they won't, but the government weather agencies along with the media are well invested in promising the worst case scenario, with a "global warming" thrown into every story and forecast.

I think you posted a similar thread last summer, and most of the "predictions" never came to fruition. Not saying they won't, but the government weather agencies along with the media are well invested in promising the worst case scenario, with a "global warming" thrown into every story and forecast.

Coocoo.

Where are YOUR kids playing this weekend?

When you try to view the "Hydration and Heat Illness Guidelines" on the US soccer website...it gives you a broken link. Um...well done, US Soccer, well done.

Players should have started a pre-weekend tournament hydration and nutrition routine last night and continue through the day after the tournament. If a player hydrates and eats correctly leading into and through the weekend, the heat should not be a factor. The problem is most players do not hydrate or eat correctly, and a lot of coaches do not push their players to properly prepare for the extreme weather. In a perfect world the tournaments played in 95 degree plus heat would be cancelled.

Players should have started a pre-weekend tournament hydration and nutrition routine last night and continue through the day after the tournament. If a player hydrates and eats correctly leading into and through the weekend, the heat should not be a factor. The problem is most players do not hydrate or eat correctly, and a lot of coaches do not push their players to properly prepare for the extreme weather. In a perfect world the tournaments played in 95 degree plus heat would be cancelled.
Can you be specific about what players should eat?

Can you be specific about what players should eat?

It’s going to be hot. Girls, refs, and parents, will be vomiting everywhere. It takes days for your body to acclimate to this heat, and it it MUCH hotter than normal. Have your player take one one of those cooling towels for their neck, and bring a gallon of cool water. Refs shouldn’t physically be out there the full day, so hopefully they have enough to keep rotating them.

Hope you aren’t playing on turf fields, because your cleats will literally melt. The turf is 15-20 degrees hotter. If you haven’t started hydrating, parents included, drink only water today, and an occasional Gatorade. Soda will make them vomit too. Good luck in the Heat. Please take it seriously and watch your player for any signs of heat stroke. Believe me it happens quickly. Stay in shade when at all possible. Goalies keeper water next to their net, and drink quickly while team is on the other half of the field.

Be safe. Hopefully you have early morning games.

Back