Girls U14 YNT camp Feb 2023

80 players invited from CA, OR, WA and UT. (8) or 10% of the pool are from the same team…starting to look like ODP

Yes, it is a regional camp… Again, with players from California, Oregon, Washington and Utah. But as noted, there are 26 players (out of a pool of 80) from just 3 teams…1/3 of the pool. From three teams. Considering there are 13 ECNL teams in the southwest conference alone from CA, just makes me question the true amount of scouting that is going on.

Yes, it is a regional camp… Again, with players from California, Oregon, Washington and Utah. But as noted, there are 26 players (out of a pool of 80) from just 3 teams…1/3 of the pool. From three teams. Considering there are 13 ECNL teams in the southwest conference alone from CA, just makes me question the true amount of scouting that is going on.
Those teams typically do the most recruiting as well so that isn’t too out of the ordinary.

Legends / blues are 1st in there division. Surf is 3rd. Probably on top because of the talent on there teams I would guess.
Everyone of the 80 is probably very deserving, but there is so much objectivity in soccer, it would be hard to stop politics from coming into play. Only 1 player from Beach? How does that happen?

Good teams (like a club team) are tough to scout because if they are well oiled machines it can make good players look really good.
When you change the familiairity of players that has a pretty big impact as a lot of good players can't cope in the moment with unfamiliar players.
I think if there were more local talent id sessions where they can break up the larger pools of same club players you would see a different result

80 players invited from CA, OR, WA and UT. (8) or 10% of the pool are from the same team…starting to look like ODP

Most coaches are connected to ODP. Favorites from the program will be had.

I want to congratulate all the 80 players for making the Girls U14 Youth Regional Camp. In 2016, the kids in Socal were going after the first ever U14 Girls National Team, not a camp. Very difficult to make. Only 24 spots would be picked and girls from around the USA be looking for a spot. My dd and so many others left clubs to go to the GDA to become world class. The Training Centers were open for business as well and you had to be invited to the TC first before you get on this first ever U14 team. The fact was, it was just a list to make. That's why I joked around about "The List" in the past. I really do like this Regional invite and then from that group, you get the best of the best and then have a National Camp at the right age.

How are kids get selected? Is this a case where the club's director/coach decide who will represent them because they were allocated spots from the US WNT folks?

How are kids get selected? Is this a case where the club's director/coach decide who will represent them because they were allocated spots from the US WNT folks?
No…scouting is typically done at larger National Events (ECNL, GA, US Club, ect)

Clubs are not allocated spots.

Not sure how the selection process works in 2023. In 2017, the US Soccer Training Director (Usually a Doc) made the recommendations. I had three TC directors trying to get my dd to their club and TC was a big factor for even wanting to meet with them at their HQs. They all told me once you come to my club, I can then invite you to the TC. Once at the TC, then I and my scouts pick the players from the TC for YNT Camp.

Not sure how the selection process works in 2023. In 2017, the US Soccer Training Director (Usually a Doc) made the recommendations. I had three TC directors trying to get my dd to their club and TC was a big factor for even wanting to meet with them at their HQs. They all told me once you come to my club, I can then invite you to the TC. Once at the TC, then I and my scouts pick the players from the TC for YNT Camp.
Never miss a chance to make the subject about you, do yah…..

Never miss a chance to make the subject about you, do yah…..
It's the truth. It was wrong what they did and that's why they went OB. I told everyone on here they needed to go to a regional format with about 80 players. Amazing how one can help by speaking up.

The regional ID camps in Dallas have hosted around 45 girls. Curious why the west camp is double the size. For the Dallas camp, the roster is dominated by three clubs.

Question, did West Coast have ID Center events last fall like the rest of the US? Usually only 30 players invited for each Region ID Event.

Back