Girls DPL?

See I am hearing such different takes. I know there is something within the week.

Meeting- there is a meeting.
I think this time they are serious about making clubs choose because the team quality has gone down so much. I know of only two clubs in SD that applied apparently. I am sure they would be more.
All hypothetical. For every person who claims someone in Richmond said no more DA and ECNL some alt club guy gets in here and says no no no.
Also the DA has supposedly yet to fully decide about the 03 age pure. It was dual band except the frontier division and now suddenly it may be age pure. If they do that DA retains control anyway.

Meeting- there is a meeting.
I think this time they are serious about making clubs choose because the team quality has gone down so much. I know of only two clubs in SD that applied apparently. I am sure they would be more.
All hypothetical. For every person who claims someone in Richmond said no more DA and ECNL some alt club guy gets in here and says no no no.
Also the DA has supposedly yet to fully decide about the 03 age pure. It was dual band except the frontier division and now suddenly it may be age pure. If they do that DA retains control anyway.
Thanks. I had just looked up the meeting date. You are right.

ECNL is only more attractive than DPL, SDCSL, or CSL if you happen to live in the limited area they serve. Otherwise its not a sane option.

Let me modify my statement. This is only if your DDs goal is to play college soccer. Which girls get more looks from college coaches, DPL or ECNL players?

I agree that ECNL is a much better platform for college exposure. My comment was obviously about drive time eliminating the ECNL option for a huge section of Southern California.

I can also tell you that while I never had the chance to witness ECNL in the past, the quality of play I have seen in my limited exposure to the DA so far beyond anything in DPL, SCDSL or CSL.

I have witnessed many ECNL games when it was the only closed national league and from the couple GDA games that I have witnessed the current version is just watered down. Now instead of 8 teams (plus Beach and Carlsbad) that are dividing up the top talent you now have almost twice that amount. In the prior incarnation of ECNL you would see maybe one or two weaker teams in the Southwest region and those teams still had a few elite players on them. Now there are a couple of teams with a higher number of elite players on it and most have only a couple of elite players on them.

The number of elite players hasn't changed significantly. The number of "elite" teams has only multiplied.

As expected. Nobody in their right mind can argue that.

SCDSL was a league created for the "B" through "Z" teams of the ECNL clubs. CSL has been a hollow shell since the ECNL clubs pulled out. I would expect GDA to be better than that. What the heck is DPL?

I agree that ECNL is a much better platform for college exposure. My comment was obviously about drive time eliminating the ECNL option for a huge section of Southern California.

I somehow missed your obvious point. My brain is fried from all of GoldenFjord’s memes. You’re right about ecnl needing to expand in that area.

MAP, DPL is similar to SCDSL. Whether it is needed or not it was created as a league for the B teams of the DA clubs that do not also offer ECNL.

ECNL loss the war with DA but they could survive as the best 2nd tier league in the nation and market it as an alternative to DA for kids who want to play HS sports. If I were ECNL I would offer ECNL to all DA clubs and hope DA stays with combined age groups. This way ECNL would always be strong on the younger year of the DA combined age groups. This would eliminate the need for DPL and you could offer the top players and those willing to sacarfice 4 nights a week DA and the very good players who are on the younger side of the combined DA age groups and those that want to play HS sports ECNL. Could be a win win situation.

Is the Y league the league in Northern California? What happens if and when those leagues try to expand here?

MAP, DPL is similar to SCDSL. Whether it is needed or not it was created as a league for the B teams of the DA clubs that do not also offer ECNL.
Wrong it was created so that players that do not make the DA team can be manipulated into thinking they are special too and have just as many college opportunities as DA players. Marketing!

Back