Girls Development Academy

DPs can come on board in 6. Look for some interesting changes in the rosters and playing time.

DPs can come on board in 6. Look for some interesting changes in the rosters and playing time.
I don't see how that will be possible as DP rosters an Academy rosters on most teams are very low. Unless they plan on swapping Academy players with DP players. Taking 2-3 players from most DP teams will hurt the DP teams tremendously.

DPs are Developmental Players who can continue to play on their previous roster (whether it be DPL or another team) in addition to playing with the DA team. I already know one club who has picked their DP players and will have them start practicing with DA immediately (in addition to continuing to play with their previous team).

How does the DP role work in academy? Can a player be pulled from any team within the same club? Or from any team in Cal-South?
Are they able to play Academy and SCDSL (or other league) at the same time or once they get "Called up" are they frozen?

How does the DP role work in academy? Can a player be pulled from any team within the same club? Or from any team in Cal-South?
Are they able to play Academy and SCDSL (or other league) at the same time or once they get "Called up" are they frozen?

Any player that is currently registered on a clubs no-ussda team within the same club, they can remain on the roster in other league. Other than not playing the same day with two different teams there is no freeze.

"A Development Player must be registered in accordance with all registration guidelines. A Developmental Player may appear in a maximum of six (6) Academy games per season. Developmental Players cannot participate in the
Academy Playoffs or Academy Championships and are not eligible for year end awards. Developmental Players can only change their status to full time once during the Academy season and cannot return to Developmental Player status.
Furthermore, a Developmental Player does not automatically garner full time status after participating in their sixth game. The club needs to submit their intentions in writing to the Academy Staff by the weekly registration deadline
to move the player to full time"
More info at: https://ussoccer.box.com/s/7y8c97ea6hqc0bk1tulf1yvpn9zij4dh

Most team have between 0-3 DP's as you can see in the above doc with the avg's that are down as the ages go up. Cost $ to register even DP's and you have to go through the whole Reg process including the impact testing.

DP's must be training regularly with the DA players team to qualify. Yes I've seen/heard of players denied DP's status due to several factors, clubs not following the guidelines, players not accounted for at training with the ussda folks come by, etc.

DPs are Developmental Players who can continue to play on their previous roster (whether it be DPL or another team) in addition to playing with the DA team. I already know one club who has picked their DP players and will have them start practicing with DA immediately (in addition to continuing to play with their previous team).

I can confirm that this is happening.

How does this show up on a roster?

DA roster status says DP instead of FT
U15+ only 16 players (starting 11 + 5 subs) can play any given game, w / the min 16 already using DP's so early outside of injuries is not normally done much. Historically, much more common to see DP's 2nd half of the season, especially last 6-8 weeks.

We will have to wait till October to see how this is really done since the only thing to go on right now is the boy's program in past years. From my brief look at rosters the boys programs seem to carry more players so that must have effected their use (or lack of use) of DP's in the past. I would also expect that if someone is being DP'd for a game its because they are going to play that game not ride the bench.

We will have to wait till October to see how this is really done since the only thing to go on right now is the boy's program in past years. From my brief look at rosters the boys programs seem to carry more players so that must have effected their use (or lack of use) of DP's in the past. I would also expect that if someone is being DP'd for a game its because they are going to play that game not ride the bench.

You DP with a plan not just for a game. 1 to maybe 2 at a time. Not really used or encouraged much this early with roster sizes meeting requirements. There are no playing time requirements or % starts for DP, normally at the end of bench, few minutes or to start for injury coverage.

Used later in season way more often to help supplemental declining numbers( injury & HS) or for those players who have logged good amt of minutes elsewhere and they don't mind limited minute's, last 10-25min of game type of role

It's suppose to. The 05 age group will be the next round. There are also rumors that 06 may start next year too.
U13 in Texas is 05s now if I'm not mistaken. 05s will be U14 next year. So I guess it (U13 DA) would be for the 06 group next year if it were to be in SoCal. Are you saying they will go down to U12 next year as well? (like on the boys side)? That'd be the 07 group currently.

U13 in Texas is 05s now if I'm not mistaken. 05s will be U14 next year. So I guess it (U13 DA) would be for the 06 group next year if it were to be in SoCal. Are you saying they will go down to U12 next year as well? (like on the boys side)? That'd be the 07 group currently.
The other poster shared that DA at 05 is in motion in Texas. Here it is not and that 05 will be up and running here next spring of 2018. And that they may also add the 06 age group. From what I was told US Soccer is possibly trying to get 06 going but more than likely won't.

The other poster shared that DA at 05 is in motion in Texas. Here it is not and that 05 will be up and running here next spring of 2018. And that they may also add the 06 age group. From what I was told US Soccer is possibly trying to get 06 going but more than likely won't.

Applications for 18-19' season open on October 11, 2017 and all the info about the ages groups will be there.

Does anyone have any insight / info on the age groups for GDA 2018/2019 season? Are they retaining the (U13?), U14, U15, U16/17 and U18/19 formatting? I had heard US Soccer was considering splitting the U16/17 into two distinct age groupings...true? False? #curious

Back