Girls Academy has been approved as a full member of U.S. Soccer

The mls didn’t want to set up an academy either. Without transfer fees they knew it would be a giant money suck with few of the players actually getting pro contracts, given the scarcity of true second league teams we have out there that are no where near as revenue generating as even league 1 in England.

The key is whether U.S. soccer eventually forces a woman’s academy. They’ll get there eventually. Given what’s happening in the women’s game in Europe eventually they’ll be a panic moment like there was when the men missed the World Cup. The only answer the consulting firms will come back with is women’s academy. Only then will they give serious consideration to making it work economically, which it doesn’t right now, even for our half baked men’s academies that are no where near on par even with the 2nd tier academies in Europe. Everything until then is posturing but that day will come, hence the posturing.

The same way under DA you had coaches running around, who had never been anywhere near a top team, or elite league telling people this is 'THE' pathway. Its all posturing and BS. All leagues/clubs do it, this isn't a bash against any one league or another.
Truth speak right here. I got so played with GDA in 2016. I was sold this is the only "pathway" to greatness and if you don't leave the club you're at, the league and the coach, your kid will be left behind. My child was offered free soccer, free uniforms, free travel and everything is free, as long as you STFU and stay quiet. They actually gave free soccer to the top players, and they got the rich elite parents to pay to cover the costs and gave each child 25% starts, no matter how good your kid was. When we played Abion (sorry, it's just the truth) and other teams that were not good, all the 25 percenters got to start. The shit I saw, the shit I heard, and the lies made me sick, and I got my kid out after the first year. I should have listened to the top coach, who told me to wait until dd is past 17. I take full responsibility for getting played.

Just posted today...

Minute 20:16
NWSL Commissioner Jessica Berman
"The next thing we have to tackle is the Domestic player pipeline"

"If you subscribe to the cliché that women’s soccer is a collective rocket ship, consider the January 2024 transfer window to be the arms race that set the future in motion.

Transfer spending increased 165% year over year despite a nearly identical volume of transfers, according to FIFA, and that number did not even appear to include the world-record fee of €735,000 (plus $75,000 in performance-based contingencies) paid by National Women’s Soccer League expansion side Bay FC for 23-year-old Zambian forward Racheal Kundananji, a move announced a few hours after FIFA’s report."

How long before transfer fees become too high for NWSL clubs to pay?

How long before NWSL creates NWSL Next to control domestic youth talent and make some money off transfers?

Soon players are going to realize that theyre getting screwed playing for colleges.

"If you subscribe to the cliché that women’s soccer is a collective rocket ship, consider the January 2024 transfer window to be the arms race that set the future in motion.

Transfer spending increased 165% year over year despite a nearly identical volume of transfers, according to FIFA, and that number did not even appear to include the world-record fee of €735,000 (plus $75,000 in performance-based contingencies) paid by National Women’s Soccer League expansion side Bay FC for 23-year-old Zambian forward Racheal Kundananji, a move announced a few hours after FIFA’s report."

How long before transfer fees become too high for NWSL clubs to pay?

How long before NWSL creates NWSL Next to control domestic youth talent and make some money off transfers?

Soon players are going to realize that theyre getting screwed playing for colleges.
My buddies dd just quit school and is moving abroad to play Pro Futbol. The abuse she took from her "teacher" at Big U was too much for her to take. She is 20 and very smart and will finish her degree online, just like Coach Primes son👍

Interesting article about USL dropped this morning. I'm not sure if the wording was intentional or coincidental...

"There will be no college draft in the USL Super League, meaning all players are free agents as they would be globally. That stands in contrast with the NWSL’s American draft system, although the draft’s days in the NWSL could be numbered. As I’ve previously reported, trades involving future draft picks now include contingencies if said draft does not exist, a tangible sign that the elimination of the draft mechanism is being taken seriously.

USL teams also have established pipelines that NWSL teams still lack. There are 40 girls’ academy clubs on board for 2024 that are all directly connected to teams in either the USL W-League (amateur summer competition) or USL Super League, Vandervort said. The USL will also allow young players to compete in senior-team environments without sacrificing college eligibility by utilizing academy contracts, a concept already in place on the men’s side."

Interesting article about USL dropped this morning. I'm not sure if the wording was intentional or coincidental...

"There will be no college draft in the USL Super League, meaning all players are free agents as they would be globally. That stands in contrast with the NWSL’s American draft system, although the draft’s days in the NWSL could be numbered. As I’ve previously reported, trades involving future draft picks now include contingencies if said draft does not exist, a tangible sign that the elimination of the draft mechanism is being taken seriously.

USL teams also have established pipelines that NWSL teams still lack. There are 40 girls’ academy clubs on board for 2024 that are all directly connected to teams in either the USL W-League (amateur summer competition) or USL Super League, Vandervort said. The USL will also allow young players to compete in senior-team environments without sacrificing college eligibility by utilizing academy contracts, a concept already in place on the men’s side."
I like the words, "Free Agents." I said this before, but I don't think most of the girl's playing soccer in our country are free. If they stand up to abuse, they get attacked and retaliated against. Many of the women were afraid to speak up to the abusers because of punishment or being cut. The Yates Report said all this abuse started at the youth level.

The other league in our country already is telling us who the greatest players are. Where I come from, greatness comes with winning rings and winning world championships and or World Cups🏅🏅

Back