GDA Developmental Player

ripsocal

BRONZE
Is it worth joining a GDA team if your being offered a "developmental player designation". I haven't heard much of where a 'dev. player' would fit in on a DA team. There's talk of a DAII team but wouldn't it be better just to stay on a elite team where you start?

Is it worth joining a GDA team if your being offered a "developmental player designation". I haven't heard much of where a 'dev. player' would fit in on a DA team. There's talk of a DAII team but wouldn't it be better just to stay on a elite team where you start?
There is no DA II either. If you are playing GDA, it would be best to be one of the top 14 players on the team because of the substitution limits.

There is no DA II either. If you are playing GDA, it would be best to be one of the top 14 players on the team because of the substitution limits.
There is no DAII League, doesn't mean you won't see the label used.....what's in a name?

If your choice is not a DA team or ECNL team, a spot on a 2nd Team with a DP label isn't that bad, would just depend on who the Coach is, the organization of the club and if your DD likes the other girls on the team (chemistry). I would add that if the club is making a lot of promises, buyer beware!

There is no DAII League, doesn't mean you won't see the label used.....what's in a name?

If your choice is not a DA team or ECNL team, a spot on a 2nd Team with a DP label isn't that bad, would just depend on who the Coach is, the organization of the club and if your DD likes the other girls on the team (chemistry). I would add that if the club is making a lot of promises, buyer beware!

What's the point of a label that's has no purpose?DA2 should not be used as a selling point since it doesn't exist.
As for DP, it has very defined limits. @younothat posted a very detailed explaination.

Like you said the most important thing through this is the coach and the team.

Devils advocate here. If any of you actually believe that MD and NG who are astute businessman who actually built clubs from the ground and turned them into massive revenue making machines are going to let this die you need to pull your head out of your a**.
This is not dead. The man at US soccer said it was not sanctioned yet- no one said it was dead. Just as the clubs rushed to put out something that wasn't formulated good old Surf and company are rushing to say it doesn't exist. Why? To scare B team parents to stay and sign.
Is anyone able to see this has nothing to do with the girls on either side and is about power?
May I also suggest if any of you do not believe that DA2 girls would be better served with their own league, the opportunity to actually have a pathway to DA, and better competition you are wrong. ECNL will phase out in three years as that is the length of time until our girls who are invested in it age out.
Want the best for the girls? Then pray fake SCDSL And all the other crap leagues are forced to consolidate and give those girls on a B and below a real platform to play in.
Pray that a separate league for DA sister teams is formed so that families can have a real pathway to DA for their daughters instead of the wink and grab "yeah she can train with the A team"

Which club is offering DPD?

Which club is offering DPD?

who ever that is, shouldn't be offering those this early in the preseason, take a read of the ussda URL I posted "Not a promise" part

Most everything is youth soccer uses factious or marketing names....but you can't really deceive too much....

What ever your players makes of the coaching, training, games, team experience is what they get, names don't matter on the field or when learning the game.

Do we need another new separate league for this, no we don't IMO. Those clubs have plenty of other good playing options and the higher cost doesn't make it worth it IMO.

For the SC girls in 16-18' there was what: half dozen teams ECNL teams per AG, EGSL, CRL, all those CS leagues.

Now for 17-18: Couple less ECNL teams and a bunch of New DA teams, next results more opportunity at the higher level. Those numbers will most likely stay static for a while, sure players will come and go but unless those org's have a big expansion in later years there is only so many roster spots for those leagues so creating another league doesn't make for any more of a pathway than what already exist or any more spots opening up at the top levels.

who ever that is, shouldn't be offering those this early in the preseason, take a read of the ussda URL I posted "Not a promise" part

Most everything is youth soccer uses factious or marketing names....but you can't really deceive too much....

What ever your players makes of the coaching, training, games, team experience is what they get, names don't matter on the field or when learning the game.

Do we need another new separate league for this, no we don't IMO. Those clubs have plenty of other good playing options and the higher cost doesn't make it worth it IMO.

For the SC girls in 16-18' there was what: half dozen teams ECNL teams per AG, EGSL, CRL, all those CS leagues.

Now for 17-18: Couple less ECNL teams and a bunch of New DA teams, next results more opportunity at the higher level. Those numbers will most likely stay static for a while, sure players will come and go but unless those org's have a big expansion in later years there is only so many roster spots for those leagues so creating another league doesn't make for any more of a pathway than what already exist or any more spots opening up at the top levels.

Not true if you take away the fake leagues created by DOC for ego. Let's say SCDSL for example- take it away. Go back to the good old days with relegation in one large league.
DECREASE the number of league by effectively choking them out- a DA2 would do that. It would choke them out

Devils advocate here. If any of you actually believe that MD and NG who are astute businessman who actually built clubs from the ground and turned them into massive revenue making machines are going to let this die you need to pull your head out of your a**.
This is not dead. The man at US soccer said it was not sanctioned yet- no one said it was dead. Just as the clubs rushed to put out something that wasn't formulated good old Surf and company are rushing to say it doesn't exist. Why? To scare B team parents to stay and sign.
Is anyone able to see this has nothing to do with the girls on either side and is about power?
May I also suggest if any of you do not believe that DA2 girls would be better served with their own league, the opportunity to actually have a pathway to DA, and better competition you are wrong. ECNL will phase out in three years as that is the length of time until our girls who are invested in it age out.
Want the best for the girls? Then pray fake SCDSL And all the other crap leagues are forced to consolidate and give those girls on a B and below a real platform to play in.
Pray that a separate league for DA sister teams is formed so that families can have a real pathway to DA for their daughters instead of the wink and grab "yeah she can train with the A team"
I was going to ask you what a DA sister team league looks like and how it is a pathway to the DA before I blew up your post but I decided to just go ahead and lay it our for you while cutting through BS.
Here it goes....
MD and NG are astute businessmen to be sure but they sold the DAII league before it was even a league. US Soccer shut it down. They didn't say "for now". They didn't say "maybe". They straight up said "No. Not interested." As I have said in other posts, if US Soccer wanted a DAII league they would have implemented it years ago on the boys side. They are not interested. They only want the DA players. They don't want to nurture the egos of the non DA-players by giving them false aspirations or beliefs that they are DA players. THIS is what MD and NG and BR banked on. The businessmen that they are banked on being able to sale ice to the eskimos in the hopes that the B team players would believe they were truly DA players. They aren't. Parents and players need to accept the reality of the situation. They are B team players.
Now to address the B team player pathway. For clubs like Beach, Legends and Real So Cal, their B teams are fine. They play in a fall league where they play each other and other top A teams and better B teams than the bozo brigade have, they get in to all of the college showcases (Players, Surf Cup, Disney, etc) events they want, they play National Cup, with success, and they possibly qualify for leagues like CRL. The main objective is college exposure for these players. These clubs get their B teams the exposure they need through alternate pathways. These clubs have the depth in their system to have B teams that are stronger than A teams in most clubs.
Ok, on to the B team players at clubs like LA Premier, LAGSD and Albion. You have a fall gaming circuit that is hanging on by a thread. Now that your A teams have left for DA what's left? Your B teams are not strong enough to get in to showcase events, win anything in National Cup or get in to CRL leagues. So what do you do as a pathway for these players when your only hope is November Nights at Thanksgiving? You try and sell a B team league in the hopes that the titans from Beach, Legends and Real So Cal want to lower the level of play for their B teams and join you in your fantasy league.
Now let's talk about who sanctions this DAII Dream League. Cal South won't touch it. You want a 10-month league and they won't sanction a league that takes teams out of National Cup. They also aren't going to go against the fall gaming circuits they already sanction for a league containing 30 teams (10 clubs x 3 teams each). So cross them off the list.
US Club would LOVE to sanction it and call it NPL. What a joke. Play in a US Club sanctioned league and you can't play National Cup but you DO get to qualify for the super-exciting NPL Nationals to be held in nowhere, USA. No college coaches, no competition. No nothing. How is this creating a pathway to DA that you so long for?
That leaves us with US Soccer and they already said no so cross them off.
So why is this league needed again? Other than to fulfill the false promises made by MD, NG and BR?

Not true if you take away the fake leagues created by DOC for ego. Let's say SCDSL for example- take it away. Go back to the good old days with relegation in one large league.
DECREASE the number of league by effectively choking them out- a DA2 would do that. It would choke them out
Wait. Fake leagues created by DOC's for ego's? Isn't that what this "fake" DAII league is all about? Or "pathway to the DA" league. Or whatever you want to call it. This sales pitch has been the worst I've ever seen in the SoCal market EVER. It's for sure the fakest league out there since it doesn't even exist so buyer beware. DAII would "choke out" other leagues? With how many teams in it? Less than 50? Yes I can see the choke out factor that would create.
Be careful who, and what, you are calling fake my friend and be careful of what you are drinking trying to sell all of this. The SoCal market is smarter than that.

This is a forum- unless you are a DOC who attended the meeting Monday or the webinar Friday you may want to tone it down.
You my friend are giving false information and need to tone it down.
Here's the deal I appreciate you protecting your club. You seem very passionate about it.
But you are full of shit if you are saying you know something "for a fact". It's not true.
So either prove me wrong that "it's dead and you know it" or quit causing drama with all your hysteria over the league.
As far as NG and what you deem the bozo brigade I hear you. That doesn't diminish the fact though that they can run circles around the new leadership at a certain club. Old guard is gone man.
As I stated I am being the devils advocate.

Also let's be real
The worst pitch of any fake league was EGSL. That wins every time for me joke of a league created by the same one who runs SCDSL.
Total joke

I was going to ask you what a DA sister team league looks like and how it is a pathway to the DA before I blew up your post but I decided to just go ahead and lay it our for you while cutting through BS.
Here it goes....
MD and NG are astute businessmen to be sure but they sold the DAII league before it was even a league. US Soccer shut it down. They didn't say "for now". They didn't say "maybe". They straight up said "No. Not interested." As I have said in other posts, if US Soccer wanted a DAII league they would have implemented it years ago on the boys side. They are not interested. They only want the DA players. They don't want to nurture the egos of the non DA-players by giving them false aspirations or beliefs that they are DA players. THIS is what MD and NG and BR banked on. The businessmen that they are banked on being able to sale ice to the eskimos in the hopes that the B team players would believe they were truly DA players. They aren't. Parents and players need to accept the reality of the situation. They are B team players.
Now to address the B team player pathway. For clubs like Beach, Legends and Real So Cal, their B teams are fine. They play in a fall league where they play each other and other top A teams and better B teams than the bozo brigade have, they get in to all of the college showcases (Players, Surf Cup, Disney, etc) events they want, they play National Cup, with success, and they possibly qualify for leagues like CRL. The main objective is college exposure for these players. These clubs get their B teams the exposure they need through alternate pathways. These clubs have the depth in their system to have B teams that are stronger than A teams in most clubs.
Ok, on to the B team players at clubs like LA Premier, LAGSD and Albion. You have a fall gaming circuit that is hanging on by a thread. Now that your A teams have left for DA what's left? Your B teams are not strong enough to get in to showcase events, win anything in National Cup or get in to CRL leagues. So what do you do as a pathway for these players when your only hope is November Nights at Thanksgiving? You try and sell a B team league in the hopes that the titans from Beach, Legends and Real So Cal want to lower the level of play for their B teams and join you in your fantasy league.
Now let's talk about who sanctions this DAII Dream League. Cal South won't touch it. You want a 10-month league and they won't sanction a league that takes teams out of National Cup. They also aren't going to go against the fall gaming circuits they already sanction for a league containing 30 teams (10 clubs x 3 teams each). So cross them off the list.
US Club would LOVE to sanction it and call it NPL. What a joke. Play in a US Club sanctioned league and you can't play National Cup but you DO get to qualify for the super-exciting NPL Nationals to be held in nowhere, USA. No college coaches, no competition. No nothing. How is this creating a pathway to DA that you so long for?
That leaves us with US Soccer and they already said no so cross them off.
So why is this league needed again? Other than to fulfill the false promises made by MD, NG and BR?
Game, set, match....goes to Dreamz, well done!

Someone needs to produce an actual link or memo. Just as many people have "talked to US SOCCER" on both sides. This is a disservice to all involved- to families if they were lied to, players if they were lied to, or others if they were lied to by the other side.
Someone really needs to clarify this once and for all.

Someone needs to produce an actual link or memo. Just as many people have "talked to US SOCCER" on both sides. This is a disservice to all involved- to families if they were lied to, players if they were lied to, or others if they were lied to by the other side.
Someone really needs to clarify this once and for all.
On the call with US Soccer, MD asked JM for an memo stating they would not be supporting DAII. JM told the group "this isn't our problem. You created the problem. We never said we would do DAII so you figure out what to say". US Soccer doesn't have to do jack anything they don't want to do. A bunch of bozos shouted DAII from the rooftop without sanctioning first from US Soccer. Why is it up to US Soccer to bail them out of the hole they dug themselves? There will be no memo. There will be no link. There will be no statement on something that never existed to begin with.
The bozo brigade is trying to come up with a solution but the only viable option is US Club and call it NPL and there is nothing worth anything about playing in that for the SoCal teams.
The other option is to tell the truth, lick your wounds, go back to the original B team plan. Fall league, National Cup, College Showcases, High School, re-entry and unlimited subs. These are NOT DA players and should not be treated as such. Find them a way in to college. That's all they want.

Back