G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

I’ve watch MVLA play all year long and they have a bunch of talented players. So much hype around one kid is concerning
I wonder if MVLA was told that she will bring them a national championship once they brought her on… it’s one thing to have the hype, but another for a fan base or club to feed into it… from my perspective she has to be the G.O.A.T. because she got the pre released Slammers kits before any other player LOL

I wonder if MVLA was told that she will bring them a national championship once they brought her on… it’s one thing to have the hype, but another for a fan base or club to feed into it… from my perspective she has to be the G.O.A.T. because she got the pre released Slammers kits before any other player LOL
I agree, the coaches need to stop feeding into this and pretty sure that was a photoshopped kit LOL

Interesting to note all the clubs not going to surf cup this year at the 2010 level when they had regularly attended before. I wonder if it’s largely viewed as a welcomed preseason tune up event, a burdensome commitment for tired teams especially those coming off ECNL playoffs, or a chance for coaches to experiment with formations and personnel. Definitely doesn’t seem to have the juice it has in years prior…..

Please expand on which teams your referring too... "all the clubs not going to surf cup this year at the 2010 level"

The way Surf Cup split olders and youngers likely affected who would attend.

This year 2010 is the oldest group for Surf Cup Youngers. Both ECNL and GA 2010s just completed their fist season + most clubs would consider them part of their olders group.

Usually olders in clubs are coached by a specific group of coaches. By making 2010s part of the youngers Surf Cup forced coaches to be in San Diego 2 weekends in a row if they wanted all the club teams to do Surf Cup. Because of this it looks like some just chose to do olders + skip the yougers (2010s and 2011s)

TopHat Lonestar NEFC not there as well

* Eagles + MLVA were at Surf Cup Olders

I will give you Eagles and MVLA. I wish Tophat would come out as it would be nice to see what that team can do against any southwest ECNL team. I'm not buying their ranking. For Eagles and MVLA didn't they go through some major roster changes? It might be too early for them to unveil their changes? Going to be interesting to see all the changes though on the teams that are there. Who is NEFC?

I will give you Eagles and MVLA. I wish Tophat would come out as it would be nice to see what that team can do against any southwest ECNL team. I'm not buying their ranking. For Eagles and MVLA didn't they go through some major roster changes? It might be too early for them to unveil their changes? Going to be interesting to see all the changes though on the teams that are there. Who is NEFC?
TopHat 2010 plays like a mix of Surf + Blues.

Lonestar 2010 is from Austin TX strong all round

NEFC is New England Futbol club strong all round.

These are top GA clubs. Ideally they'd be attending Surf Cup. Being able to play against teams you don't see that often is what makes things fun.

Yo Murf what’s going on with your team? Checking the scores and it seems like Blues are struggling with teams that they were totally dominating last year.

Noticed that as well. Surf not dominating, either. Curious how much of this is fatigue and how much of this is turnover. By my last count, Surf was carrying a roster of 21-22 players, which means at least 7-8 are probably extraordinarily unhappy with playtime, as they should be at age 13 if they are not getting to dress out and/or aren't getting solid minutes in meaningful games.

City SC 2010 girls having a solid weekend proving they can hang with the big dogs. Won their group in the top bracket by beating 2 ECNL teams. Lost to Blues 0-1. Not exactly a blowout. Landed themselves a spot in the semi vs. Slammers Koge.

@Carlsbad7 : well-done by the City girls!

I feel like at this age, now that they are in ECNL and play in the playoffs...tournaments just aren't as important to the top teams. I think the lower level teams play to win, but I think the higher level teams use it as practice to try new players out and new positions I don't care as much about the result. I think the semifinals and finals will be a different story. I can't imagine a team not playing to win those.

I feel like at this age, now that they are in ECNL and play in the playoffs...tournaments just aren't as important to the top teams. I think the lower level teams play to win, but I think the higher level teams use it as practice to try new players out and new positions I don't care as much about the result. I think the semifinals and finals will be a different story. I can't imagine a team not playing to win those.

Interesting theory and one that could be true. Worth noting that the newly-crowned national champs are into the semi and certainly do not appear to have taken their foot off the gas for this tournament.

Interesting theory and one that could be true. Worth noting that the newly-crowned national champs are into the semi and certainly do not appear to have taken their foot off the gas for this tournament.
[/QUOT
I agree. Obviously every coach is different. But I do think the majority look at it as an opportunity to work out pre season bumps in the road and don't overly stress about it. Winning surf cup isn't the same as it was when they were pre ecnl.

Let's try this again. I agree. Obviously every coach is different. But I do think the majority look at it as an opportunity to work out pre season bumps in the road and don't overly stress about it. Winning surf cup isn't the same as it was when they were pre ecnl

Let's try this again. I agree. Obviously every coach is different. But I do think the majority look at it as an opportunity to work out pre season bumps in the road and don't overly stress about it. Winning surf cup isn't the same as it was when they were pre ecnl
I think if you start abvocating to hide from other teams because your closed league is "good enough" you're making a poor choice.

I think if you start abvocating to hide from other teams because your closed league is "good enough" you're making a poor choice.
Not really hiding. There is just a lot to do this summer, and you can’t do everything.

The top ECNL teams just had a Phoenix showcase in April, Man City/Cerritos in May, playoffs in June, and nationals in July. A few teams are also sending a player to Conference Cup tomorrow, and might not want the kid to get injured by playing ten games in six days.

At some point, you give the players a rest and look forward to the next season.

Not really hiding. There is just a lot to do this summer, and you can’t do everything.

The top ECNL teams just had a Phoenix showcase in April, Man City/Cerritos in May, playoffs in June, and nationals in July. A few teams are also sending a player to Conference Cup tomorrow, and might not want the kid to get injured by playing ten games in six days.

At some point, you give the players a rest and look forward to the next season.
Top GA teams just had Champions Cup in FL, Playoffs in NJ, Man City, Surf Cup, Local Club Tournaments, League Games, etc. The only thing that seemed different between GA and ECNL was that ECNL split out the Spring/Summer Showcase and Playoffs into seperate events while GA combined them. (For 2024 GA appears to be making them seperate).

Also, I wasn't aware of ECNL Conference Cup so I looked at it more closely. There are 10 players attending from different Socal teams. (Interestingly none were from Surf or Sharks) At first I thought wow this is going to be a huge issue for the teams playing in Surf Cup Semi Finals and Finals. But then I realized only one was a 2010 + most were 2008s/2009s.

So outside of GA combining Finals with a Showcase. Everything seemed fairly similar if you're just considering the burden for players and parents.

Justify not attending big tournaments like Surf Cup however you want. Others will take the opportunity and run with it.

Top GA teams just had Champions Cup in FL, Playoffs in NJ, Man City, Surf Cup, Local Club Tournaments, League Games, etc. The only thing that seemed different between GA and ECNL was that ECNL split out the Spring/Summer Showcase and Playoffs into seperate events while GA combined them. (For 2024 GA appears to be making them seperate).

Also, I wasn't aware of ECNL Conference Cup so I looked at it more closely. There are 10 players attending from different Socal teams. (Interestingly none were from Surf or Sharks) At first I thought wow this is going to be a huge issue for the teams playing in Surf Cup Semi Finals and Finals. But then I realized only one was a 2010 + most were 2008s/2009s.

So outside of GA combining Finals with a Showcase. Everything seemed fairly similar if you're just considering the burden for players and parents.

Justify not attending big tournaments like Surf Cup however you want. Others will take the opportunity and run with it.
Totally agree that ECNL and GA have similar schedules.

They also had similar attendance patterns at Surf Cup: heavily socal. Probably for the same reasons.

A shame the leagues are split. City and Fram both put up some good numbers the last two days.

Back