FRIDAY NIGHT CHECK IN?

Penalty Kicks Stink

SILVER ELITE
Can someone explain what the benefit is of having a Friday night check in for tournaments? It takes just as much time on a Saturday and you dont have to make the extra trips..

The Friday night checkins I went to in my former life as a club parent were always set up as a party for the adult - food, drinks, vendor booths, etc.

The only benefit seems to be for the person from the club who checks the teams in doesn't have to wake up early Saturday am to do this task.
They need field marshals to be at the field an hour before the first game anyways. The only thing I can think of is that if there's an issue Friday, teams will have a bit extra time to fix it. It's just not good enough reason to justify the extra few hours and hassle to team managers.

Most tournaments have changed to check in an hour before the first game. The only tournaments that haven't changed that I know of are Legends, West Coast and Notts Forest.

They need field marshals to be at the field an hour before the first game anyways. The only thing I can think of is that if there's an issue Friday, teams will have a bit extra time to fix it. It's just not good enough reason to justify the extra few hours and hassle to team managers.

Most tournaments have changed to check in an hour before the first game. The only tournaments that haven't changed that I know of are Legends, West Coast and Notts Forest.
And Surf Cup

As a retired team manager, the absolute worst check in was Thanksgiving night at Nomads.

I hated to wait in line and figured there was no reason to rush anywhere for a Friday night check in. If the check in ended at 10:00pm I would roll in at 9:45. I would start getting calls around 9:00 reminding me about check in. Told them to wait I would be there.

Back