Finding equally dedicated soccer players

My DD was scouted and offered a position from Mr. Baker, we decided that the travel and our commitment to his ways were not compatible. He did not like this. His behavior when you are on his side is good, once you don't agree, he becomes a very childish man. Luckily we found a great coach who mentored my DD and got her a great D1 offer. Winning is nice, but winning beautiful is better.
Kudos to you!! Sometimes we get blinded by a coach who wins a lot of games. I have seen Baker in action for many years and I still cringe when I hear some of the verbal abuse that comes out of his mouth. I'm happy you found a good fit for your DD and a D1 offer to boot!!:)

Unless a team is deep and/or a new player to the team is trying to crack the starting line up of an established team I agree here 100%

your spot on here. ive noticed this with my DD's team (younger) more so then my sons. My DD team just added two more players and one has clearly out played the starting forwards in practice/games. Ive noticed over the last two weeks of practice the player having to become more verbal calling for the ball in wide open situations to the point where the coach is having to step in forcing the issue to get them the ball. Ill be interested to see if the team chemistry hits the fan when this player gets to start or if the coach keeps her coming off the bench. At some point every coach needs to go with the best, right?

Definitely, a smart coach should play the best player at every position, hopefully the coaching will create the needed chemistry to make it a no brainer. Like a said a smart coach, finding the right coach is key.

Definitely, a smart coach should play the best player at every position, hopefully the coaching will create the needed chemistry to make it a no brainer. Like a said a smart coach, finding the right coach is key.

You’d think. Doesn’t always happen.

your spot on here. ive noticed this with my DD's team (younger) more so then my sons. My DD team just added two more players and one has clearly out played the starting forwards in practice/games. Ive noticed over the last two weeks of practice the player having to become more verbal calling for the ball in wide open situations to the point where the coach is having to step in forcing the issue to get them the ball. Ill be interested to see if the team chemistry hits the fan when this player gets to start or if the coach keeps her coming off the bench. At some point every coach needs to go with the best, right?

There are teams with dedicated players, but sadly, most of the players are dedicated to themselves, not to the team. If you can anywhere out there find a team full of players dedicated to a common cause-- which would be team success-- please let me know.

Back