Fifi featured on No Days Off

Rennie is right. When you combine elite speed with a good first touch, it's rare and it's very tough to defend. Thanks for posting the video and hope to see her on my TV someday.

You've been sold the club kool aid. The best goalies I know play basketball and short distance track too.
Agree here. :) Mine ran the 100/200 and played Varsity Basketball her freshman year. I do remember an interview with Mia Hamm that stated playing baseball and catching flyballs helped her with following the soccer ball and heading it.

Agree here. :) Mine ran the 100/200 and played Varsity Basketball her freshman year. I do remember an interview with Mia Hamm that stated playing baseball and catching flyballs helped her with following the soccer ball and heading it.
You can’t play basketball and soccer in high school

well, if the player is good enough and they play varsity for both sports it can work. Or a kid can play high level club soccer and high school basketball, it absolutely can work. why do both teams have to be of "quality" to play. Cross-training is very beneficial for kids.

What is this clip really about? An info commercial? Who was behind putting this piece together? What end result is being seeked?
These videos are the pinnacle in parent bragging with the end result of cultivating throngs of crazy parents for future generations. The crazies are alive and well as evidenced at a college ID camp we attended this weekend...a 7th grader (playing on the 5th team of their club) was at the camp ($600 registration) and was bragging that they were the youngest player at the camp on IG.

What is this clip really about? An info commercial? Who was behind putting this piece together? What end result is being seeked?
These videos are the pinnacle in parent bragging with the end result of cultivating throngs of crazy parents for future generations. The crazies are alive and well as evidenced at a college ID camp we attended this weekend...a 7th grader (playing on the 5th team of their club) was at the camp ($600 registration) and was bragging that they were the youngest player at the camp on IG.
I understand what your getting at, but I think its important that we look at the child separately from the parents. For every Marinovich there is probably a Moultrie.

Just because the parent is overzealous doesn't mean that the child isn't as equally passionate on their own accord.

I understand what your getting at, but I think its important that we look at the child separately from the parents. For every Marinovich there is probably a Moultrie.

Just because the parent is overzealous doesn't mean that the child isn't as equally passionate on their own accord.

More like:

For every Moultrie their is 1000 Marinovich's. Burnout, health, puberty, crazy parents and new interests are rings of fire one has to jump threw to reach the higest levels. I've witnessed 8-12 year old "prodigies" become a shell of themselves or out of the sport by high school.

More like:

For every Moultrie their is 1000 Marinovich's. Burnout, health, puberty, crazy parents and new interests are rings of fire one has to jump threw to reach the higest levels. I've witnessed 8-12 year old "prodigies" become a shell of themselves or out of the sport by high school.
You're right, I just don't want to stereotype some kid that may be different. While it may be rare, it does happen. I always roll my eyes when parents are talking about college athletic scholarships when their kid is in the 10-12 age range, or younger. What annoys me are the clubs the market their program as a "pathway" and the parents that fall for it hook, line and sinker. The ONLY pathway is your kids ability, dedication and passion.

You're right, I just don't want to stereotype some kid that may be different. While it may be rare, it does happen. I always roll my eyes when parents are talking about college athletic scholarships when their kid is in the 10-12 age range, or younger. What annoys me are the clubs the market their program as a "pathway" and the parents that fall for it hook, line and sinker. The ONLY pathway is your kids ability, dedication and passion.
Knew some parents that would say "we don't pay to play", woke their kid up at 6am to run cone drills, and would talk about scholarships at u10. Their kid played on 5 different Socal teams by u13 and they moved to Socal because clubs where they were from originally weren't good enough when their kid was u6. Biggest club hoppers I've ever seen and would literally brag about being on scholarship. The icing on the cake was that they would pay the coach $100 a session once a week for private training and minutes. It's interesting watching them because everywhere they go there's a trail of wreckage and burned bridges with clubs, coaches, and other parents.

Clubs sell a vision of something that for 99.9% of players is not going to happen. But then you have parents like what I described that know how to push every button grifting themselves into what they want for their kid. You end up with an arms race for which group can outdo the other.

Unfortunately, new parents often have no idea what they're getting into and because of the way other parents have acted get taken advantage of.

Thank God the rules changed. OM got a nice ride in 6th grade to North Carolina. I rolled my eyes when the club my dd was at had "college night" for 6th and 7th graders. You have to realize watty that a lot of these clubs sell the college access route early, especially to top players parents. The Docs tell us, "I know all the college coaches 😏😏and they ask me who's the next best player at my club because we produce the best players every year." It cuts both ways. I really like what Fifi is doing as a multi-sport athlete. I do think some dads have issues with this because Coach Rob and Blues is in the "info commercial." Coach Rob is the winningest coach in youth soccer, hands down he and Tad were the best recruiter of talent.

Back