madcow

SILVER ELITE
Ok, here it is for the week.
Sereno / Del Sol
Heat
/ Eagles
Arsenal / RSC
Blues / WCFC

I don't think Sereno is going to get their first win this weekend.
I'm pulling for the Eagles, but with the Blues losing to Heat last week, I'm thinking Heat will survive.
Arsenal is still a mystery since they only played 2 games so far, but they won't be the team to stop the RSC machine.
Battle of little bench this week. The team with the most subs wins :)

Ok, here it is for the week.
Sereno / Del Sol
Heat
/ Eagles
Arsenal / RSC
Blues / WCFC

I don't think Sereno is going to get their first win this weekend.
I'm pulling for the Eagles, but with the Blues losing to Heat last week, I'm thinking Heat will survive.
Arsenal is still a mystery since they only played 2 games so far, but they won't be the team to stop the RSC machine.
Battle of little bench this week. The team with the most subs wins :)
I'm with you on the picks, even with Heat in a rare favorite role.

What is up with the team with the -22 gd? A good team with injuries? Seems like a real outlier in the group...
-22? Wow. More like an outlier as an entire club right now. Seems that they have a good u14 group that is 3-1. The 15,16,17 and 18/19 have only posted 2 victories altogether. Maybe the club director had some good success in his other ventures based on his ability to talk and that he just got lucky to have some really good players that made him look good? 2-14 over a four year age group, after having established himself there for several years now, proof is in the pudding. Hats off to those that have stuck it out over the years.

Maybe they should play with the composite teams at this age group?

Last edited:
Sereno / Del Sol, Del Sol 3-0. That's about what I was expecting.
Heat / Eagles, Heat 3-0. Wasn't expecting that score line.
Arsenal / RSC RSC 2-0. RSC just keeps rolling
Blues / WCFC - No score reported yet. Come on you two. Someone post something

1. RSC - 5 wins, 0 losses, 0 ties
  2. Surf - 3 wins, 0 losses, 0 ties
  3. Del Sol - 4 wins, 1 loss, 0 ties
  4. WCFC - 3 wins, 2 losses, 0 ties
  5. Heat FC - 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 ties
  6. Slammers - 1 win, 2 losses, 0 ties
  7. Blues - 1 win, 2 losses, 0 ties
  8. Eagles - 1 win, 3 losses, 1 tie
  9. Sereno - 0 wins, 2 losses, 2 ties
  10. Arsenal - 0 wins, 2 losses, 1 tie
  11. Strikers - 0 wins, 4 losses, 0 ties

Update
Sereno / Del Sol, Del Sol 3-0. That's about what I was expecting.
Heat / Eagles, Heat 3-0. Wasn't expecting that score line.
Arsenal / RSC RSC 2-0. RSC just keeps rolling
Blues / WCFC - WCFC 5-1. Didn't see that game as that lopsided.

Update
  4. WCFC - 4 wins, 2 losses, 0 ties
  7. Eagles - 1 win, 3 losses, 1 tie
  8. Blues - 1 win, 3 losses, 0 ties
With this loss, Blues drop below Eagles.

Update
  4. WCFC - 4 wins, 2 losses, 0 ties
  7. Eagles - 1 win, 3 losses, 1 tie
  8. Blues - 1 win, 3 losses, 0 ties
With this loss, Blues drop below Eagles.
With Heat FC sitting at #5, I wonder if any of the former Downtown LV players are kicking themselves for DPing for Surf, Eagles and Del Sol?

With Heat FC sitting at #5, I wonder if any of the former Downtown LV players are kicking themselves for DPing for Surf, Eagles and Del Sol?
Why? The top 2, maybe 3 teams move on to the finals. I would think the Heat girls would be bummed they didn't DP for Surf or Del Sol. 4th-11th is all the same, really.

Why? The top 2, maybe 3 teams move on to the finals. I would think the Heat girls would be bummed they didn't DP for Surf or Del Sol. 4th-11th is all the same, really.
Because if all of the top LV players played for the local Heat FC ECNL team currently sitting at #5. Heat FC probably would be in top 3 themselves.

Because if all of the top LV players played for the local Heat FC ECNL team currently sitting at #5. Heat FC probably would be in top 3 themselves.
I could be mistaken, but my impression from the girls I've spoken to... they would rather take their chances with another team, than to stay or go with the Heat team. Lots of bad blood between the two clubs. Again, I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got.

Madcow, did you have predicted that Taylor Korniek was going to be leading the Pac12 conference as a freshmen with 9 goals? I don't recall TK carrying the scoring load for Surf last year.

Madcow, did you have predicted that Taylor Korniek was going to be leading the Pac12 conference as a freshmen with 9 goals? I don't recall TK carrying the scoring load for Surf last year.

Prolly too busy at training camps to rack up the stats

Prolly too busy at training camps to rack up the stats

Even if she was at YNT camp, TK has 9 goals in 11 or so college games so far. I don't think she scored 9 goals in 11 ECNL games last year, but I could be wrong. Then again Surf has a lot of weapons and didn't need to rely on her to score goals.

I will admit I am surprised she is leading the Pac12 in goals scored as a freshmen. That's impressive!

Even if she was at YNT camp, TK has 9 goals in 11 or so college games so far. I don't think she scored 9 goals in 11 ECNL games last year, but I could be wrong. Then again Surf has a lot of weapons and didn't need to rely on her to score goals.

I will admit I am surprised she is leading the Pac12 in goals scored as a freshmen. That's impressive!
Then again she did score 84 goals and had 44 assists playing 4 yrs of HS.

I knew she was going to be special in college when we played a game last year (surf cup, ECNL showcase or something like that). Both Colorado coaches were there watching. She crossed mid field, lowered her head and fired a shot that never dipped an inch until it hit the back of the net. Both coaches jumped out of their seats, hugged and high fived each other. I figured if they were that excited, she was ready for college.

Because we had so many offensive weapons, she was given the green light to do what she wanted. I think she just liked to pass more than shoot :)

With Heat FC sitting at #5, I wonder if any of the former Downtown LV players are kicking themselves for DPing for Surf, Eagles and Del Sol?[/

@NoGoal , well I guess many of the previous posts in this thread sort of tie together.

1. I can't speak for all, but most girls from DowntownLV99 are very pleased with their DP experience. For some it's their third year (u15, u17-18). AJ with Surf is in her 4th year (u15-18, she did not come back to LVSA for the U16 season).

2. The Downtown team became LVSA ECNL for their U16 season. They had a great year, advancing to the National Finals. TK tore it up in the attacking middle field spot. She finished 1st or second in goals scored nationally, i think, with nearly 30. I'd go back and check, but the new ECNL website sucks and the old records seemed to be gone for good...... If you saw her play that year you would not be surprised by her college scoring spree.

3. TK played for Heat when she was young. She became friends with the girls from Downtown and made the switch during the U13 season. Heat was so upset they tried to bring player poaching sanctions against the downtown coach and banned her from participating in the NV state cup. The Downtown players pulled together and voted unanimously to boycott the state cup final.

4. The Colorado coaches realized early on that she has maybe the highest ceiling of any player in the country. They've turned her loose in the attacking midfield role and she is doing what she does. I would not be surprised to see her at a WNT camp with the first team in the not too distant future.

Back