ECNL Week 2

madcow

SILVER ELITE
I can't let Brian be the only person posting in this age group.

I figured this season was going to be business as usual (WCFC at the top) everyone else fighting for 2nd. But... RSC 3 - WCFC 1. Puts a whole new spin to this season.

Anyone care enough to post about the game? Or in the least, brave enough to predict this season's final standings?

I figured this season was going to be business as usual (WCFC at the top) everyone else fighting for 2nd. But... RSC 3 - WCFC 1. Puts a whole new spin to this season.

Anyone care enough to post about the game? Or in the least, brave enough to predict this season's final standings?

I predict Del Sol or Surf to finish #1. Get a better idea after HS, once all of the YNT players return though.

This website or ECNL? If the latter, I agree.

Come on. Are you seriously saying ECNL sucks in spite of all of the evidence that says otherwise? Do you realize that if your daughter is going to a decent college then most of her recruiting class will be ECNL players. Carlsbad is a beautiful place. Why all the hate you got DA. If I was you I would focus less on being salty and focus more on getting my daughter ready to play at the next level. It's hard to get on the field even at the bottom feeding schools of the Power 5 conferences.

Up to this point ECNL has done an amazing job.

It becomes a ghost town this last year sir. Everyone focusing on college. It makes the last year very anticlimactic.

Can't shed any light on the WCFC v RSC game. That was an unexpected result.

What the heck is happening up North? De Anza Force is winless to start the year with a -2 goal differential. They lost to MVLA 4-2!!!!
This should be a fun and competitive final year of club soccer. Top to bottom the ECNL Southwest continues to be a grinder. Good luck everyone.

Agreed, the new ECNL website is terrible.

What the heck is happening up North? De Anza Force is winless to start the year with a -2 goal differential. They lost to MVLA 4-2!!!!
This should be a fun and competitive final year of club soccer. Top to bottom the ECNL Southwest continues to be a grinder. Good luck everyone.

What I have observed with the U18 season is this. Every top team loses their players from the prior year's graduating class and that can cause a loss in continuity. The players that are lost tend to be impact players. In DeAnza's case they lost a player that is starting for Stanford and ones that are contributing for Cal, Stanford and Arizona to name a few schools. I don't care how deep your roster is that is going to hurt. Also many teams are missing their top players for various YNT camps (U20/18/17/16) that are going on.

The U18 season can be somewhat inconsistent and hard to predict.

What I have observed with the U18 season is this. Every top team loses their players from the prior year's graduating class and that can cause a loss in continuity. The players that are lost tend to be impact players. In DeAnza's case they lost a player that is starting for Stanford and ones that are contributing for Cal, Stanford and Arizona to name a few schools. I don't care how deep your roster is that is going to hurt. Also many teams are missing their top players for various YNT camps (U20/18/17/16) that are going on.

Are you saying that the non impact players aren't being developed by the machine?

I was chatting with a player from one of our local ECNL teams last week--the basic feeling from her was that the girls just want to be done and move on. I believe her entire team is committed so it is all anticlimatical--maybe go to practice, maybe play, just make sure that grades are in, SAT's are taken and that all the applications are filled out.

It has been a long road for all the girls playing club soccer and it is almost like their senior year is like the penultimate stride.

Are you saying that the non impact players aren't being developed by the machine?

I was chatting with a player from one of our local ECNL teams last week--the basic feeling from her was that the girls just want to be done and move on. I believe her entire team is committed so it is all anticlimatical--maybe go to practice, maybe play, just make sure that grades are in, SAT's are taken and that all the applications are filled out.

It has been a long road for all the girls playing club soccer and it is almost like their senior year is like the penultimate stride.

You can read it however your agenda makes you want to read it. Of course it is a long road, however, the players that are actually planning on playing soccer at the next level better not be taking this year off soccer. They better be polishing their game and working on their strength and fitness because they are about to be competing with women! I can only speak from the perspective of my player and her team and her friends teams and for the most parts misses were preplanned and the only other reasons than the ones I mentioned that I had seen were for official visits, prom, family vacation or testing. Basically senior stuff which the coach was aware of. Many times players from one of the younger top teams would play up to fill gaps in depth.

Most of the girls that are still playing by U18 are pretty committed but they are for the most part high school seniors and it is really important for them to enjoy that time as it only comes once.

De Anza graduated a few starting players and now playing college ball, mix in the birth year change. It's a recipe for unexpected results.

Depends on the player. My DD just returned from a 3 month injury and she is more determined than ever to get back being in fit and form, prior to college soccer. I haven't seen her this determined, since she was named an alternate player for the ODP team back at U13.

Last edited:
Depends on the player. My DD just returned from a 3 month injury and she is more determined than ever to get back being in fit and form, prior to college soccer. I haven't seen her this determined, since she was named an alternate player for the ODP team back at U13.
Golf clap.

Thanks for the heads up. My daughter played U18 last year also. We are intimately familiar with all the factors you mentioned: the loss of players to graduation, the coming and going of National Campers, proms, homecomings, high school soccer commitments, and some girls that play for more than one club. It all makes for a more unpredictable season than past years, I hear ya.

The only good thing about the new website is the listing of a box score for each game, which is only as good as the information provided by each team. In the game I referenced, De Anza had 5 players with previous National Camp experience on their game roster, while MVLA had none. I'm aware of the players they graduated, but I still would've had the betting line at De Anza -3.5 goals.

Last edited:
Golf clap.

You are a psycho. Why spend the time to like your own posts? Everyone knows that you have 4 screen names. You are going to have to look your daughter in the eye and explain that you spend more time on being a loser troll than on helping her get into college. You are pathetic.

You are a psycho. Why spend the time to like your own posts? Everyone knows that you have 4 screen names. You are going to have to look your daughter in the eye and explain that you spend more time on being a loser troll than on helping her get into college. You are pathetic.

MessiFTW DD is either MR, MH, or ON from the Del Sol U17 2000 team. Posted his DD received a PDP invite for March 2016. Only the 3 above players received invites. Then posted his DD HS team was on fire on January 2016 and will probably go deep into the playoffs. The only HS team that was undefeated at the time of that post was M.R.'s HS.

What I find ironic is how can a psycho like yourself be a minister. You need to repent!

Last edited:
This website or ECNL? If the latter, I agree.
Thanks for chiming in. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere else where you and Caliklines can circle jerk about how Legends and Carlsbad are the two greatest clubs to ever play the game...

That's crazy. I hadn't checked into the other regions... mainly because I can barely check our region's scores and standings. This will be a crazy year for sure.
Blues started the season with 22, they played yesterday with 12. One person injured in the first half. That will make for a long season for sure. I thought our roster was too big, but it is turning out to be just about right.

MessiFTW DD is either MR, MH, or ON from the Del Sol U17 2000 team. Posted his DD received a PDP invite for March 2016. Only the 3 above players received invites. Then posted his DD HS team was on fire on January 2016 and will probably go deep into the playoffs. The only HS team that was undefeated at the time of that post was M.R.'s HS.

What I find ironic is how can a psycho like yourself be a minister. You need to repent!

A minister? Oh my goodness after all of the profane things he has said about me he is a minister? NG you just made me go hug my son. Why is it always the ones that are supposed to be the good guys that turn out to be the undercover freaks?

That's crazy. I hadn't checked into the other regions... mainly because I can barely check our region's scores and standings. This will be a crazy year for sure.
Blues started the season with 22, they played yesterday with 12. One person injured in the first half. That will make for a long season for sure. I thought our roster was too big, but it is turning out to be just about right.

I agree MC. The website even if it was simple before at least was functional and it was easy to follow multiple teams. Now I don't even bother. It sucks because there are lots of friends of my daughter's that I would like to see how they are doing and now it's a chore.

Back