ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

You are a big drama queen, looking for a lot of attention and it is getting boring. I hope you aren't as whiny in real life.
Sitting at beach. Waves are awesome, yellow flag. Surfed with da boy b4 he goes to little unicorn u. So proud of him, really. Keep reading or go away. This is my time now.

...But you recount a part of the history I have never heard before. I believe you but am wondering if there was any reporting on this at the time it was occurring? I ask b/c USSF seems committed to GDA and to undermining ECNL (hey, market forces are what they are) in a way that seems to vary from what I'd expect if litigation avoidance was the driving force. Again, I believe what you wrote but am interested in a bit more color. Thanks in advance.

What I communicated was an insiders perspective. I personally have a unique perspective because of my job and have had the opportunity to sit down with many involved at the higher levels of youth soccer over beers/scotch/wine/more beer and ruminate on the state and direction. That said, its easy to follow the thread by looking at statements of US Soccer after the players filed their EEOC claim in 2016.

See: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/uswn...N5dbkz5MY6YWbNOzwMMoVBkFh9gbFCrRL1QcbtVwRHQSM

US Soccer's response to the EEOC complaint, which had been previously threatened was:
Ce5OTqLUUAEP9C-.jpg

But, to fully appreciate the origin of the claim you need to look at what was happening in 2014 and 2015 and the disparity allegations.

US Soccer's response was the formation of the girls DA to take that chip away.

Gosh I leave the country for a few days only to come back to this circular nonsense. You should give a shout out to your supplier because whatever he gave you, you sure got your moneys worth.

EJ if you put half as much effort into a paying job as you do this thread, you could pay for private school for your dd and this thread would be a nonissue.

I know that others have told you to stop this nonsense and you think you are a martyr, but all you are doing is hurting your dd. It looks like several posters know your ID and I bet a few of them have shared this with their kids. Eventually it will get back to your dd and be embarrassing, especially the period stuff a few pages back.

If you are truly intent on getting answers as to why wealthy kids get DA and HS, contact US Soccer, CIF, the ACLU or an investigative reporter and name names. Given the recent college scandals I am sure that you can find someone interested in the story.

I don’t doubt you that wealthy private school kids are abusing the system to play high school. I just looked up a few teams and cross referenced MaxPreps. It is pretty easy to identify the abuse, especially when you see the City the kiddos list on the DA site as their home towns.

I am one person that hates abuse and lying, would love to have a level playing field for all, and help those in need through no fault of their own. But unfortunately life is not fair and at some point we have to pony up and find a solution or suck it up. Good luck to you and your dd. I know that she will be successful in any thing she sets her mind too, after all she has had to live with you for her entire life.

What I communicated was an insiders perspective. I personally have a unique perspective because of my job and have had the opportunity to sit down with many involved at the higher levels of youth soccer over beers/scotch/wine/more beer and ruminate on the state and direction. That said, its easy to follow the thread by looking at statements of US Soccer after the players filed their EEOC claim in 2016.

See: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/uswn...N5dbkz5MY6YWbNOzwMMoVBkFh9gbFCrRL1QcbtVwRHQSM

US Soccer's response to the EEOC complaint, which had been previously threatened was:
Ce5OTqLUUAEP9C-.jpg

But, to fully appreciate the origin of the claim you need to look at what was happening in 2014 and 2015 and the disparity allegations.

US Soccer's response was the formation of the girls DA to take that chip away.

I believe you - and I believe your inside information may tell the story. But I don’t see the thread in the HuffPo article or the 3/31/16 statement from US Soccer. I will what I can find from those other years (I just don’t see the youth soccer connection other than a passing reference)

Were not trying to play in the DA. We will never play in the FREE DA league that makes 12 and 13 year olds world cup players for FREE!!!!. I don't think we would be welcomed even if we tried. However, I still would like her to be scouted like other DA Private school educated kids with smart dads with money. Please US SOCCER FEDERATION and BIG CLUB have some sort program for the other 1/3 of the country and some us other folks in da other leagues. Please share the process with us so we can prepare to like all the other future pro players at the DA. My dd has a goal. MAPs dd had goals and has pretty achieved them all up to this point. My dd wants to make da list and play on da BIG SQUAD someday. She's asking for a little guidance as she prepares for HS. I was told by higher up at BIG CLUB that it was a "pipe dream" and to only foucs on the deal at college. But my dd wants to make da list. I saw BIG CLUB advertisng at BIG CLUB tourney and said something about "following your dreams" and it made me think about what higher up dad said to me. I'm confused with the messaging from BIG CLUB and US SOCCER FEDERATION. please help me. Someone, anyone please. TY
I feel like I'm talking to my teenagers. You have been told you just don't seem to want to listen. If not DA then ECNL if not ECNL then ODP, they do scout areas not in DA just not as heavily because there is a cost and concentration of players. The DA is the best path because they have Technical directors at almost every game and the US national scouts heavily attend showcases and championships. There were 7 at one of our championship games in June. ECNL national events are probably the second most attended events by US soccer scouts, then probably big showcases (Surf Cup, PDA, Jeferson Cup etc) and ODP. Many of the US scouts are college coaches in case you didn't know. BTW if she doesn't get noticed now because she's not in the right place(because you don't seem to want to play the required game) or she is currently not there as a player, they do scout college. All but two on the US world cup team played in college, plus many others from various countries played in US colleges. Those players move on and play in the pros. So it is kind of a minor league system between college and the NWSL. Listen or don't, I'm out of this mind numbing thread, good luck to your DD. Oh and BTW it is a pipe dream for most including the DA girls to make the full national team, at most 2 or 3 girls from an age group will ever make the full national team and even if they are all pulled from DA teams (about 1250 girls per age group) it less than a .25% chance.

There are much nicer campuses in the UC system than UCLA.

Their soccer stadium is not even the best in So Cal. Pepperdine, Fullerton, UC Irvine and even D2 Dominguez Hills have better stadiums and/or settings. They're about even with Northridge or LMU.

Look at pictures of GCU's stadium (not the same as a some of the Cali schools) it is pretty cool. University of Denver which is on par with a UC School if not better has another killer stadium but no beach. Find the compromise. LMU has an amazing campus and the grass on their field.....

I believe you - and I believe your inside information may tell the story. But I don’t see the thread in the HuffPo article or the 3/31/16 statement from US Soccer. I will what I can find from those other years (I just don’t see the youth soccer connection other than a passing reference)

If you look at US Soccer's statement in response to the EEOC allegations/claim filed against it in 2016, US Soccer pointed to the "new" Girls Academy program as part of their public response at every opportunity.

I looked for a few articles to support the point, but nobody was writing anything about the real reason for the Girls DA.

This article from 2016 sums up the confusion those in youth soccer had at the time:
https://bethesdamagazine.com/bethes...my-raises-concerns-for-countys-elite-players/

Why? There really was only 1 answer why. US Soccer was embattled after the 2015 WC win and was being attacked at every instance (women playing on artificial turf, women not be paid as much, not having the same quality of training facilities, etc.)

I see that in the release - it is not really an EEOC response, just a press release and it does make reference to the GDA (and I remember the US Soccer road shows at the regional NTCs around that time) but I don't see the link between litigation/a formal EEOC complaint and the reluctant establishment of GDA. I will look at this other link after a work call.

(BTW: sometimes I read blanket statements and I have immediate doubt. I actually believe what you are saying but I think that is because of your tone (just seems credible) and your note about having the knowledge of an insider. I don't see the outside sources to back that up but I still think what you are writing seems logical and possibly true)

Look at pictures of GCU's stadium (not the same as a some of the Cali schools) it is pretty cool. University of Denver which is on par with a UC School if not better has another killer stadium but no beach. Find the compromise. LMU has an amazing campus and the grass on their field.....

Agreed - amazing campus, wonderful environment! ;) And a sport (other than Gonzaga basketball) that the smaller schools of the West Coast Conference can be competitive in against the Goliath's.

And note to EJ: have faith, keep working, she'll find her niche. Of all the things in the world that us less financially established have to worry about, the opportunity to play DA and HS soccer consecutively should rank pretty low.

I thought the same thing until i looked up their 990 and they received a grant for just over $1,500,000 in 2017.

This would be a surprise, actually somewhat shocking. Check the website:
https://www.ussoccer.com/governance/financial-information

So I looked up the 2018 990 (which is for the tax year 2017). Government Grants (contributions) are located in the Statement of Revenue (Page 9) - Part VIII - Section 1e. The 2017 - 990 is $0.0 for grants.

Maybe it was the 2017 990 for tax year 2016? Looked it up. $0.0.
2015? $0.0.
2014? $0.0.

Help me understand what you are looking at that shows the Federation receives government funding ... in excess of the benefit of its 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.

Would be interesting to see if a creative attorney could make the argument that as the national body for the sport - and USSF is - it has a quasi governmental role and thus is subject to the same scrutiny as if it received direct response investment. After all, there is great value in this status - it would be different if, say, the USOC looked to another body for choosing the Olympic team.

That attorney would start at the Amateur Sports Act of 1978. What would be the purpose of trying to label it a quasi governmental entity/role? I can see one negative and that would be taking power out of the hands of its members. I'll note that the Federation is still subject to the rules relating to equal employment, anti-discrimination, etc. As a 501(c)(3) its prohibited from political endorsements and other acts.

That attorney would start at the Amateur Sports Act of 1978. What would be the purpose of trying to label it a quasi governmental entity/role? I can see one negative and that would be taking power out of the hands of its members. I'll note that the Federation is still subject to the rules relating to equal employment, anti-discrimination, etc. As a 501(c)(3) its prohibited from political endorsements and other acts.

I'm not saying there SHOULD be any litigation but when folks look to pin some exposure on USSF b/c it has accepted $ when it appears that it has not, my point is that taking money may not be necessary to require scrutiny the way a private college or other non-profit might have to bear.

I hate to dredge this up, but in 2017 the NCAA Research department did a study of early recruiting (http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017DIRes_DISAACEarlyRecruitingSurvey_(Oct2017)_FINAL_20171013.pdf)

Here are the results regarding verbal offers for women's sports. Only 3% of athletes at the 9th grade age or younger were given verbal commitment's for a scholarship. 29% where in 10th grade, 55% were in 11th grade and 9% were 12 graders.

This is not a problem that some may perceive it is.
A
Are the stats for D1 schools or did they include D2 schools?

I got back on folks. Scary email from big brother. You can't make this stuff up unless you lived it. Anyway, Dom I promise to follow da rules. It's important as adults that all rules are followed and I didn't do that and for that I am truly, truly sorry. I would ask for second chance from the group? I realized today that we all come from different places and each girl might have a different reason their playing. I honestly was naïve that college was what everyone wants for the most part. I'm so sorry. Were here for a different reason than college. Can we all forgive each other? Some of you have not experienced what we have so you can't speak on the experience. MAP is from CSL and even the ECNL dads the days were different. I'm just a dad looking for some answers to questions my dd and I have. Please don't band me. I will only discuss on this Topic. Sorry kicker for getting a little competitive, it runs in the blood. Anyway, Elle is for her and Justus is for him. Were the FEARSOME FOURSOME. 11:11. Please be kind to my dd. Hate me all you want. Perception is not reality.

I feel like I'm talking to my teenagers. You have been told you just don't seem to want to listen. If not DA then ECNL if not ECNL then ODP, they do scout areas not in DA just not as heavily because there is a cost and concentration of players. The DA is the best path because they have Technical directors at almost every game and the US national scouts heavily attend showcases and championships. There were 7 at one of our championship games in June. ECNL national events are probably the second most attended events by US soccer scouts, then probably big showcases (Surf Cup, PDA, Jeferson Cup etc) and ODP. Many of the US scouts are college coaches in case you didn't know. BTW if she doesn't get noticed now because she's not in the right place(because you don't seem to want to play the required game) or she is currently not there as a player, they do scout college. All but two on the US world cup team played in college, plus many others from various countries played in US colleges. Those players move on and play in the pros. So it is kind of a minor league system between college and the NWSL. Listen or don't, I'm out of this mind numbing thread, good luck to your DD. Oh and BTW it is a pipe dream for most including the DA girls to make the full national team, at most 2 or 3 girls from an age group will ever make the full national team and even if they are all pulled from DA teams (about 1250 girls per age group) it less than a .25% chance.
"America the beautiful and home of the free where DREAMS are made" Always remember that a dream becomes a reality if you work hard at it. My dd dream is to be on the National Team. Make fun all you want. The first question that should be asked of any girl entering a competition to be on THE LIST should say, "To play for the National Team." Right now 99% say, College degree. I see that I'm in the minority on the forum. Remember, this was not a "pipe dream" for Mallory, Morgan, Megan and the rest. Anyway as time goes by the story will come clearer for all. TY

I got back on folks. Scary email from big brother. You can't make this stuff up unless you lived it. Anyway, Dom I promise to follow da rules. It's important as adults that all rules are followed and I didn't do that and for that I am truly, truly sorry. I would ask for second chance from the group? I realized today that we all come from different places and each girl might have a different reason their playing. I honestly was naïve that college was what everyone wants for the most part. I'm so sorry. Were here for a different reason than college. Can we all forgive each other? Some of you have not experienced what we have so you can't speak on the experience. MAP is from CSL and even the ECNL dads the days were different. I'm just a dad looking for some answers to questions my dd and I have. Please don't band me. I will only discuss on this Topic. Sorry kicker for getting a little competitive, it runs in the blood. Anyway, Elle is for her and Justus is for him. Were the FEARSOME FOURSOME. 11:11. Please be kind to my dd. Hate me all you want. Perception is not reality.
Don't hate you. We share mutual friends. But your posts and threads were manic. Very TMZ gone tilt. The answers should come from your experiences. The last time Dominic took posts or threads down it was over the Anaheim Surf scandal and Surf (SD) was involved, as well as Cal South. You did it all by yourself. That's impressive.

Back