ECNL expansion 2021-2022

Probably a couple months from the expansion hysteria heating up again, but was curious what’s the word in CA.

I’m in the northeast and the conference got split this year into New England (9 teams) and North Atlantic (9 teams) so there are a lot of rumors about potentially expanding to 10 & 10.

I’ve got to imagine the clubs who have teams in the ECRL this year will get the first look.

Not sure you will see much expansion from Socal, maybe a club here or there. Pretty much all the bigger ones are already in.

Perhaps some will get girls or boys teams in ECNL in addition to ECRL. Very few just in ECRL and not ECNL by choice.

Not sure you will see much expansion from Socal, maybe a club here or there. Pretty much all the bigger ones are already in.

Perhaps some will get girls or boys teams in ECNL in addition to ECRL. Very few just in ECRL and not ECNL by choice.

You are correct in saying there will not be much expansion in SoCal..... but to be clear NOBODY is in just ECRL and not ECNL by their own choice..... there are currently 12 socal ECNL clubs and with AZ the SW conference is 14 teams total.......my prediction: Beach and Legends will be accepted into ECNL and the SW will split into two equal conferences of 8 teams each.....this is all in good fun but let me state that my predictions this past spring were pretty darn accurate so I would make sure you have good sources before telling me I’m wrong..... :)

You are correct in saying there will not be much expansion in SoCal..... but to be clear NOBODY is in just ECRL and not ECNL by their own choice..... there are currently 12 socal ECNL clubs and with AZ the SW conference is 14 teams total.......my prediction: Beach and Legends will be accepted into ECNL and the SW will split into two equal conferences of 8 teams each.....this is all in good fun but let me state that my predictions this past spring were pretty darn accurate so I would make sure you have good sources before telling me I’m wrong..... :)

I am surprised that there wouldn’t be consolidation. The economy is going to impacta a lot of families and ECXL is not cheap.

I’d be curious to hear what makes you predict that Beach and Legends will be invited to join ECNL? Name, reputation, ranked players on roster, coaches’ relationships to Laver, game performance this season??

I’d be curious to hear what makes you predict that Beach and Legends will be invited to join ECNL? Name, reputation, ranked players on roster, coaches’ relationships to Laver, game performance this season??

My birdie says reputation/name, previous on field success and commitment to ECRL would be the three reasons.... I also think they are the only two clubs not currently in ECNL in SoCal that would add to the league's quality.... I do not think either would come in and dominate, but they would help make the league even stronger than it is

hopefully in the spring ECRL will get playing and their will teams will stand out..... one further hint is that Beach u16 were invited to cover for a dropped team at the recent ECNL Showcase and, while they weren't scheduled versus top teams, they performed well winning three close games.....several other ECRL teams also played this event but Beach were the only club who doesn't have ECNL teams.....

The two big fish left on the east coast are Top Hat & FC Virginia. Both would strengthen ECNL and be big losses for GA, but both are in markets with several other ECNL teams and Top Hat has a well documented history of strife with the ECNL, so it will certainly be interesting to see what happens with those two clubs.

My birdie says reputation/name, previous on field success and commitment to ECRL would be the three reasons.... I also think they are the only two clubs not currently in ECNL in SoCal that would add to the league's quality.... I do not think either would come in and dominate, but they would help make the league even stronger than it is

hopefully in the spring ECRL will get playing and their will teams will stand out..... one further hint is that Beach u16 were invited to cover for a dropped team at the recent ECNL Showcase and, while they weren't scheduled versus top teams, they performed well winning three close games.....several other ECRL teams also played this event but Beach were the only club who doesn't have ECNL teams.....
Silver Lakes helps Legends as well. Beach is always good so both of those clubs need to be invited, like 4 years ago, Throw in the Hat and you just picked up three of the best clubs in the country.

Silver Lakes helps Legends as well. Beach is always good so both of those clubs need to be invited, like 4 years ago, Throw in the Hat and you just picked up three of the best clubs in the country.

Getting into Ecnl is a bit like facing the tribal council on survivor. Need alliances and the votes to get in otherwise your torch is snuffed out for another season. Will those clubs muster another votes and alliances to get in? They well could be deserving but takes more than that to get voted in.

Getting into Ecnl is a bit like facing the tribal council on survivor. Need alliances and the votes to get in otherwise your torch is snuffed out for another season. Will those clubs muster another votes and alliances to get in? They well could be deserving but takes more than that to get voted in.
I had an old pal high up in the coaching ranks. He said most of the Docs all get along. Go out for drinks and talk about what dad is nuts and who stay away from. These "tribal leaders" controlled "The List" as well so it made the "Survivor Socal Soccer Game" super hard to play. They also know all the top coaches so do your best to, STFU!!!! Amazing the customers put up with all this BS for so long. One Doc, who I thought i had the upper hand on in the game, was also interviewing for same job with the other tribal leader. It's what I call, "The good ole boys club." I could go on and on but I wont.

It’s like the Mafia, welcome to the ECNL family. Now go collect those $4k dues and make a tons of money on empty promises. ECRL is even a bigger scam.

It’s like the Mafia, welcome to the ECNL family. Now go collect those $4k dues and make a tons of money on empty promises. ECRL is even a bigger scam.
How many Families in charge in Socal now? I swear, if you dont obey and STFU, you will be in a world of hurt. I had no idea how powerful some of these families were. Lot's of compromising going on if you know what I mean. If you see some hanky panky going on too and report it, oh well, just one SOL parent with a crazy ass Doc with all the power. God forbid you ask a question about one's behavior around 13 year old girls.

I think the reason they get in is that by bringing them, ECNL hurts SW GA a LOT. And that helps all the So Cal ECNL clubs.

I think the reason they get in is that by bringing them, ECNL hurts SW GA a LOT. And that helps all the So Cal ECNL clubs.

I wonder how much hurting GA, as opposed to other considerations, will factor in when ECNL is making expansion decisions? I assume it will depend upon whether ECNL considers GA a threat, either nationally or in certain markets.

For example plucking a club like Top Hat would clearly hurt GA, but is adding a smaller name club in someplace like the midwest where travel isn’t great a bigger consideration?

I wonder how much hurting GA, as opposed to other considerations, will factor in when ECNL is making expansion decisions? I assume it will depend upon whether ECNL considers GA a threat, either nationally or in certain markets.

For example plucking a club like Top Hat would clearly hurt GA, but is adding a smaller name club in someplace like the midwest where travel isn’t great a bigger consideration?
I think there is a couple of areas where ECNL can pick off a couple of top clubs and relegate GA to a 2nd tier. They also do as you say need to pick up some clubs in areas where travel sucks to make it work for clubs in those areas.

GA already is hurt from the very beginning.... Legends and Beach obviously have their 2nd teams in GA....now if the two AZ GA clubs were to move to ecnl, that would really hurt.
Well the amazing/sad thing is we are just a few months away from when ECNL usually starts announcing changes/additions. So far not an exciting season, though from an AZ perspective we have gotten in a lot of games.

Back