Eagles DA?? Any thoughts?

That's the challenge with the forum - sometimes posts sound like they are all accurate with the inside scoop and maybe InTheKnow isn't 100% in the know.
I'd say with so many changes to rosters even before any of us see them in print, no one can 100% accurate. But when you do see those rosters, count the 2016/'17 Eagles '02 ECNL players on the 2017/'18 01/02 DA roster, then count the 2016/'17 RSC '02 ECNL players on their 2017/'18 01/02 DA roster ;)

if you have an '02 team that finishes in 8th place I wouldn't think many of those players would be pulled up to play on the DA team? If the Eagles coaches were smart they would add many of those '02 players. The '01/ '02 team (before the age split) at Eagles was one of the top in the country. Weren't they in the final four last year in the U14 ECNL championship?

if you have an '02 team that finishes in 8th place I wouldn't think many of those players would be pulled up to play on the DA team? If the Eagles coaches were smart they would add many of those '02 players. The '01/ '02 team (before the age split) at Eagles was one of the top in the country. Weren't they in the final four last year in the U14 ECNL championship?

Just because a team finishes in 8th place it doesn't mean that there aren't some elite players on the team. That is the big fallacy that is out there. The belief that all the players on a great team are elite and inversely that all the players on a okay team are average.

I didn't say any or all. I said many -. There can be some great and elite players on a team that overall isn't as successful as other teams and there can be mediocre to poor players on a championship team. If you have a championship team though it would be safe to assume to me that there would be more strong players to choose from to play up with the older players in terms of quantity - unless of course it is an Arsenal team

I didn't say any or all. I said many -. There can be some great and elite players on a team that overall isn't as successful as other teams and there can be mediocre to poor players on a championship team. If you have a championship team though it would be safe to assume to me that there would be more strong players to choose from to play up with the older players in terms of quantity - unless of course it is an Arsenal team

Fair enough.

I know that the top team in my players age group only had 2 of the top 30-40 players on it prior to the U18 season. The overall talent level and the team chemistry are what set them apart. 3 of the top 8 players didn't even play on an ECNL team they played for Beach. That is the reason I say to focus on your player. Coaches recruit players not teams and sometimes elite teammates disguise an individual's shortcomings. I honestly think one of the reasons that my player developed such a varied skill set and killer mentality was that she often had to carry a really good team playing against so many great teams.

The Eagles have been a good club over the years however last year their ECNL record for the 2003 team wasn't that great. What is the forum's thoughts on how their DA will be??
Well last night's news certainly has to be a blow to the Eagles DA. Indefinitely suspending their Girls DOC, also the coach for a couple of their DA teams has to hurt. For the sake of the players and the families I hope the allegations are false. It is a terrible situation.

Uhh, betting they all signed.
According to the other thread, at least one family refused to sign and their kid was cut from the team (I'm still interested in hearing if they got any of their team fees back since they didn't even get to finish the league season). I'm betting everyone else signed. There are too many families on the DPL teams that will do anything Eagles tells them to do because they think it will lead to their kid making the Academy team.

Did not sign. Daughter was kicked out of club.
Sorry to hear that you were by yourself standing up to the jackass.

I would contact Calsouth's PAD committee with and complaint and also go to small claims court.

At least high school season is starting soon so you will have time to regroup and find your daughter a real club team. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

I agree with the other posters - I would complain to Cal South and would send a complaint to US Soccer as a DA club and pursue them to get your registration fees returned. I would guess that you signed a "contract" at the beginning of the season that they are violating by demanding a new contract mid year

I agree with the other posters - I would complain to Cal South and would send a complaint to US Soccer as a DA club and pursue them to get your registration fees returned. I would guess that you signed a "contract" at the beginning of the season that they are violating by demanding a new contract mid year
Probably standard, I don’t know but all eagles families sign a contract in the beginning of the season that states that fees will NEVER be returned for ANY reason. What eagles did is breach of contract and they should be taken to small claims court.

Back