Division 1 Women’s Soccer

this game was next to our B06 State Cup game so I got to see some of it. Solid standard; both teams moved the ball fairly well from back to front although final third play wasn't particularly incisive. I'm not familiar with D1 women's college soccer so I don't know how they stack up against the top teams in D1.

My dd and I checked out the game. First, Great Park was full of soccer again. We left in the 2nd half with CBU up 3-1. I'm impressed with this Riverside Campus. D1 in hoops too. They have big time potential. For those who live in the IE and have dd who want to live close to home, a great option. LMU looked like they were getting back into shape. CBU was out to prove something and had a little more ganas. Just a spring game and nothing to read into. It was a good game. LMU had some really good passes from the back and almost scored on them. Some nice soccer. My dd got a lot of information :)

Thank for posting. I watched about 20 minutes too. It was a good game. Seeing how big those girls are almost confirmed my thoughts that my DD does not stand a chance to play in college :)

While size helps there are plenty of shorter girls playing D1 and making an impact. But the reality of it is only a few percent of girls make it to that level and it is more about skill, focus and drive.

Thank for posting. I watched about 20 minutes too. It was a good game. Seeing how big those girls are almost confirmed my thoughts that my DD does not stand a chance to play in college :)

Not true. It isn't the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog. My player's team signed a player from Japan's WNT that is only 5'1 and she is ridiculously good. Not to mention that Crystal Dunn is like 5'3.

Not true. It isn't the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog. My player's team signed a player from Japan's WNT that is only 5'1 and she is ridiculously good. Not to mention that Crystal Dunn is like 5'3.
Sophie Smith is either 5 5' or 5 6' and she can ball. The bigs who don;t have speed use their body to box you at and knock smaller players down like AS. @MakeAPlay , again, thank you for being honest. I swear to God as my witness it was your facts that helped me the most. Although painful, I appreciated the truth. We need you back. Just lay out the truth for all of us. When they say, "scholarship" what do they really mean? You're a legend and I saw what your dd did in HS Soccer and in college and now pro. You give it to us straight. No sugar drops from Map, never. Sit on the bench at UCLA or try and beat them at lower power 5 or a top mid major if you want to see some action as a Fr. TY sir :)

Back