Desperate coach or caring coach?

Isn't EXTRAs supposed to be a blind merit based tryout, or is that just our region? Taking an entire select team into EXTRAs would be a big no no here according to the rules, but as I've witnessed, the entire blind merit based tryout thing is mostly just for show and as with most things, at the end of the day, politics rule. My point is if you do have a blind EXTRAS tryout out, at least on the face of it, the team has no implied obligation to the player, and the player has no implied obligation to the team, according to the rules at least.
Using my daughter to buddy up with potential recruits is a good or bad thing? ;)

The select girls receive extra training, were some of the better players to start off with, thus have a major head start over many of the others that tryout so I can understand a number of them making the team. It then comes down to the amount of pull that the Extra coach might have to get the players they want. We always comment on teams that just grab the big and fast girl, but speed and quickness seem to be more difficult to teach then foot skills. The Extra tryouts don't take speed into account enough, in my opinion, while a club coach sees the fastest girl out there on the field and figures they can teach soccer skills to that girl.

Back