Davis Legacy Cup Showcase?

Banana Hammock

SILVER ELITE
Anyone in Norcal have an inside track on whether or not its going to happen?

They will only just now have to react to this as it was issued by the California Department of Public Health today.

Travel Advisory for Non-Essential Travel [1]

1. Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel. [2]

2. Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus transmission and bringing the virus back to California.

Your better off gambling that tournaments in other states will go forward as opposed to anything in CA.

"Yolo County moved to the 'Red Tier' - Substantial on September 29. As of November 10, we are still in the red tier but there is a real risk of falling back to purple"

They will only just now have to react to this as it was issued by the California Department of Public Health today.

Travel Advisory for Non-Essential Travel [1]

1. Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel. [2]

2. Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus transmission and bringing the virus back to California.
How about removing the reason most families are traveling outside of CA right now and watch more people comply and stay instate.

If your not gonna pay me for the 14 days of self quarantine, GFY!!

Not to be a downer, but now that the Bay Area counties are recommending a 14 day quarantine if you leave the county staying in state is problematic too.

Not that I agree with it, but I foresee an issue with teams needing to quarantine upon returning to their home county due to pressure from the County Health Department or from other parents. Parents that leave the county for a soccer game can also be asked by employers to work from home for 14 days. Players that leave the county may not be allowed to go to school if they have on campus learning. With any luck this won't happen, but it's a possibility and could affect the ability to play outside of your home county.

Not that I agree with it, but I foresee an issue with teams needing to quarantine upon returning to their home county due to pressure from the County Health Department or from other parents. Parents that leave the county for a soccer game can also be asked by employers to work from home for 14 days. Players that leave the county may not be allowed to go to school if they have on campus learning. With any luck this won't happen, but it's a possibility and could affect the ability to play outside of your home county.
So, how will they enforce this? What if your job is in another County? What about all the kids who live in one county but play for a club in another county?

So, how will they enforce this? What if your job is in another County? What about all the kids who live in one county but play for a club in another county?

Yes, this was always a question I had. So many kids commute to different counties to play sports. And as you mentioned different counties, to work (parents). Hell we commute to a different county for my kids private school so it all become very unclear....

The work and school scenarios are likely non issues. You would be traveling for an essential activity ( school or work). As for the club sports they would likely discourage the team from leaving their home county without considering where their players come from. I am sure it will all be clear when the guidance is released someday, any day now, very soon.

Back