DA2 not happening

Interesting reading on the Girls Developmental Academy thread how this whole DA2 is nothing but a marketing ploy by certain clubs to get players, Looks like US Soccer has told clubs to stop advertising this as a league or even a US program and now certain clubs have to go back to parents they made promises to about how great an opportunity their dd have isnt going to happen. " US Soccer is not interested in the development of clubs B teams"

Interesting reading on the Girls Developmental Academy thread how this whole DA2 is nothing but a marketing ploy by certain clubs to get players, Looks like US Soccer has told clubs to stop advertising this as a league or even a US program and now certain clubs have to go back to parents they made promises to about how great an opportunity their dd have isnt going to happen. " US Soccer is not interested in the development of clubs B teams"
Info is still coming out to parents about their clubs DA II teams...is what you said above confirmed? How about clubs requiring $$ to try out for DA and players family will forfeit it if an offer is made that they don't take (i.e. player wanted DA but is offered DA II?) prevents players from looking at multiple teams if they don't want to drop 500 at each tryout. Is that ethical?

Info is still coming out to parents about their clubs DA II teams...is what you said above confirmed? How about clubs requiring $$ to try out for DA and players family will forfeit it if an offer is made that they don't take (i.e. player wanted DA but is offered DA II?) prevents players from looking at multiple teams if they don't want to drop 500 at each tryout. Is that ethical?
Yes that is unethical. $$ required to tryout for DA (other than a nominal fee) is unethical. It seems to me that the clubs are trying to prevent families from looking at multiple clubs.

You all have to pay for tryouts in SoCal? Are they not free?

If anybody is charging for youth soccer tryouts walk away or don't bother.

I've heard or seen some clubs offering "trials" to get on teams. Basically after a free tryout, they hook people to pay for x number of weeks for a "trial". Many times there are 2x or more trialists as compared to 1st team slots so some get other offers or not at all and the clubs get some $ either way. Buyer beware always do research and ask for more info.

Da2 never existed in the first place, marketing gimmick that was a wishful thinking purposal that was rejected.

If anybody is charging for youth soccer tryouts walk away or don't bother.

I've heard or seen some clubs offering "trials" to get on teams. Basically after a free tryout, they hook people to pay for x number of weeks for a "trial". Many times there are 2x or more trialists as compared to 1st team slots so some get other offers or not at all and the clubs get some $ either way. Buyer beware always do research and ask for more info.

Da2 never existed in the first place, marketing gimmick that was a wishful thinking purposal that was rejected.

It's kind of odd because even though my DD is DA he guy in charge of all this at US SOCCER is very accessible and talks to everyone when they call. if this affects people personally they should call because I have heard two different stories.
As far as fees for tryouts wow had not heard that.

It's kind of odd because even though my DD is DA he guy in charge of all this at US SOCCER is very accessible and talks to everyone when they call. if this affects people personally they should call because I have heard two different stories.
As far as fees for tryouts wow had not heard that.

I don't know who your talking to but nobody's DD is DA yet. DA registration doesn't even start until August and rosters not set until mid to late August some almost to Sept the start of the season.

When you submit the waviers go through the impact testing, club or you pays the reg fee , puts you on a roster, and you get approved that you and everyone can see at http://www.ussoccerda.com/home.php then you're really a DA player.

I don't know who your talking to but nobody's DD is DA yet. DA registration doesn't even start until August and rosters not set until mid to late August some almost to Sept the start of the season.

When you submit the waviers go through the impact testing, club or you pays the reg fee , puts you on a roster, and you get approved that you and everyone can see at http://www.ussoccerda.com/home.php then you're really a DA player.

I hear what you are saying and I like your attention to detail

Back