DA TRYOUTS INFORMATION

Don't worry it's not for 05.
Again good on a club for starting the whole process!
If you have something positive to contribute feel free. If not go back to 05.

You may also want to list funded DA:
ALBION ?
BLUES ?
EAGLES ?
LAFC YES
LAG YES
LAGSD ?
PAT YES
Real so cal ?
SURF ?
WEST COAST ?

FYI long ways to go...but can be very rewarding for the players that can follow through.

Some new DA boys teams started tryouts in Jan of this year I recall but wasn't until almost Sept until the initial rosters/teams where registered/set.

Things can & will happen (coaches, players, funding, fields, injuries, change) between the 7 months; spring, part of the summer before the DA team registration process which started in august w/ some teams asking for extensions to 1st part of Sept.

funding = lots more players trying out, selection/eval processes can drag out for many months, tournaments, etc can get very particular before coaches feel players are "academy ready"

Split age group for the girls makes things even more challenging for the youngers in the split to make teams & find enough playing time.

Split age group for the girls makes things even more challenging for the youngers in the split to make teams & find enough playing time.

Playing time yes, but making the team? Aren't they supposed to be split close to 50/50? 13 DA teams taking at most 12 per age group is 156 girls. ECNL has 8 teams with rosters averaging about 25 girls, so that's 200 girls. Still enough talent left over?

Playing time yes, but making the team? Aren't they supposed to be split close to 50/50? 13 DA teams taking at most 12 per age group is 156 girls. ECNL has 8 teams with rosters averaging about 25 girls, so that's 200 girls. Still enough talent left over?

What typically happens with combined groups 03/04' for U14/15 is a 70/30 or higher split so the majority of the players will be older. Is this case the 2003's will be the 70/30 to 2004's.

ECNL is single age groups U14 so will be easier to make those teams

DA will be more competitive for roster spots since there are fewer of them for each AG with the combined age groups (U14/15) partly depending on if your older or younger in the combo.

For the club's with both ENCL & DA some choices have to be made: player selection priority, which team gets the more experienced or higher rated coach, etc. Yes you can have two "A" teams but normally what happens is one gets a bit more talent or resources vs the other and becomes a higher priority eventually.

Legends? Beach? LA Premier?

And what does happen to Strikers and Arsenal? Fully funded ECNL?

At Strikers Town Hall meeting a couple of weeks ago, Strikers management stated that they did not apply for GDA. Their focus is ECNL. I am sure that is code for something, but I don't care enough to get more details.
I cannot imagine fully funded ECNL, but you never know. If Strikers or Arsenal were to offer fully funded ECNL, all of the lower level and youngers teams can expect major increases in their yearly dues.

I don't believe that US Soccer has mandated that the dual age band team be comprised of 50/50 youngers/olders. I think the answer lies in this question......Will US Soccer mandate development over winning? If the goal is to win, then it only makes sense to load these teams with older players.

I think the GDA will quickly weed out the players that are not totally committed to soccer. These players will practice at least four times per week and likely for 2 hours or more per practice. Then these players will have to fit time into their schedule to complete homework and study for school, socialize with non-soccer friends and just relax. Not every player can manage this schedule successfully.

Honestly, 4x per week isn't that much more than kids are doing anyway, and their game schedule actually look lighter than ECNL. It'll weed kids out I'm sure, but I don't know how much value there is in getting 13 year olds to commit to a single sport.

What typically happens with combined groups 03/04' for U14/15 is a 70/30 or higher split so the majority of the players will be older. Is this case the 2003's will be the 70/30 to 2004's.

ECNL is single age groups U14 so will be easier to make those teams

DA will be more competitive for roster spots since there are fewer of them for each AG with the combined age groups (U14/15) partly depending on if your older or younger in the combo.

For the club's with both ENCL & DA some choices have to be made: player selection priority, which team gets the more experienced or higher rated coach, etc. Yes you can have two "A" teams but normally what happens is one gets a bit more talent or resources vs the other and becomes a higher priority eventually.

Yes, I heard similar numbers between 03 and 04 girls, more like 80/20. I also heard that the teams at this age group will have around 16-18 girls only.

Honestly, 4x per week isn't that much more than kids are doing anyway, and their game schedule actually look lighter than ECNL. It'll weed kids out I'm sure, but I don't know how much value there is in getting 13 year olds to commit to a single sport.
I find 4x a week frustrating. Practice is far for my family in regards to GDA. Plus my daughter does currently play a 2nd sport and loves it. Her coach advised that may be frowned upon if she makes a GDA team (she's 04).

4x a week can be a lot. But DA is trying to find players that will be playing on the National Team someday. Don't go into DA if you aren't fully committed to soccer.
There are plenty of options to play at a (relatively) high level and still play other sports.

I find 4x a week frustrating. Practice is far for my family in regards to GDA. Plus my daughter does currently play a 2nd sport and loves it. Her coach advised that may be frowned upon if she makes a GDA team (she's 04).
Then don't put her on a DA team now. Problem solved.

Back