DA and ECNL

Very quiet here with the U15 team beating Portugal 3-0.

It's stupid sh*t like that statement that keeps us old timers scratching our heads. You do realize that LA county has more people than the entire country of Portugal. Are we happy the US won? Yes! Is that an impressive result when you factor in population, infrastructure, and resources sunk into girls soccer in this country.

Only left with a daughter playing club now and the girls boards drive me crazy. At least on the boys side, after all those years, we knew the DA sucked. Only we didn't have any options other than Europe.

The DA needs to just come out with an official statement that only Girls Rostered on current DA teams are eligible to play for a USSF National Team. This will cause a push toward there program of the type of girls and parents they want . GDA is here for control of Elite Girls Soccer, And rightfully so. They have one thing on their agenda, Making Better National Teams. They should not focus on anything else, I'd go so far as to also put out a statement stating that they would prefer Athletes forgo playing Collage and focus on entering directly into the professional Women's leagues. Playing in Collage will only hinder their chances of playing for the National Teams. They don't need girls that are not good enough to go straight to the Pro's or able to make the top National Team's. They only need to produce what 5 girls each year that are capable of achieving this level.
GDA is not here to make the collage game better , or make sure girls get a good education or make sure parents are happy.They need to get serious and focus on what they need to do. They need to make more Mailory Pughs who do not waste their time with collage.
Leave all that nonsense for ECNL or Whoever wants to focus on that waste of time.

The DA needs to just come out with an official statement that only Girls Rostered on current DA teams are eligible to play for a USSF National Team. This will cause a push toward there program of the type of girls and parents they want . GDA is here for control of Elite Girls Soccer, And rightfully so. They have one thing on their agenda, Making Better National Teams. They should not focus on anything else, I'd go so far as to also put out a statement stating that they would prefer Athletes forgo playing Collage and focus on entering directly into the professional Women's leagues. Playing in Collage will only hinder their chances of playing for the National Teams. They don't need girls that are not good enough to go straight to the Pro's or able to make the top National Team's. They only need to produce what 5 girls each year that are capable of achieving this level.
GDA is not here to make the collage game better , or make sure girls get a good education or make sure parents are happy.They need to get serious and focus on what they need to do. They need to make more Mailory Pughs who do not waste their time with collage.
Leave all that nonsense for ECNL or Whoever wants to focus on that waste of time.

Nonsense.

The problem is that the National Team is made up of "women" over 22. Girls age out of the DA at 18/19. From that point forward its up to college and/or some semi-pro team to develop the talent. US Soccer throws bucks at the NWSL to keep it alive so their golden 30 have somewhere to play. From a pure investment standpoint. Its better to push all the girls to college and simply identify the top players after they graduate from the semi-pro ranks, which is what the ECNL was doing.

This makes a lot of sense.. Play DA, age out, get a job at McDonalds to hone your skills for a few years while you are waiting for your big break to come from the National Team. That's some Brilliant sh*t right there. I wish I would of gotten this advice sooner. As it is now, I have two wasting their time in college working on their BS (now I know why they call it BS, it's a waste of time) and one that really knows how to waste his time working on a post graduate degree. Oh well, I have one left and I won't make the same mistakes with her. In fact, I am going to cancel next weeks appointment with the admissions counselor from a school from her list. Wait a minute, if college is a waste of time for her, doesn't that mean this all this worrying about homework and grades is unnecessary since that would be a waste of time too? She should be using her study time for a 5th and 6th practice. Thanks Soccerminion. Now I know why you are soccerminion

It seems like you had a very bad experience. What club did your kid play for this last year so the rest of us can make informed decisions?
My comments are more global than just my DD's own experience this past year. I also don't come on this forum and trash any one particular club. It is not my job to tell parents where they should or shouldn't go nor that one particular club is bad. If I am having a personal conversation with people I know I am happy to share my experiences but not on a public forum with the vipers that are eager to attack and misconstrue statements. I am suggesting that the cheerleaders about DA or ECNL present factual and comprehensive information (pros and cons) so newbies can make an informed decision. When GDA was announced there a lot of promises and inferences about it and it led to a lot of changes for many players and after a year in action the GDA does not seem like the clear winning product.

It's stupid sh*t like that statement that keeps us old timers scratching our heads. You do realize that LA county has more people than the entire country of Portugal. Are we happy the US won? Yes! Is that an impressive result when you factor in population, infrastructure, and resources sunk into girls soccer in this country.

Only left with a daughter playing club now and the girls boards drive me crazy. At least on the boys side, after all those years, we knew the DA sucked. Only we didn't have any options other than Europe.

Maybe you got lice? I hear what your saying but my comment was directed out how people over react over one loss. It had nothing to do with the DA.

My comments are more global than just my DD's own experience this past year. I also don't come on this forum and trash any one particular club. It is not my job to tell parents where they should or shouldn't go nor that one particular club is bad. If I am having a personal conversation with people I know I am happy to share my experiences but not on a public forum with the vipers that are eager to attack and misconstrue statements. I am suggesting that the cheerleaders about DA or ECNL present factual and comprehensive information (pros and cons) so newbies can make an informed decision. When GDA was announced there a lot of promises and inferences about it and it led to a lot of changes for many players and after a year in action the GDA does not seem like the clear winning product.

or as coaches get sent prison for sexual crimes against minors and players don't want to play for a club that claimed ignorance

This makes a lot of sense.. Play DA, age out, get a job at McDonalds to hone your skills for a few years while you are waiting for your big break to come from the National Team. That's some Brilliant sh*t right there. I wish I would of gotten this advice sooner. As it is now, I have two wasting their time in college working on their BS (now I know why they call it BS, it's a waste of time) and one that really knows how to waste his time working on a post graduate degree. Oh well, I have one left and I won't make the same mistakes with her. In fact, I am going to cancel next weeks appointment with the admissions counselor from a school from her list. Wait a minute, if college is a waste of time for her, doesn't that mean this all this worrying about homework and grades is unnecessary since that would be a waste of time too? She should be using her study time for a 5th and 6th practice. Thanks Soccerminion. Now I know why you are soccerminion

I can’t agree more with you. The unfortunate reality of women’s soccer is that every one of kids are better off making sure their education comes first. Max NWSL salary is only $44k without a National team stipend.

Maybe you got lice? I hear what your saying but my comment was directed out how people over react over one loss. It had nothing to do with the DA.

@Simisoccerfan it wasn’t an over reaction, merely an observation. There is no way they should have lost to Portugal the first time. They picked great players and left the spectacular ones at home because they play ECNL. As I stated previously, when USSF is successful it’s because of the GDA, and when it’s not it’s because of all the bad Ecnl coaching from the previous year.

@SOCCERMINION is correct. Just come out it’s an official statement. Keep it real. Then people, IF possible, can plan accordingly.

@Simisoccerfan it wasn’t an over reaction, merely an observation. There is no way they should have lost to Portugal the first time. They picked great players and left the spectacular ones at home because they play ECNL. As I stated previously, when USSF is successful it’s because of the GDA, and when it’s not it’s because of all the bad Ecnl coaching from the previous year.

@SOCCERMINION is correct. Just come out it’s an official statement. Keep it real. Then people, IF possible, can plan accordingly.

I defer to your knowledge of the players since my dd is older and you know the players.

I think it would be silly for US Soccer to make that statement especially for the entry level teams.

I sense your sarcasm weaved throughout....

It’s absolutely silly all the way around. We agree.
You just cannot accept that the coaches picked other players over yours. It is that simple, and your bias understandable. It happens all the time, both that one's daughter is not picked and that some parents are disappointed. What is new in your case is the amount of bitching in a public forum, and your use of the DA/ECNL excuse. And to make it worse, your answer to the non-selection of your daughter is to disrespect the players that made the roster: "They picked great players and left the spectacular ones at home because they play ECNL" .
Since you have been bitching about US Soccer for the last few months, and knew how bad they were, why did you continue sending your player to the camps? Man up, be consistent with your opinion about US Soccer, an stop sending your daughter. And email the coach to let her know what you think about her. You won't do either.

I assume that you are being funny.

You just cannot accept that the coaches picked other players over yours. It is that simple, and your bias understandable. It happens all the time, both that one's daughter is not picked and that some parents are disappointed. What is new in your case is the amount of bitching in a public forum, and your use of the DA/ECNL excuse. And to make it worse, your answer to the non-selection of your daughter is to disrespect the players that made the roster: "They picked great players and left the spectacular ones at home because they play ECNL" .
Since you have been bitching about US Soccer for the last few months, and knew how bad they were, why did you continue sending your player to the camps? Man up, be consistent with your opinion about US Soccer, an stop sending your daughter. And email the coach to let her know what you think about her. You won't do either.

Not defending @shales1002 because she is doing fine by herself, however, with the results that US Soccer is achieving at all levels do you really think that they are picking the best players? On the U20 team there are players that don’t start on their college teams! The player with the most US youth national team experience on my player’s team comes off the bench! Have you been watching the U20 WWC? You wouldn’t be saying this if you were watching any of the European teams play. They have already passed us up!

Kids get the invite to camp the accept it. My player accepted an invite just to tell them she was hurt. US Soccer punished kids that skip invites unless they are confirmed injured. Lots of egos and nepotism. Do some digging of your own regarding the US Soccer staff on the women’s side and you will find some curious things. The 4 best US women’s coaches have cushy jobs at top universities and at least two of them have been offered the top job and don’t want it (one told me when I asked). Don’t make this about @shales1002. Her kid will be fine and hopefully will CHOOSE to be a legacy player wearing Blue and Gold! UCLA would be fortunate to have her!

That last part about emailing US Soccer was lame! I would love to give the establishment a piece of my mind but my kid asked me not to as they know that the federation is petty and would retaliate. Look at how Jaelene Hinkle is treated for having despicable views. She is the best US left back and should be on the team but they are too petty for that.

Back