CSL League Cup 2016 - Girls 2006

All league cup game results are posted including bracket winners and wildcards.
No fields for some games..

Sweet 16 set...I'll give predictions a try...

I think the four top teams in silver will win...

CCU SOCAL ACADEMY vs. IUSC MANCHESTER UNITED
EAGLES vs. LA GALAXY CV
FC GOLDEN STATE PDA vs FRAM NUNEZ BW
FRAM AGUINALDO vs OXNARD AC BLUE

More interesting games:

EMPIRE SC vs. VENTURA FC PREMIER, don't know these teams more guess based on teams played and ranking. Perhaps others will know more..

SOUTH VALLEY vs. LA PREMIER FC should be a good battle. Think the thunder have strength and depth to outlast LAPFC talent.

OXNARD PAL vs SELECT CITIES - PAL should have played in silver north, played tough in tournament play and strong in divisional play. Select cities improved immensely during the season, coached very well (tactically smart). Avalanche could win because they play tough defense and can slow high scoring teams down.

N.V.S.C. BREAKAWAY vs.VC FUSION YSA - I'll admit I don't know much about fusion, but they can score and they may be able to frustrate Breakaway.

Sweet 16 set...I'll give predictions a try...

I think the four top teams in silver will win...

CCU SOCAL ACADEMY vs. IUSC MANCHESTER UNITED
EAGLES vs. LA GALAXY CV
FC GOLDEN STATE PDA vs FRAM NUNEZ BW
FRAM AGUINALDO vs OXNARD AC BLUE

More interesting games:

EMPIRE SC vs. VENTURA FC PREMIER, don't know these teams more guess based on teams played and ranking. Perhaps others will know more..

SOUTH VALLEY vs. LA PREMIER FC should be a good battle. Think the thunder have strength and depth to outlast LAPFC talent.

OXNARD PAL vs SELECT CITIES - PAL should have played in silver north, played tough in tournament play and strong in divisional play. Select cities improved immensely during the season, coached very well (tactically smart). Avalanche could win because they play tough defense and can slow high scoring teams down.

N.V.S.C. BREAKAWAY vs.VC FUSION YSA - I'll admit I don't know much about fusion, but they can score and they may be able to frustrate Breakaway.

Don't know fusion, but I think breakaway play with skill, aggression and heart. I'd go breakaway.

Overall I have only seen about half the remaining teams, but I agree with your pics other than that one breakaway pick.

Sweet Sixteen results
Socal Academy 2 Manchester United 0
Empire 1 Ventura Premier 0
South Valley 3 LAFC 0
Interesting result between SouthﹰValley and ﹰﹰLAFC thought game will be much closer..
From the other results it seems teams were evenly match.

Interesting result between SouthﹰValley and ﹰﹰLAFC thought game will be much closer..
From the other results it seems teams were evenly match.
I didn't want to say anything in my prediction, but I'm pretty sure LAPFC was playing with only nine players or a girl down the entire game...South Valley is a big strong team with several subs...a 3-0 score is pretty respectable for LAPFC considering.

Man U played well against SoCal and have a good keeper, but SoCal was on their side most of the game. I hope the girls don't have to play on the I.E. Surf short fields anymore...keepers could kick to one another and there's no room for this age to move around and pass.

Oh wow small fields do sure change the whole dynamics of the game..I hope the fields in San bernadino complex are much bigger.

Since I'm on a roll with predictions, here's my thoughts for next two rounds as discussion points...

Quarter-Finals:

SoCal Academy vs Fusion YSA – SoCal Academy

South Valley vs Eagles – Eagles

FC Golden State vs FRAM – this is toughest one…I’ll go with FRAM

Empire vs Oxnard PAL – Oxnard PAL

Semi-Finals

SoCal Academy vs Oxnard PAL – SoCal Academy

Eagles vs FRAM – Eagles (should be great game)

How were today's games??
It seems Empire dark horse
Socal Academy Favorite to win it all
Eagles and Fram are the semifinalist congrats!!!

Today was an interesting final day. The semi-finals were very tough and tight. Understand how empire progressed, hard nosed, defensive team that I'm sure intimidates many teams. FRAM survived a gauntlet against two very good teams: FCGS and eagles. In the end, SoCal was able to play their game to a 4-1 win in the finals against a very good FRAM...

Back