Crown City Classic Tournament safety issue?

Thank you. The issue will be resolved.

My concern was with the referees, which you should know VERY seriously could impact future attendance. I heard form many coaches that said they will not return. You were done a disservice. I hope you didn't pay full freight for referees for your tournament (but in which case you should have told the teams...)

That is how it was when my daughter played eight years ago. It doesn't sound like much has changed. There was an extremely overweight center referee that handed out yellow ref jerseys and badges from previous years to the high school age ARs. One dad overheard the CR tell the ARs to just raise the flag when the ball went over the line. I could not understand what was said because the instruction was in Spanish. It may be better this weekend since I saw this morning that one of the San Diego ref associations sent out a call for refs for Crown City. There are three tournaments in San Diego this weekend; Surf Cup youngers, Crown City girls and Tournament of Champions.
Bad memories! Thing is that Coronado has one of the best field locations in the entire region and haven't figured out that they need quality refs. I remember when they got those horrible referees during state cup at the cays.

Not a big fan of DOC Manny. He is weak poaching players and sometimes teams from the South Bay to bolster the local kids that he never developed.
How does Nado poaches??? There is only one club that poaches from the south bay and the east county...

quick and easy fix is too used liquid nails or some sort of adhesive right after you drive those metal stakes into the ground. Liquid nails is like 5 dollars a tube and you just squirt a nice glob into the caps and place on top of rebar. Sounds like it wont happen again, obviously they just made a mistake and they'll correct it...

Bad memories! Thing is that Coronado has one of the best field locations in the entire region and haven't figured out that they need quality refs. I remember when they got those horrible referees during state cup at the cays.

Coronado has no control over the refs for State/National Cup. State/National Cup referees get assigned through Cal South. Cal South gives the referee associations an allotted number of fields to cover at a venue and the ref association fills the quotas. I worked State Cup youngers one weekend at the Cays this past year and there were refs from both of the main ref associations in San Diego and refs from OC and Temecula. Many of them were the same refs I saw working the State Cup olders at Oceanside a couple months later. Maybe you just got a ref that was having an off day.

Coronado has no control over the refs for State/National Cup. State/National Cup referees get assigned through Cal South. Cal South gives the referee associations an allotted number of fields to cover at a venue and the ref association fills the quotas. I worked State Cup youngers one weekend at the Cays this past year and there were refs from both of the main ref associations in San Diego and refs from OC and Temecula. Many of them were the same refs I saw working the State Cup olders at Oceanside a couple months later. Maybe you just got a ref that was having an off day.
The refs I got many years back at the Cays were the same tools from the south SD. I think we had a good convo about this in the old forum. But by now specially since KM is no longer running the CCC, I would think that STS would try to get better refs.

Back