Cornejo Valley vs Oc

javiecua03

BRONZE
So this was interesting today I came across a post for la galaxy cornejo valley on soccer board. Someone attack the post by saying “ they are no longer affiliated with them should change to their real name Liverpool international whatever “ so what did cornejo valley do right compared to OC. Because apparently OC stated that la galaxy didn’t want to renew their affiliated contract ? But cornejo valley apparently did something right to end up keeping the brand

So this was interesting today I came across a post for la galaxy cornejo valley on soccer board. Someone attack the post by saying “ they are no longer affiliated with them should change to their real name Liverpool international whatever “ so what did cornejo valley do right compared to OC. Because apparently OC stated that la galaxy didn’t want to renew their affiliated contract ? But cornejo valley apparently did something right to end up keeping the brand

Which "soccer board"?

La Galaxy pulled out of all of youth soccer. That contract expires May 31st for all the clubs. LA Galaxy Conejo Valley is going back to Conejo Valley United. Been around for 40+ years. That becomes official for all the LA Galaxy clubs this summer. OC is just using their new affiliation early.

Another soccer board? Where, I didn;t know we had another one. Please share, TY :)

I think they are referring to the soccer announcements bulletin board on facebook. It's not another forum.

The complaint against the Conejo Valley Galaxy is that they are losing their affiliate title so as others have stated will be playing under Conejo Valley United next season. But unlike some of the other former galaxy affiliates, they are still advertising using the Galaxy name since they still have the rights to it into the summer. The criticism is, since they are advertising tryouts, that it is misleading to prospective parents, who might be attracted to the Galaxy affiliation or who might have taken an interest now that Chicharito is on the team. They are advertising tryouts for teams that will play under a different name come fall season. What's worse is this club has been traditionally based out of the Thousand Oaks but is advertising now in the West San Fernando Valley, so it's stepping on some other clubs' toes. Also, the new teams seem to be set up independently of some of the existing teams, and the advertising isn't clear on that point (arguably joining a new team which may or may not have enough players in the fall season being different than joining an existing an established team). There's also been some drama at that particular club, with a few teams exploding shortly before State Cup....don't have the full story but there's been some instability in some teams, at least on the boys side.

I think they are referring to the soccer announcements bulletin board on facebook. It's not another forum.

The complaint against the Conejo Valley Galaxy is that they are losing their affiliate title so as others have stated will be playing under Conejo Valley United next season. But unlike some of the other former galaxy affiliates, they are still advertising using the Galaxy name since they still have the rights to it into the summer. The criticism is, since they are advertising tryouts, that it is misleading to prospective parents, who might be attracted to the Galaxy affiliation or who might have taken an interest now that Chicharito is on the team. They are advertising tryouts for teams that will play under a different name come fall season. What's worse is this club has been traditionally based out of the Thousand Oaks but is advertising now in the West San Fernando Valley, so it's stepping on some other clubs' toes. Also, the new teams seem to be set up independently of some of the existing teams, and the advertising isn't clear on that point (arguably joining a new team which may or may not have enough players in the fall season being different than joining an existing an established team). There's also been some drama at that particular club, with a few teams exploding shortly before State Cup....don't have the full story but there's been some instability in some teams, at least on the boys side.

This is a case of fake drama. Everyone know this club as CVU. It doesn't matter how the advertise. Every year teams explode from this club. The reason is that smaller clubs like CVU, Simi Valley Eclipse, Moorpark Express, Oxnard Wave, Ventura FC, etc. all feed teams and players to the Eagles and Real SoCal. This has been happening for over 20 years. All of these clubs play in the same sandbox so it is no big deal that CVU is trying to form teams in the SF. All of these clubs do the same thing.

This is a case of fake drama. Everyone know this club as CVU. It doesn't matter how the advertise. Every year teams explode from this club. The reason is that smaller clubs like CVU, Simi Valley Eclipse, Moorpark Express, Oxnard Wave, Ventura FC, etc. all feed teams and players to the Eagles and Real SoCal. This has been happening for over 20 years. All of these clubs play in the same sandbox so it is no big deal that CVU is trying to form teams in the SF. All of these clubs do the same thing.

I don't really have a position on whether this is o.k. to do, and it's not like the Valley teams "own" that area and others can't come in and compete.

But, I would ask if everyone knows them as CVU, and it doesn't really matter how they advertise, why wouldn't they just advertise under the CVU name....the other Galaxy affiliates have changed, so if it doesn't matter why not change as well?

They advertise this way to draw suckers like me who watch MLS on espn highlights and think MLS and EPL is one pro soccer league. So when little Jon Jon who has been sitting around playing video games all week and then says, "Hey dad, I think it's time I start taking soccer more serious because my A SO soccer says I have potential. Dad is fired up because instead of his son killing people in his video games, he can now go play real games outside with his buddy and that is good. Dad goes to google and types in, " club soccer Conejo Valley"

1582570684636.png

I don't really have a position on whether this is o.k. to do, and it's not like the Valley teams "own" that area and others can't come in and compete.

But, I would ask if everyone knows them as CVU, and it doesn't really matter how they advertise, why wouldn't they just advertise under the CVU name....the other Galaxy affiliates have changed, so if it doesn't matter why not change as well?
It does matter how one advertises Grace. Trust me in that. They should talk with their SEO and website guy and get that fixed asap. Plus their #1 on google rankings as LA Galaxy.

They are a relatively modest sized club and not run by a team of professionals. Just people with day jobs that are running a community based club. I seriously doubt there is any attempt at false advertising. More likely their volunteer web guy has just not gotten the time to change things.

They are a relatively modest sized club and not run by a team of professionals. Just people with day jobs that are running a community based club. I seriously doubt there is any attempt at false advertising. More likely their volunteer web guy has just not gotten the time to change things.
Not illegal by any stretch and Google has enough problems to deal with. Its the dad that thinks it's MLS. Hook to come in. As long as their saying were no more and I no have reason to doubt it. After June like someone said it will be United.

The valley branch started about 22 months ago with 2 teams. They will be up to about 15 this year is less than 2 years. Someone is doing something right.

This is true! Not sure why CVU hasnt announced anything yet.

Back