Coaches Gift

cuz it's a nice thing to do? I give my boss a christmas gift too and they're paid even more to put up with my bullshit.

Why should the coach that you are PAYING to coach your kids get a gift?
Are you also against giving gifts to your kids' teachers? Do you not know that most companies give gifts to their employees from time to time? Soccer coaches don't get paid much and (the good ones) spend a whole lot of time prepping, training and getting their licences. We've never been on a team that didn't get gifts to the coaches at the end of the season or Xmas.

If you really think you should buy someone a gift, then get a nice gift for the team manager that does not get paid. Most team managers work really hard and put in a lot of hours.
Did you miss the fact that the question was asked by... a team manager?

Why should the coach that you are PAYING to coach your kids get a gift? If you really think you should buy someone a gift, then get a nice gift for the team manager that does not get paid. Most team managers work really hard and put in a lot of hours.
We have been fortunate enough over the years to have some great coaches that we have been happy to contribute to the fund to buy a gift. Surfref makes a good point however. The team manager/management does a lot of work, especially for higher level teams. If the team has an accountant, they do even more work (collect money, purchase plane tickets, arrange hotel reservations, feed the team while traveling). Those are the people that really deserve a gift.

We have been fortunate enough over the years to have some great coaches that we have been happy to contribute to the fund to buy a gift. Surfref makes a good point however. The team manager/management does a lot of work, especially for higher level teams. If the team has an accountant, they do even more work (collect money, purchase plane tickets, arrange hotel reservations, feed the team while traveling). Those are the people that really deserve a gift.
As a coach, I greatly appreciate the gift from the parents. It means a lot to me no matter what it is. I seem to get a lot of southwest gift cards with a kid at Boise State and a kid at Sonoma State. :) As for the managers, you are 100% correct. I think their job is worse than mine, unless the manager is one of those pot stirrers. That said, I can't remember a time where the team didn't get the manager a gift as well, and I always make sure to get my manager something in appreciation for all that they do.

As a coach, I greatly appreciate the gift from the parents. It means a lot to me no matter what it is. I seem to get a lot of southwest gift cards with a kid at Boise State and a kid at Sonoma State. :) As for the managers, you are 100% correct. I think their job is worse than mine, unless the manager is one of those pot stirrers. That said, I can't remember a time where the team didn't get the manager a gift as well, and I always make sure to get my manager something in appreciation for all that they do.

How many more minutes does a kid get on the field per flight? Does it matter if it's one way ticket or round trip?

Just checking. Some coaches seem to play gift game quite well with the parents and their shit stinks.

How many more minutes does a kid get on the field per flight? Does it matter if it's one way ticket or round trip?

Just checking. Some coaches seem to play gift game quite well with the parents and their shit stinks.
Silly question. First, it is a team gift. Each pitch in $20 and I get a $200 gift card for southwest. They aren't buying me tickets, don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch my friend.

Silly question. First, it is a team gift. Each pitch in $20 and I get a $200 gift card for southwest. They aren't buying me tickets, don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch my friend.
Why is that a silly question coach? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but for some of us, if we all had 10 apples, 7 are bad imho. The problem too is these bad apples look very shinny on the outside. It's not until you bite into the apple do you find the worm. When accepting "gifts" as a coach you're opening all sorts of doors if you know what I mean. So it's my policy not to even accept a baked pie made by one of the moms. Remember Shawshank and the Warden? Too much Apple Pie being made with rotten apples is very dangerous and could cause the whole team to get sick and have diarrhea for a week. You seem cool though and I'm not saying I wouldn't be tempted to accept whatever extra benefits I could get.

Why is that a silly question coach? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but for some of us, if we all had 10 apples, 7 are bad imho. The problem too is these bad apples look very shinny on the outside. It's not until you bite into the apple do you find the worm. When accepting "gifts" as a coach you're opening all sorts of doors if you know what I mean. So it's my policy not to even accept a baked pie made by one of the moms. Remember Shawshank and the Warden? Too much Apple Pie being made with rotten apples is very dangerous and could cause the whole team to get sick and have diarrhea for a week. You seem cool though and I'm not saying I wouldn't be tempted to accept whatever extra benefits I could get.
But it isn't from a mom. It is from all of the families. I can see if one person did that but in this case it is a team gift from the team. Not sure what door I am opening with that, I coach just the little ones and they all play a lot.

But it isn't from a mom. It is from all of the families. I can see if one person did that but in this case it is a team gift from the team. Not sure what door I am opening with that, I coach just the little ones and they all play a lot.
So no DA team? Sorry, I get a little a head of myself and know a few coaches that will never to take a gift. Nothing wrong either way, up to the coach :)

So no DA team? Sorry, I get a little a head of myself and know a few coaches that will never to take a gift. Nothing wrong either way, up to the coach :)
No, I don't have the time or desire to coach that crap any more. I prefer teaching the little ones the game. I have to admit, I do get cupcakes, bracelets, buttons, cards, and many other hand made items that I gladly accept. They still play the same but those things mean the world to me. I am just weird that way.

Back