Coach Movement and 2018 Assignments

What would like Albion to have done. They fired him, so that's a good thing. Send out an email explaining why they fired him? I would think so but there may be some legal reasons why thay can't. What did the club say when you provided them with the text?
Hey @Fact ... why the dumb rating? You think the coach should have stayed?

I have now heard about this same type of story from several families in the past 60 days. First everyone wants TS to pay for his actions and be punished for mentally and physically abusing children! Secondly the exact same goes for Albion Sc, they are also now guilty of abusing the children by simply ignoring the problem that one of their employees caused under their watch! Allowing these poor kids to live with the abuse is wrong and the fact that NOAH GINS THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR along with Wayne Crowe, Director of Soccer and last but not least on the BIG SHOTS list Mr Big John McKaveney, Director of Operations have all ignored sending out a club wide email warning the parents of the abuse that one of their employees has been doing to young ladies over the past several years. They are ALL obligated to contact every family that has had Mr Tony Scary as a coach since his employment at Albion SC!
If Albion SC has the best interest of the children and families at heart you would think they would set up a sexual assault counselor for the children to talk to. It is time for Albion Sc to step up and take care of the children that were abused by their employee!

Yes we have proof from several kids (these are all college). Albion has already fired the guy and yes I have notified police but it is difficult as my daughter is not located in CA now and is really not looking to relive these texts and the disgust they brought. These are not accusations they are FACTS. The parents of the 2 other college girls that I know are also outraged by the inaction of Albion and we are considering our options. The girls have mentioned that a couple others in college also were getting these messages so this guy was super busy looking for teenage girls to send creeper texts too.

I'm surprised Albion even hired him. His past accusations aren't hidden, many people around knew about it. I wonder if they do any kind of background checks on their incoming coaches?

It is possible that there is an on-going investigation and the investigators or lawyers have asked Albion to keep quiet for now. It would not surprise me if this is not the case, but it is possible.

It is possible that there is an on-going investigation and the investigators or lawyers have asked Albion to keep quiet for now. It would not surprise me if this is not the case, but it is possible.
Wrong. All Albion had to do is send families an email that their children might be receiving inappropriate texts from a coach. Or how about giving a call to each family. We were part of a club that had a very minimal issue (not sexual or safety but rather racial) and we got a call ASAP from the director to make sure we did not have concerns.

The man could have hurt more girls. It's not funny. If you think that just firing someone while a girl could potentially be holding onto this secret out of shame or fear, you are either a monster or tone deaf.
I agree. But without knowing what's going on behind the scene it is difficult to point a finger.

Yes we have proof from several kids (these are all college). Albion has already fired the guy and yes I have notified police but it is difficult as my daughter is not located in CA now and is really not looking to relive these texts and the disgust they brought. These are not accusations they are FACTS. The parents of the 2 other college girls that I know are also outraged by the inaction of Albion and we are considering our options. The girls have mentioned that a couple others in college also were getting these messages so this guy was super busy looking for teenage girls to send creeper texts too.
No offense as I can appreciate your DD not wanting to revisit this situation, but here we are bashing Albion for no action when no one else with the ability to take action and protect others from this alleged creep is taking action either. Please tell me someone is doing more than just posting on a forum.

This needs to also be sent to US Soccer due to the affiliation with the DA. Families have not been told about this and he had contact with 8-12 grade girls. You do not know what he did or how he may have been grooming them.
This needs to be addressed.
Thank you for alerting families

Below is a link to the application to be part of USSDA, I find it interesting that they do not ask a single question about club by laws, hiring standards, or club policy. They appear more interested in what license your coaches have, what your practice facilities look like and what players have you produced. They don't give a crap about the kids. If they did, both Eagles and Albion would be removed from the DA (if the coaches in question are found guilty).

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/bfue4frh9q2dhlq7fx9snhqdsj71yfw2/file/240609263008

You minimize what transpired. True there might be legal reasons they did not do anything, namely protecting themselves while ignoring what might have been a dangerous issue for the girls.

The man was with 8-12 graders less than two months ago and often alone. The fact that any of you even remotely do not think that people on any of he teams he was with should be spoken to is mind blowing.
Grooming- it's a thing. All of those youngers need to be talked to by their parents.

I'm surprised Albion even hired him. His past accusations aren't hidden, many people around knew about it. I wonder if they do any kind of background checks on their incoming coaches?
I had no idea of his past accusations and made the error of assuming Albion would be vetting coaches as they do managers. I remember our manager being pissed because she had to pay 50 bucks for fingerprints so I figured coaches were checked too. Bottom line is that I “assumed”....I screwed up and it scares me to death what could have happened.

This would be the ONLY acceptable reason and even then, HOW do we know who he was texting other than the girls that have come forward? I trusted Albion. I “released” my player to the club as they preach. I allowed my daughter to champion her own process during college recruitment which meant her texting and speaking on the phone with TS, college guidance director of Albion. I don’t blame Albion for the actions of a sick twisted pervert. However, I am outraged the most by the lack of communication from the club. A club wide email discussing the release of the coach, reviewing the text policy and asking parents to be vigilant should have gone out and still should. Parents have the right to know and I would really appreciate that communication as a paying customer. I can’t comment on what they knew about 17 years ago. I will comment on the terrible job of damage control they are trying to pull however and if your child was involved you would be hot under the collar too pal, believe it.

Pervsmasher,

Thank you for bringing some substance to this discussion. I am a bit hot under the collar, and it was not my kid. I wonder if we could post a picture of Mr. Sheri on the forum so everyone knows who to beat the *#%$ out of, strike that, I mean look out for.

I agree. But without knowing what's going on behind the scene it is difficult to point a finger.

I do know what’s going on. A perv who was targeting my kid (although she is now 18) and is now who knows where. That is a concern for me. Where is this guy? Who knows what he may be capable of. I think Albion would have looked much better by getting out in front and dealing head on with this. Instead it’s quietly fire the guy and hope it stays under the rug. Dissapointing.

I had no idea of his past accusations and made the error of assuming Albion would be vetting coaches as they do managers. I remember our manager being pissed because she had to pay 50 bucks for fingerprints so I figured coaches were checked too. Bottom line is that I “assumed”....I screwed up and it scares me to death what could have happened.

All coaches should be fingerprinted. However, that is only going to show past arrests where the person was fingerprinted. There are many more ways to investigate someone's background via open sources online. If others in San Diego soccer knew about his past, then Albion should have also.

Back