Climate and Weather

MAY 24, 2019
Didn't China sign the Paris Climate Accords?
By Silvio Canto, Jr.
As we speak, President Trump is negotiating a trade deal with China.

I hope that he's reminding China why the U.S. pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords. President Trump was right when he said that the agreement had no enforcement mechanism against countries like China.

This is the latest about China and their "commitment" to environmental concerns:

Chinese factories are pumping tons of dangerous chemicals into the air despite an international agreement intended to halt the destruction of the ozone layer, a study released on Wednesday said.

Two provinces in China have been cited as a source of a spike in emissions of a globally banned chemical chlorofluorocarbon, according to the study, published in the journal Nature.

“This is a huge problem,” a State Department official told the Washington Post. “If it’s a problem in another country, we’re also going to be suffering.”

I'm sure that it impacts other countries but does China care? I don't think so, and that's precisely why the Paris Accords are flawed. You can't sign accords that carry no enforcement mechanism. Otherwise, the U.S. will respect it and China won't, as we see in this report.

Am I surprised that China could care less about the environment or agreements? I am not. I just hope that Americans now understand why we must stand up to China at this time.

Do you know what percentage of a gallon of gas ends up on the bottom line of big oil vs. the state and local government?
It is funny how you have this habit of asking specific questions you already have, what you believe to be, the answer to. Well at least the answer someone gave you to believe. Instead of just telling what you think . . . nothing like a little set up, eh?

It is funny how you have this habit of asking specific questions you already have, what you believe to be, the answer to. Well at least the answer someone gave you to believe. Instead of just telling what you think . . . nothing like a little set up, eh?

I think I would shit my shorts if he cited a number from a legitimate source with a working URL link.

California and gasoline prices....

The missing billions spent on gasoline in California each year

California drivers already pay more for gasoline than motorists in just about every other state.

But even after taking into account state gas taxes, blending requirements aimed at reducing air pollution and other environmental and climate fees attached to each gallon of fuel, it appears drivers in the Golden State pay a lot more than they should.

UC Berkeley professor Severin Borenstein calls the price differential “California’s mystery gasoline surcharge” that roughly translates into a premium of 20 to 30 cents on every gallon pumped in the state.

And that’s not chump change when one considers Californians consume 40 million gallons a day. Multiply that over an entire year and Borenstein says that comes to between $3 billion to $4 billion that is unaccounted.

And here’s the kicker: A state committee that looked into the price discrepancy and turned in its report to the California Energy Commission last fall did not come up with a firm explanation.

“I don’t know why it is,” said Borenstein, who was the chairman of the Petroleum Market Advisory Committee, which was made up of five members from the public and private sectors.

Theories range from suspicions about gasoline refiners and marketers to criticisms that the state’s regulatory burdens have made California unfriendly to business but Borenstein says they are just that — theories.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...sd-fi-california-gasoline-20180402-story.html

California and gasoline prices....

The missing billions spent on gasoline in California each year

California drivers already pay more for gasoline than motorists in just about every other state.

But even after taking into account state gas taxes, blending requirements aimed at reducing air pollution and other environmental and climate fees attached to each gallon of fuel, it appears drivers in the Golden State pay a lot more than they should.

UC Berkeley professor Severin Borenstein calls the price differential “California’s mystery gasoline surcharge” that roughly translates into a premium of 20 to 30 cents on every gallon pumped in the state.

And that’s not chump change when one considers Californians consume 40 million gallons a day. Multiply that over an entire year and Borenstein says that comes to between $3 billion to $4 billion that is unaccounted.

And here’s the kicker: A state committee that looked into the price discrepancy and turned in its report to the California Energy Commission last fall did not come up with a firm explanation.

“I don’t know why it is,” said Borenstein, who was the chairman of the Petroleum Market Advisory Committee, which was made up of five members from the public and private sectors.

Theories range from suspicions about gasoline refiners and marketers to criticisms that the state’s regulatory burdens have made California unfriendly to business but Borenstein says they are just that — theories.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...sd-fi-california-gasoline-20180402-story.html
Move, I'm sure your neighbors would appreciate that.

Move, I'm sure your neighbors would appreciate that.
You obviously didn't read the article or just as likely you didn't comprehend the article...Either way shut the fuck up pinhead.
As far as my immediate neighbors are concerned, I've done home improvements for many of them and we talk often as most have been in this neighborhood as long or longer than me.
Having lived in Camarillo since 1961, I am well connected, well liked and admired. I will admit I don't get along well with ignorant assholes like you.
Fortunately there are few like that in these parts.
Stop in sometime, I'll introduce you to the mayor and the VC Sheriff too...
You enjoy your long weekend Daffy, you ignorant wanker.

You obviously didn't read the article or just as likely you didn't comprehend the article...Either way shut the fuck up pinhead.
As far as my immediate neighbors are concerned, I've done home improvements for many of them and we talk often as most have been in this neighborhood as long or longer than me.
Having lived in Camarillo since 1961, I am well connected, well liked and admired. I will admit I don't get along well with ignorant assholes like you.
Fortunately there are few like that in these parts.
Stop in sometime, I'll introduce you to the mayor and the VC Sheriff too...
You enjoy your long weekend Daffy, you ignorant wanker.
Jeez Louise settle down, you are such the grumpy little old lady. Quit complaining and run for office or something you useless twit.

Back