Climate and Weather

In the May 2000 issue of Reason Magazine, award-winning science correspondent Ronald Bailey wrote an excellent article titled “Earth Day, Then and Now” to provide some historical perspective on the 30th anniversary of Earth Day. In that article, Bailey noted that around the time of the first Earth Day, and in the years following, there was a “torrent of apocalyptic predictions” and many of those predictions were featured in his Reason article. Well, it’s now the 46th anniversary of Earth Day, and a good time to ask the question again that Bailey asked 16 years ago: How accurate were the predictions made around the time of the first Earth Day in 1970? The answer: “The prophets of doom were not simply wrong, but spectacularly wrong,” according to Bailey. Here are 18 examples of the spectacularly wrong predictions made around 1970 when the “green holy day” (aka Earth Day) started:

1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

Yes. We all consume fossil fuels. You people just deny that you do.
Who denies that they use fossil fuels? One of my houses, however, puts energy back into the grid because my solar system generates more energy than I use. I just meant that when you numbskulls give up denying science and stop being snookered by your energy-company-funded anti-science propaganda, then we will be together in fighting climate change.

Who denies that they use fossil fuels? One of my houses, however, puts energy back into the grid because my solar system generates more energy than I use. I just meant that when you numbskulls give up denying science and stop being snookered by your energy-company-funded anti-science propaganda, then we will be together in fighting climate change.

This is the backwards ass thinking of a Liberal.....You won't see a return on investment because of the initial
expenditures. Let alone when SCE limits the return on the line. That's when you are screwed. Fossil Fuel is
soooo much cheaper at the present time to use. And the return of electricity to the Grid will NEVER offset
the out of state coal fired plants that supplement California's Electrical Grid. It a Tree Hugger Fantasy you
have crawled in bed with.

Denies it? Is that what you are hung up on? Who denies it? You choose the most indefensible of positions yet continue to attempt to hold that ground hell or high water, bully for you!

You cannot even begin to support the Premise put forth by the LIARS, let alone try and defend it.
Maybe you might have more credibility if you took the time to explain your position and use data
to support the False Premise. At least try to look semi intelligent.

Saving money is good.
Conserving resources is good.
The idea of "fighting climate change" is laughable.

Back