City Heights soccer, what are your thoughts?

NumberTen

SILVER ELITE
We have playing in City heights for the last four years. I enjoy watching and my son likes playing. It has definitely made him stronger and a tougher player. I will admit that the soccer can be a lot rougher and its all about winning. Couple that with the development he gets at club, and it makes him smarter and tougher.

It is a youth soccer league that has been described as a Mexican League. It is somewhere between a rec league and a competitive club. Half of the older kids all play on club teams and the olders have very good competition. They have between 8 and 14 teams per age group. They group two years together and girls can be one year older. Friday is 6v6, Saturday and Sunday is 11v11, Monday is open adualt and so on. The main communication is their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/CHYSL/. You really can't beat the cost, for about $100, a kid can play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday year round.

I have refereed that league a couple times. Good competition at the older ages. They get some good refs for those older boys games. The three refs on the Facebook page are all top tier refs that work DA, college and the semi-pro leagues.

It is co-ed and the girls can play down one year. I think that they may have an all female league on Wednesday or Thursday.

Back