CDA Slammers Whittier FC

I'm interested in the phrase "which they were paid fairly for" in the original post. Were they being paid just for the brand name, without performing anything meaningful like coaching players to developing coaches in a consistent style? Who was paid - the Camargos directly or the CDA Slammers non-profit corporation? Did the Whittier (and other) CDA branches file separate IRS returns? Were the coaches of the Whittier (and other) branches paid out of funds collected through the players on their teams, or through the home non-profit?

Somewhat relevant thread from 2016

Not sure how you got that from my post when it was written the complete opposite of what you responded.

Because you’re making the argument misogynists make when women have been systematically excluded from a profession. Claiming you’re only interested in competence allows you to absolve yourself of responsibility for the problem and the need for change. It also allows you to rationalize why you don’t care about solutions to the problem. It further presumes you know the appropriate standard for competence, when that is impossible to know any time an entire gender has been largely excluded from a field. It was impossible to know the appropriate standard for “competence” in MLB until long after the Dodgers signed Jackie Robinson, for example, and MLB was only excluding about 10% of the population.

Oh, and the manner in which you jumped on someone for posting something non-controversial about gender equality was a dead give away. The fact that you are trying to change the subject from gender equality to “competence” makes things pretty obvious, even if you don’t understand that.

Carry on with the denial.

None of this should be a surprise, its club soccer and its the Camargo's

Lots of shell games, limited liability corp, hiding, "sneaky" accounting and financing going on with youth soccer, abuse of non-profit statutes, etc but audits are few and fair between and they get away with stuff that a normal business don't. Don't ask don't tell is normally what you get.

Parents take control, ask for a full accounting of your fees. You can always hire you own coach, rent some fields, pay a small club fee for insurance and you can run the show without the "middle" people or directors if there not adding value but collecting a pay day.

Because you’re making the argument misogynists make when women have been systematically excluded from a profession. Claiming you’re only interested in competence allows you to absolve yourself of responsibility for the problem and the need for change. It also allows you to rationalize why you don’t care about solutions to the problem. It further presumes you know the appropriate standard for competence, when that is impossible to know any time an entire gender has been largely excluded from a field. It was impossible to know the appropriate standard for “competence” in MLB until long after the Dodgers signed Jackie Robinson, for example, and MLB was only excluding about 10% of the population.

Oh, and the manner in which you jumped on someone for posting something non-controversial about gender equality was a dead give away. The fact that you are trying to change the subject from gender equality to “competence” makes things pretty obvious, even if you don’t understand that.

Carry on with the denial.
OK, Thank you SJ warrior for setting me straight. I will now go live a better life.

OK, Thank you SJ warrior for setting me straight. I will now go live a better life.

Don’t fret, I fully understand it is too much to ask that someone who considers social justice to be an inferior personality trait will change their point of view.

Don’t fret, I fully understand it is too much to ask that someone who considers social justice to be an inferior personality trait will change their point of view.
Again thank you SJ Warrior. I have learned my lesson and you can now move on to your next cause.. I’m sure the choices for outrage are limitless.

I think it’s very important for me, Tessa Troglia, to have the opportunity to share with my families, friends, and coaches the details of me “leaving” CDA Slammers FC Whittier.

EDITED: If anyone would like to hear Mrs. Troglia's interaction with CDA Slammers please message her. As for the rest below it is public information.

Dominic
Can you please edit this, and direct them to my Facebook Page. I would appreciate it. Thank you!

So Dominic deleted this but now it's ok because it is a copy of a FB page?

<...waiting to see how this turns out...>

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please edit this, and direct them to my Facebook Page. I would appreciate it. Thank you!

@Troglia7, the problem with your post is that is does two things:

1. Exposes @Dominic to letters from lawyers and bad will from members of the community, including potential advertisers as a result of certain statements you made that arguably impugn the character of certain individuals with the labels "greedy" and "evil." These statements would arguably be "libel per se," which are any defamatory statements that are libelous on their face. Civ. Code § 45 defines libel as “a false and unprivileged publication by writing, printing, picture, effigy, or other fixed representation to the eye, which exposes any person to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or obloquy, or which causes him to be shunned or avoided, or which has a tendency to injure him in his occupation.

Your statements that they are greedy and evil are pushing the envelope. If you want to get your story out, then your better tactic would be to not use the terms "evil" and "greedy." Simply state the facts as you understand those facts, state what law or agreement was broken and omit commentary regarding character.

2. It arguably constitutes a violation of the "Terms and Rule", which provide in relevant part:

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct."

We
@Troglia7, the problem with your post is that is does two things:

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct."

We, definitely dont want this site down or put Dom in an unintended legal consequence. I agree that you should take it down. The rest of the members can talk about the post on Facebook and debate on this topic. All I gotta say is that it takes two to tango. This club organization is just responding to market demands. If parents are truly upset that the prices are too high, leave to another club.

Back