Calll iit like I see it

Gotta say that I was actually happy to hear some of the things Gov Newsome had to say. Killing off the train was smart. Saying that he wants a shorter version of it, Bakersfield to Merced, not so good. I get he doesn't want to send the money back to the Feds but wouldn't it be better spent on some other pressing issues? How about building more reservoirs or jails?

Gotta say that I was actually happy to hear some of the things Gov Newsome had to say. Killing off the train was smart. Saying that he wants a shorter version of it, Bakersfield to Merced, not so good. I get he doesn't want to send the money back to the Feds but wouldn't it be better spent on some other pressing issues? How about building more reservoirs or jails?
Maybe take care of some of the homeless as well.

Bakersfield to Merced is the straightest, flattest stretch in the whole plan. The Supertrain will be able to set new speed records, and train-freak tourist round trip tickets will mean the thing will run at a profit (Californians actually needing to travel between those points will get a discount if they buy an Amtrak ticket or city transit pass at either end).

Bakersfield to Merced is the straightest, flattest stretch in the whole plan. The Supertrain will be able to set new speed records, and train-freak tourist round trip tickets will mean the thing will run at a profit (Californians actually needing to travel between those points will get a discount if they buy an Amtrak ticket or city transit pass at either end).
Does anyone really “need” to travel between Bakersfield and Merced?

Does one super senior discount commuter justify the cost?

The last time we did it, we drove because we had Christmas presents in the back of my wife's "new" car. No senior discount on gasoline, but by now I know where the cheaper service stations are (such as the Flying J at the Merced Ave exit 15 miles north of Bakersfield).

How long will it take to turn a profit? Based on what the percentage of the original plan went up you can plan on this shortened version to go up as well.

I thought you were ignoring me after getting your ass handed to you so many times.
I don't need to put anyone on ignore. I choose not to respond or just swipe past your post. I thought your comment warranted a response so I did. Don't get used to it..

I don't need to put anyone on ignore. I choose not to respond or just swipe past your post. I thought your comment warranted a response so I did. Don't get used to it..

I didn't say "put on ignore" (implying mechanical assistance), I said "ignoring".

And your comment made no sense - it just looked like your usual whining.

Thst is a good start to ending illiteracy.
I lf you want to begin to erase illiteracy then I think I think you need to start much younger. But maybe setting up reading centers within whatever homeless shelter could help. Bottom line though, people have to want to learn...

I lf you want to begin to erase illiteracy then I think I think you need to start much younger. But maybe setting up reading centers within whatever homeless shelter could help. Bottom line though, people have to want to learn...
I lf you really want to erase illiteracy, start here in this forum. At least as one can calll iit. I think I think.

Watch where Gavin Gruesome moves the money......

My prediction is straight to the Pension Fund so State Union employees don't
bum rush the State House........

Back