Blues Cup

sodceltic

BRONZE
Any thoughts on the smallish fields?

Liverpool beat Blues 4-1 in final.

saw some competitive games this weekend, fields were too small!! I think there would have been better games on the bigger fields, alot of the teams are fast and were hampered by the conjestion in size of field.

Yeah the 7v7 field sizes at Oceanside were smaller than the fields for the bracket games at the Polo fields. SDSC's G2010 team seemed to have some trouble in the final playing their game of connecting passes and using their speed to play into space due to the congestion. When we saw the field size we immediately thought it would be a high scoring game, but the end result was the lowest scoring match of the tournament. Blues did seem to be playing pretty defensively though. Still, it was a fun game for the ladies and a great match up between the two teams.

I couldn't imagine what the G2008 game was like on this field size though. I'd have to think some of the stronger boots were taking shots from the midfield line at that age.

Agreed, I think the smaller fields gave the advantage to Liverpool in the Finals, Blues were not able to open it up, switch the field as they normally do. Should be an interesting Thanksgiving tournament.

Back