Blues Cup

congrats to blues for winning tournament in pks. Long and hot weekend, good luck to everyone as league gets underway next weekend!!!
The Championship game went to PK's after two- 5 minite overtime periods. Somewhat new here and I had a couple of questions:

1) Are those overtime periods sudden death or do they comtiniue, even if someone scores?
2) In the Albion Cup, there were PKs in the semis without the overtime periods. Is that because they were the semis vs finals or do some tourneys use overtime and some dont?

Thank you.

The Championship game went to PK's after two- 5 minite overtime periods. Somewhat new here and I had a couple of questions:

1) Are those overtime periods sudden death or do they comtiniue, even if someone scores?
2) In the Albion Cup, there were PKs in the semis without the overtime periods. Is that because they were the semis vs finals or do some tourneys use overtime and some dont?

Thank you.

It depends on the tournament and the rules set by the director, but I think the usual setup is immediate PKs in the semis, and two full 5 minute overtime periods in the finals, then PKs if still tied after the two overtime periods. But if brackets include Quarterfinal matches, then you may see the immediate PKs in those rounds and overtime periods in both the semis and finals. Again, you just have to go through the tournament rules.

There is sometimes the "golden goal" in overtime, which is basically a sudden death rule, but I haven't seen that too often.

Thank you.
Blues cup had overtime periods for semis and finals
No golden goal meaning once you go to overtime you play the entire overtime.
It's up to the tournament to set rules for whether you go straight to kftm or have overtime first.
Personally, I'd like to see golden goal, or sudden death, used more often. I'm not a fan of kicks from the mark deciding games especially at younger ages

Back