Blues Cup

@chargerfan apparently gets to pick and choose which medical conditions are deserving of empathy.

When did I say anything of the sort?

Would you like your daughter to be coached by an alcoholic who was mean to the kids and missed games due to being drunk?

People change once they are off of whatever substance has got ahold them. I know many people who did some extremely bad things while under the influence of alcohol or other substances. They are now clean and sober and really good people. My DD god father is an exbiker who did some really bad things and was given the choice to go to prison or join the Navy. He did all of those bad things while intoxicated. We went to Navy bootcamp and our first ship together. We have been friends for 30 years and I would trust him with my families lives.

People change once sober and need to be allowed to work through their past demons. I know the coach you are talking about and he has always been respectful and professional to me and my fellow referee's, even the one time that I had an off game at Legends Cup.

I have an ex-alcoholic in my immediate family, so I understand this well. I have forgiven a lot, and know that you can't judge a person by their alcoholism. That is why I said I hoped the guy was in AA. I have heard him say very demeaning things to his players, so hope that was just the alcohol talking.

Also, he has never approached several families to apologize for actions he has done in the past that has really hurt them. If he made amends with those families,I would feel differently.

He may have always been respectful of you, but he has not been to parents and players on his teams.

Empathy and second chances are good. However, when you have an individual that instead of taking responsibility for his actions, goes on Facebook and states that he will never coach again due to the work of other people (I forget the negative term he used) I have a problem with that. If he was truly serious about turning his life around he would be a member of AA and following the steps including making amends to the people he hurt. Has he ever apologized for his behavior or admitted that he lied about missing games, being drunk at games, belittling players, taking bribes, what Charger alluded to above, etc.? That answer would be NO!

He might have been professional when Surfref reffed his games but let me tell you, when your teenage child goes up to an old coach at a game to say hello and can tell that he is extremely intoxicated, that is a problem. I might put myself out there to help someone in recovery but it is not worth exposing my child until he has exhibited some remorse and makes amends.

So back to my original point, it makes sense if it was his parents acting poorly on the sidelines because in my opinion, you have to have a screw loose to allow him to coach your child.

So odd to see someone who talks about attacking people on here openly attacking a coach. Fact is not only a troublemaker he's also a hypocrite.
I don't think your chosen club would appreciate you slandering their former top Coach ? After all they fueled that whole scenario.

So odd to see someone who talks about attacking people on here openly attacking a coach. Fact is not only a troublemaker he's also a hypocrite.
I don't think your chosen club would appreciate you slandering their former top Coach ? After all they fueled that whole scenario.
First - slander is an untrue statement. However, you even you that I am speaking the truth when you say "After all they fueled that whole scenario.
Second- I was asked what he did and am talking truthfully about a bad coach. MakeALose is making up crap to badmouth kids whose parents she does not like. Go ahead and badmouth me as long as it is truthful and you leave my kids out of it.
Third- I go back and forth on whether you can say Surf fueled the whole scenario. While I think they handled parts poorly, if they cut him loose sooner you would have people complaining that they did not have empathy.

Look I don't know who this coach is and clearly wouldn't want an active alcoholic to be in charge of my child. I just find it ironic that @chargerfan who is such a vocal proponent of things like transgender rights is the one to cast stones at someone who is also suffering from a psychiatric and medical condition. The families who currently have this man as their daughters' coach seem to be pleased with him so why should any of you care? And people who sit around waiting for amends to be made to them obviously don't understand how the 12 step program of recovery works.

This is almost too dumb to respond to. if you don't see the difference between being a transgender child vs a raging alcoholic who has verbally abused children, then you're beyond help. It sounds like he still is, so maybe save your sympathy for someone else more deserving.

Reactions: KJR
Silly chargerfan. You don't read and comprehend very well do you? Typical hypocritical democrat. Spewing love and tolerance of all things except when it infringes on them personally.

Didn't you just say you wouldn't want an active alcoholic in charge of your child? You're making no sense here. Defending this particular coach may not be the hill you want to die on, Norwegian. It sounds like you still have a problem with me sticking up for transgender children. If that's your problem, then I don't know what to tell you man, but you have some serious issues.

Silly chargerfan. You don't read and comprehend very well do you? Typical hypocritical democrat. Spewing love and tolerance of all things except when it infringes on them personally.

P.S. If you are doing to try to "attack me", you need to come at me with better than that. You sound like a typical Trump voter- incoherent and lacking in brain cells.

So you have evidence that he is currently active in his disease? Do tell.
No - I have zero issue with transgender children and in fact fully embrace and support them. I do however take offense to hypocrites.

Based on what I have heard, yes.

You also said you wouldn't allow your child to be coached by an alcoholic, so you are making no sense.

What is your argument here?

Look I don't know who this coach is and clearly wouldn't want an active alcoholic to be in charge of my child. I just find it ironic that @chargerfan who is such a vocal proponent of things like transgender rights is the one to cast stones at someone who is also suffering from a psychiatric and medical condition. The families who currently have this man as their daughters' coach seem to be pleased with him so why should any of you care? And people who sit around waiting for amends to be made to them obviously don't understand how the 12 step program of recovery works.
I don't care. If they are stupid enough to let their child be around him, that is their problem. I was merely pointing out that if Surfref's comment about bad parents was directed at his team, that would make a lot of sense because I equate a parent that would act as he described with a parent that is stupid enough to be around Steveo.

Just curious does this apply to every alcoholic at your club who has been reassigned teams or just the ones who publicly misstep? You must be new to your club or not know a lot? You may want to tone it down because you are wading in some deep waters. Maybe ask around before you get on your ivory tower. Or maybe just stick to your pro knowledge of the polo field irrigation system?

Just curious does this apply to every alcoholic at your club who has been reassigned teams or just the ones who publicly misstep? You must be new to your club or not know a lot? You may want to tone it down because you are wading in some deep waters. Maybe ask around before you get on your ivory tower. Or maybe just stick to your pro knowledge of the polo field irrigation system?

If we had an honest discussion of certain coaches past behavior, ones still employed, heads would spin.

That doesn't for his personal agenda so it is overlooked. I am not here to shame anyone everyone makes mistakes and would not want their personal lives broadcasted. I do think though that hypocrites who go after other clubs and incite other posters need to check themselves and their own house first before they play the judge and jury.

If you want to spread info spread it all . If you want to attack other posters and clubs make sure your own house is clean first.
A lot of people are agents of the club on this forum. We just need to make sure that the rest of the general public is aware of your misinformation campaigns. Stick to Goal Nation posts and social media to spread the propaganda

@EmmaruthM what is creative about pointing out hypocrisy and demanding civility when airing club issues? Isn't this your actual coach?
Were you not aware that certain posters are here to spread club dogma and alternative facts but actually contribute nothing of substance? Please feel free to check a posting history.

I know the family well, so know the story. It's a private matter, so no, not mine to tell. After what he did to her, I would prefer my children to take up basket weaving than play for that man. Even if he is no longer abusing, he is still not a good person. I know you want to make it ok so you don't feel bad about letting your child play for him, but what he has done in the past is n
@EmmaruthM what is creative about pointing out hypocrisy and demanding civility when airing club issues? Isn't this your actual coach?
Were you not aware that certain posters are here to spread club dogma and alternative facts but actually contribute nothing of substance? Please feel free to check a posting history.

It's wayyyyy too early for this. I apologize I pressed the wrong thingee. I meant to agree. ⚽️ And no he is not my daughters actual coach but he is part of our club community and she does guest with his team.

If fact does have insider knowledge as to other coaches from his club engaging in any behavior that could endanger a child physically or emotionally, I would like to know. I am aware this particular coach isn't the only one from that club with issues, but I don't have enough knowledge regarding the other situation to feel comfortable sharing. This is a forum for parents to educate themselves, and I for one would appreciate knowing if a coach we were considering is/has been abusive. This is not to shame, but to educate, especially when clubs have been hush hush about covering up things.

Back