Blues Cup 2016 -

Is Blues Cup a prestigious tournament?

Beyond about u12 or 13 many events lose prestige.

With regard to who's not worthy let's let the games play out ,.. That ought to prove my point.

I already mentioned Surf and Carlsbad as being worthy of which neither were accepted.

I don't know who else applied and was denied.

With regard to who's not worthy let's let the games play out ,.. That ought to prove my point.

I already mentioned Surf and Carlsbad as being worthy of which neither were accepted.

I don't know SB. If teams aren't worthy then it sounds like Blues Cup might be a good place for them to potentially prove their worth by either playing to a draw or a win where a loss is almost certain. In the mean time, both my kids are gonna make some good money reffing at Blues Cup.

Why be cryptic? Who doesn't belong and why?

Why does it matter so much to get the names of the teams? It doesn't matter to me who is worthy and who is not worthy. Every team will have three games to prove their worth next weekend.

Could Blues Cup have accepted other teams that appear better on paper? It sounds like the answer is "yes".

I am sure that the teams that are coming from out of state are very excited to be in So Cal for Labor Day weekend and I am interested in watching teams that I don't see on a regular basis play.

@Sombitch I think it used to be a very good one actually.
I agree with Som not having Surf2 a bit of a head scratcher.
On a different note are you tournament director for La Jolla Impact now? Why is Surf Cup sports managing that and having their teams sign up for that tourney? That's markedly lower than Blues Cup.

@Sombitch I think it used to be a very good one actually.
I agree with Som not having Surf2 a bit of a head scratcher.
On a different note are you tournament director for La Jolla Impact now? Why is Surf Cup sports managing that and having their teams sign up for that tourney? That's markedly lower than Blues Cup.

Surf cup sports has nothing to do with la Jolla Labor Day

Not sure where you heard that

Surf cup sports has nothing to do with la Jolla Labor Day

Not sure where you heard that
Good to know. It wa assumed because you are asking for teams for La Jolla Labor Day Classic on these boards and Surf is mandating participation in that tourney so I thought Surf Cup Sports was handling it now because you do so much for the main Surf Cup Sports.

Good to know. It wa assumed because you are asking for teams for La Jolla Labor Day Classic on these boards and Surf is mandating participation in that tourney so I thought Surf Cup Sports was handling it now because you do so much for the main Surf Cup Sports.

Got it.

As far as mandating,... That is false. There are only three surf teams playing. Far from a mandate

Good luck to all of the Teams playing in Blues Cup! Stay healthy & enjoy the holiday weekend with your Team's and Families!

Here are my predictions:

Bracket A Winner - Blues 03 Ecnl
Bracket B Winner - Real So Cal Ecnl
Bracket C Winner - Beach Demelo
Bracket D Winner - Strikers Egsl
Bracket E Winner - Del Mar Sharks

Wildcard #1 - Legends Academy
Wildcard #2 - Lvpsa
Wildcard #3 - So Cal Blues Holley

Quarters Winners:
QF A - Blues 03 Ecnl
QF B - Real So Cal Ecnl
QF C - Lvpsa
QF D - Legends Academy

Semis Winners:
Blues 03 Ecnl
Legends Academy

Finals Winner:
Blues 03 Ecnl
If your prediction are correct for the Semis, it will be a very physical game like it was in Surf Cup. Definitely was not a boring game and it was a great battle between the two of them.

Last edited:
Nobody picking Scottsdale Blackhawks 03 in group E, but "Got Soccer" has them ranked #1 in the nation, region 4 and CAS. Are they that good?

Nobody picking Scottsdale Blackhawks 03 in group E, but "Got Soccer" has them ranked #1 in the nation, region 4 and CAS. Are they that good?

I don't think we should take any rankings on the Got Soccer website too seriously. With the age change here in Cal South along with GS's usual weird rankings, I think the rankings are all over the board.

As for the Scottsdale team, we will see this weekend. I wonder if the two ECNL clubs in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area drain the talent from the Scottsdale organization. If the answer is yes, it may be hard for Scottsdale to stay on top as the #1 team in the nation, Region 4 and CAS.

I don't think we should take any rankings on the Got Soccer website too seriously. With the age change here in Cal South along with GS's usual weird rankings, I think the rankings are all over the board.

As for the Scottsdale team, we will see this weekend. I wonder if the two ECNL clubs in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area drain the talent from the Scottsdale organization. If the answer is yes, it may be hard for Scottsdale to stay on top as the #1 team in the nation, Region 4 and CAS.
I think the Scottsdale Blackhawks question was answered.

quarterfinals matches are set

Blues - Bobak v CZ Elite - Cheif

Real SoCal ECNL v LVPSA -Red

Beach - Demelo v OC Strkers EGSL

Blues - Holley v Legends Academy

Any predictions???

BTW - hey Generik my DD had her orange & black gear. Her Caltrans gear LOL

Congratulations to Beach FC - definitely the better team today and well-deserving of the championship!

Our girls gave it all they had today against two (2) great opponents...pulled out a gutsy win against RSC - but didn't have any magic left to get a win in the finals.

Good luck to everyone in league-play next weekend...and looking forward to some rematches against so many great teams in the various leagues/gaming-circuits come winter tournament season.

Ditto to Generik's comments about Beach FC - Demelo. They were the best team this weekend. It was tough losing in the semis but it was fun watching these 2 teams battle and play beautiful soccer.

Couldn't help to swivel my head and see the other semis behind our game as the parents cheered their respective teams.

Generik, hope your DD is okay.

Now off to league play

Congratulations to Beach FC - definitely the better team today and well-deserving of the championship!

Our girls gave it all they had today against two (2) great opponents...pulled out a gutsy win against RSC - but didn't have any magic left to get a win in the finals.

Good luck to everyone in league-play next weekend...and looking forward to some rematches against so many great teams in the various leagues/gaming-circuits come winter tournament season.
Congrats Beach! Always a treat when an underdog wins! Great soccer this weekend and deserved the tourney win! Great job!

Ditto to Generik's comments about Beach FC - Demelo. They were the best team this weekend. It was tough losing in the semis but it was fun watching these 2 teams battle and play beautiful soccer.

Couldn't help to swivel my head and see the other semis behind our game as the parents cheered their respective teams.

Generik, hope your DD is okay.

Now off to league play

Thanks KP - it was only a headache due to head-balls and head-bumps during the game...the coach just asked that she get checked out by the medical staff since she was for any concussion-like symptoms since she was complaining of a headache and she passed just fine.

She was cleared to play in the finals and seems to have no headache symptoms left...just exhausted from the weekend!

Great seeing you guys again out on the field...and yes, my head was on that same swivel trying to keep up with both action-packed semi-final games.

Back