Blues Cup 2016 -

How many guest players did the blues have for this tourney?

How many guest players did the blues have for this tourney?

None for this one....but we needed a few for sure - our games yesterday were "ugly" with no fresh legs left on any of our girls.

Wish we could have given both Beach and RSC better games (with better soccer play on the field), but the team just didn't have any gas left in their tanks with only one sub to use all weekend long.

Even with a few more subs and a few fresher legs...not sure we are able to pull out a win against the Beach squad - very talented team at every position with no weaknesses (that I can tell) in their game.

Congratulations to all teams that made the semifinals and finals. Beach DeMelo proved they will be a force to be reckoned with the remainder of this year and into next year. Not sure how the DA will affect that team (and other teams of course). My dd's team lost to DeMelo in the quarters. They were able to end the game 0-0 in regulation (only to lose in PK's). I agree with Generik, DeMelo has talent at many positions.

I also think that Blues should hold their heads up high in making the finals to this tourney. Having only one sub for six games in three days is tough on any team. Maybe Bobak should have done something about having extra bodies for the weekend, but it does not seem like the Blues players shied away from the challenge. My dd was exhausted after four games, so an extra two games would have been brutal.

While an argument can be made (which I have done in the recent past) that the ECNL teams are the cream of the crop in So Cal at G03, this past weekend showed that a non-ECNL team can win when some of the ECNL teams are involved. So much talent at this age group....it amazes me that the So Cal ODP team doesn't dominate every minute of every game.

Now on to the regular seasons for all. Best of luck to you and your dd's!

None for this one....but we needed a few for sure - our games yesterday were "ugly" with no fresh legs left on any of our girls.

Wish we could have given both Beach and RSC better games (with better soccer play on the field), but the team just didn't have any gas left in their tanks with only one sub to use all weekend long.

Even with a few more subs and a few fresher legs...not sure we are able to pull out a win against the Beach squad - very talented team at every position with no weaknesses (that I can tell) in their game.

The two games that Beach DeMelo-Blues Bobak/Rennie have played this year have been thrillers. And thanks for the nice comments you have made about Beach DeMelo in the last few weeks, sure this team was not an underdog for you.
The semifinal with Legends and the final were very intense and high quality games. I have played soccer all my life and I am very surprised by the very high level at which these kids can play. At times Legends would stay in its own half letting Beach posses the ball on defense, and then would spring forward as a whole block to press. And often Beach was able to connect passes and move the ball under the intense pressure, and take the ball to the forwards. Very little kick ball from both sides, a thing of beauty. I cannot wait for SCDSL this Fall, the schedule is loaded.

Congratulations to all teams that made the semifinals and finals. Beach DeMelo proved they will be a force to be reckoned with the remainder of this year and into next year. Not sure how the DA will affect that team (and other teams of course). My dd's team lost to DeMelo in the quarters. They were able to end the game 0-0 in regulation (only to lose in PK's). I agree with Generik, DeMelo has talent at many positions.

I also think that Blues should hold their heads up high in making the finals to this tourney. Having only one sub for six games in three days is tough on any team. Maybe Bobak should have done something about having extra bodies for the weekend, but it does not seem like the Blues players shied away from the challenge. My dd was exhausted after four games, so an extra two games would have been brutal.

While an argument can be made (which I have done in the recent past) that the ECNL teams are the cream of the crop in So Cal at G03, this past weekend showed that a non-ECNL team can win when some of the ECNL teams are involved. So much talent at this age group....it amazes me that the So Cal ODP team doesn't dominate every minute of every game.

Now on to the regular seasons for all. Best of luck to you and your dd's!

I would say that Demelo has a well discipline team and work together very well. They keep it simple and the girls know how to support one another defensively and offensively. At the rate that his team is playing they will continue to be great contenders in all tournaments and league play.

Demello was an underdog? News to me. Congrats to the Beach girls.
I dont think we can say any team is an underdog this year till we see a few of these teams match up. Beach sure had a great tournament and their results showed they are a serious contender in any matchup. http://events.gotsport.com/events/s...321&FieldID=0&applicationID=3526223&action=Go
Only one team manged to score a goal on them and they had no problems finding the back of the net multiple times against the teams they matched up against this weekend.
Looking forward to seening how they do in league play. After this past weekends performance, Im sure they will not be considered the underdog on future matches...

I had the chance to camp out and watch a few of the other games this weekend as well, and all i can say is the 2003 age group is loaded with talent! I know the age change has shifted us all in one way or another, but the girls seem to be handling it well. One other thing that stood out, was how friendly the girls were with the other teams... playing for their schools, odp, etc has made it so these girls have built friendships off the field, and it is awesome to see them play against their "friends" and play hard but clean. See you all soon!

Back