Best Club Coaches in SoCal

People I’ve seen and think are good, don’t know about the best.

I don’t know many SD coaches. Sorry.

-Erush, Breakers
-Teddy, Pats
-Sean, Pats
-Roy, Strikers
-Sam, LUFC
-David, SC Surf
-Doug, OC Surf
-Carl, Sand and Surf
-Liam, Beach
-Callum, OC Galaxy
-Dallas, CFA
-Carrie, SD Loyal-when she was at LUFC
-Igor, OC Surf
-Justine, OC Galaxy
-Ever, Beach
-Beniot, LAFC
-Zack, Real SoCal
-Jacob, Tudela FC
-Nacho, Pats
-Jason, MVSC
-Katie, Sand and Surf

For the boys considering the pay what do the better club coach get per month ? <2k notwithstanding MLS or professional organizations I would say the best ones don't stick around long. They move on to something bigger, take a promotion go work for MLS , become trainers, bigger more well financed clubs unless they want to go into management and the $$ DIrectors pay grade.

Many of the coaches for youngers don't have a lot of experience so the quality is really not that great and they don't get compensated them that well so not like there are abc coaches looking for a new u10 each year, throw those to the rooks.

Best coach someone with a lot of passion for the game that's going to be there for your players and team not running around coaching three other teams, some privates, I'd camps etc all at the same time
Yeah the best coach is a part time coach.
Your right. someone who hasnt committed his life to the craft of coaching. Best to get a person who works 40 hours a week at another job.

great advice.

What are you talking about? No a dedicated coach not a Part Timer moonlighting as a coach.

When they have 3 other teams, splitting time, well go for that if you like but no don't recommend those types.

Method has a list with two S&S coaches, but not a single Galaxy SB Coach or Beach Academy Coach? That list is already not credible. There are some really great coaches on that list outside of those choices.

For the boys considering the pay what do the better club coach get per month ? <2k notwithstanding MLS or professional organizations I would say the best ones don't stick around long. They move on to something bigger, take a promotion go work for MLS , become trainers, bigger more well financed clubs unless they want to go into management and the $$ DIrectors pay grade.

Many of the coaches for youngers don't have a lot of experience so the quality is really not that great and they don't get compensated them that well so not like there are abc coaches looking for a new u10 each year, throw those to the rooks.

Best coach someone with a lot of passion for the game that's going to be there for your players and team not running around coaching three other teams, some privates, I'd camps etc all at the same time

What are you talking about? No a dedicated coach not a Part Timer moonlighting as a coach.

When they have 3 other teams, splitting time, well go for that if you like but no don't recommend those types.

Hahah “those types”

ok let’s get a “dedicated” coach who will only coach 1 team. He/she is SO dedicated to coaching that they only have 1 team and train 2-3 times a week.

the other 99 hours a week is spent designing sessions and having individual plans created for each player.

they do NOTHING else.

what world do you live in? I’m so sick of people Talking crap about coaches and how easy it is to be a full time coach.

Parents think they have all the answers but you know what? You decided your profession, and it wasn’t coaching, and if you have coached, it’s been a volunteer, and now you think you have some moral superiority?

the truth is, and I can tell by your post, you don’t respect coaches. You don’t respect the time it takes to get good at it. You think you can just step into a session and be freaking amazing.

I don’t think that. I respect the profession, some coaches are bad...

ITS CRAP pay these guys/girls get, awful hours, and then on top of that, they have to deal with people like you who think they know what’s best. And YOU don’t even do the job!

hey...news flash...YOU DON’T KNOW WHATS BEST. I don’t go to a library and tell the librarian how to do their job and that they aren’t dedicated.

if a they has to coach 3 teams THEY ARE DEDICATED.

Method has a list with two S&S coaches, but not a single Galaxy SB Coach or Beach Academy Coach? That list is already not credible. There are some really great coaches on that list outside of those choices.
Like I said... I don’t know any SD coaches. I don’t know MANY other coaches. I’m going off what I know and what I’ve seen. It wasn’t meant to be some official list. Add too it if you want!

but I am VERY flattered that you think so highly of me to think my list was even official!

It certainly is a mixed bag and a few I was shockingly surprised by. Many other coaches were certainly left off that list. Though they did admit they were unfamiliar with any SD coaches, which leads me to believe they may not have been exposed to many other coaches.
**Addendum--I see a post was made as I was writing. Having said something similiar.

It certainly is a mixed bag and a few I was shockingly surprised by. Many other coaches were certainly left off that list. Though they did admit they were unfamiliar with any SD coaches, which leads me to believe they may not have been exposed to many other coaches.
**Addendum--I see a post was made as I was writing. Having said something similiar.
THAAAANNNKK YOU.

I’m just going off my very limited exposure to coaches. I have a full time job, so I can’t go around and watch every session and game.
But I will quit my job to go on this quest so my list can be more “creditable”

THAAAANNNKK YOU.

I’m just going off my very limited exposure to coaches. I have a full time job, so I can’t go around and watch every session and game.
But I will quit my job to go on this quest so my list can be more “creditable”
In my book you definitely hit two girls coaches squarely on the nose with DS at OC Surf and JT at Tudela.

People I’ve seen and think are good, don’t know about the best.

I don’t know many SD coaches. Sorry.

-Erush, Breakers
-Teddy, Pats
-Sean, Pats
-Roy, Strikers
-Sam, LUFC
-David, SC Surf
-Doug, OC Surf
-Carl, Sand and Surf
-Liam, Beach
-Callum, OC Galaxy
-Dallas, CFA
-Carrie, SD Loyal-when she was at LUFC
-Igor, OC Surf
-Justine, OC Galaxy
-Ever, Beach
-Beniot, LAFC
-Zack, Real SoCal
-Jacob, Tudela FC
-Nacho, Pats
-Jason, MVSC
-Katie, Sand and Surf
I’d never put a list together that had Sam and Carrie together - especially when it comes to coaching and history at that club. Better go burn some sage and burn a CR7 action figure as tribute to the Soccer Gods.

I’d never put a list together that had Sam and Carrie together - especially when it comes to coaching and history at that club. Better go burn some sage and burn a CR7 action figure as tribute to the Soccer Gods.

lol now you guys know I don’t have any information to go on. I’m seriously just going on what I’ve seen.

what happened there anyway?

Hahah “those types”

ok let’s get a “dedicated” coach who will only coach 1 team. He/she is SO dedicated to coaching that they only have 1 team and train 2-3 times a week.

the other 99 hours a week is spent designing sessions and having individual plans created for each player.

they do NOTHING else.

what world do you live in? I’m so sick of people Talking crap about coaches and how easy it is to be a full time coach.

Parents think they have all the answers but you know what? You decided your profession, and it wasn’t coaching, and if you have coached, it’s been a volunteer, and now you think you have some moral superiority?

the truth is, and I can tell by your post, you don’t respect coaches. You don’t respect the time it takes to get good at it. You think you can just step into a session and be freaking amazing.

I don’t think that. I respect the profession, some coaches are bad...

ITS CRAP pay these guys/girls get, awful hours, and then on top of that, they have to deal with people like you who think they know what’s best. And YOU don’t even do the job!

hey...news flash...YOU DON’T KNOW WHATS BEST. I don’t go to a library and tell the librarian how to do their job and that they aren’t dedicated.

if a they has to coach 3 teams THEY ARE DEDICATED.

Your rant is bs you must be a coach or something.

Dedicated to one team, you can be a assistant on others, working with staff
coaches, doing other things rest of the time Einstein. I'm sick of narrow minded people who can't take anybody else's opinion whitout getting on some rant about some bs assumptions.

In fact that's what's the norm is for academy coaches and several on your "unrealistic" list. The op asked for the best club coaches not academy directors, da, ecnl and older coaches they will never get.

Your rant is bs you must be a coach or something.

Dedicated to one team, you can be a assistant on others, working with staff
coaches, doing other things rest of the time Einstein. I'm sick of narrow minded people who can't take anybody else's opinion whitout getting on some rant about some bs assumptions.

In fact that's what's the norm is for academy coaches and several on your "unrealistic" list. The op asked for the best club coaches not academy directors, da, ecnl and older coaches they will never get.

That’s 100% a fair point. I did rant. I can accept that. I’ve been intermittent fasting. It was a long day. Next time will be different.

Have you heard good things about him? I’ve also seen some other coaches names linked to that area.. Gallo, Chavez, Villanueva, Guerrero, ninja. I’m still trying to research.
Not sure what age group your daughter is, but Carlos Guerrero at Legends SGV 06 plays a good style.

The club hopper who is now Soccerhelper can speak on his experience from the last 10 years on who his dd favorite coaches have been from her own mouth :)

AYSO- Coach Marci and Coach Jennifer
Rec- Dad as head coach. She said I treated all the players the same and that made me smile. Not easy being a coach with a kid too on the same team
Arsenal: Coach Marci
Legends. Coach Jenny, Coach heather, Coach Howard and coach Matt
Blues- Coach Tad and The Gaffer
Strikers- Coach Tim
High School- Coach Ben

Thank you to all of you for treating my dd with respect. It's very much appreciated. I forgive all the other coaches she's played with as well. I ask for forgiveness from all the coaches and parents for any words that came with sharpness and at times, judgmental and all that stuff. I'm working on doing better. Go Soccer!!!

Back