Attn G08 San Diego Keepers!

SD Surf Girls EGSL Flight 1 2008 team is looking for a top keeper to complete their roster - if you aren't already committed to a team, come check us out!

Why should you consider?

1) Action & Development - Our team is coached by Gabe Arredondo - he's a phenomenal coach focused on development and skills with winning secondary, as it should be. Which means while he's training our girls to play the "right" way - just like learning a new golf swing, there's simply going to be a ton of shots on goal against us for a while. This is a fairly unique situation where you'll get the opportunity to play on a top team AND get a lot of action as a keeper - Tired of standing around bored out of your mind in goal? This is where you want to be. If you're wondering about Coach Gabe, check out what other posters had to say when he was with Rebels: http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/private-coaching.205/ - Also, next year it's likely the team will be coached by either Gabe again or Craig Barclay - look them up. They're legit folks...

2) Experience - As an EGSL team, you'll be challenged by other top teams on a regular basis. You're gonna get looks you're not likely going to see in SD - For example, we just got spanked by Pete Aguirre's 08 Slammers this past weekend where one of the girls took a cross mid-air from the sideline and popped it in first touch - Let me be clear, this is not last year's 08 Newport Slammers, they basically took the top players from Strikers, CDA Cerritos and some insane lefty from Eagles to form a ridiculously fun to watch (and play against) dream team. We play them again in a few weeks as well as throughout league season - we'll likely play them 6-8 times this season easily. This upcoming weekend? We play the Blues who just whomped CDA Orange 8-0... We can't wait. Join our team and your DD will be our freakin' hero. No more just seeing these undisputed top teams once or maybe twice a year if you make it far enough in the tournament. Besides, my DD will thank you - she's great with her feet, but has no idea what the heck her hands are for - they as might as well be flippers when she steps on the field.

3) Exposure - Let me ask, what other 08 girls team in SD is set to play Man City Cup, Surf Cup, Surf Thanksgiving Cup, Blues Cup, and West Coast Cup? (Ok, for real, I really don't know, there might be others, but last year only one other SD team got accepted) These are very high profile tournaments where you'll get a lot of exposure and opportunities to shine. You'll be playing with the best of the best and we have 9-10 tournaments like these on the schedule. Vegas Cup is also certainly a possibility.

Ok, so that's my pitch. To be clear, this was not posted by coach Gabe nor any other Surf employee - those who know him know he's a super humble guy and would never say anything like this (nor approve of this -oops) I'm just a parent who's really excited for our team and our entire team family is really looking forward to welcoming a keeper that wants to be the best.

If you're interested, please shoot me a PM and I'll pass along Coach Gabe's number so you can give him a call - or heck, just come by our practice today at the Polo fields from 3:45-4:45pm and join us for the free BBQ afterwards... yes, free food - for the whole family. yum. Ask for Coach Gabe's 08's, we'll be near the #3 flag. After that we'll be by the big circus tent.

Go Surf and hope you have great day! =)

Back