ASC Women

More opportunities for young women are good. I believe that makes four WPSL teams in the county now. I like that they are adding a women's team to compliment the men's team. One quote caught my eye, "we will likely bring some locally based players in to train with our U-19 academy team". Given the roster history of that 1999 U-19 acadamy team over the past year, that should be interesting.

Hope that we can get Womens Soccer to pay off as a career. But right now, unless you are on the National Team, you are better off working at Starbucks and playing pick up soccer on Friday mornings.
I do think it is great to give women the chance to play in leagues after college. Much of what I see out there is co-ed soccer or an occasional tournament for women over the age of 25.

Last edited:
My guess is that more then half of the players rostered are college players. I know the team out of Temecula is filled with these girls, who then leave about now to go back to school.

My guess is that more then half of the players rostered are college players. I know the team out of Temecula is filled with these girls, who then leave about now to go back to school.
Will be curious to hear if this improves their level of play when back at school.

Back