Anyone like to guess the name of the "not yet but soon to be" announced league?

I don't have any inside information but we know where this is all going. The DA clubs, now empowered by a half-hearted US Soccer mandate will no doubt be announcing a new "elite" league that will be (__fill in hyperbolic adjective here___) that will cost $5k but be paid off the sweat of Tier 3 players everywhere.

In spite of that depressing intro, would anyone care to guess what super-acronym they dream up to market it to parents near and... I guess near now?

Will "elite" be victorious over 'premier"? Will "academy" be discarded like yesterday's newspaper in lieu of a more modern work that vaguely represents education such as "cohort"? The premier soccer cohort of so call girls elite academy institute of scholarship fishing? I mean this could go in so many directions.

offer your suggestion and the Winner will receive two all-expense-paid vacations to beautiful Wuhan, China was you can enjoy fresh meat that may or may not contain a virus but be assured no bats were harmed in its making. Second place gets a set of steak knives.

I don't have any inside information but we know where this is all going. The DA clubs, now empowered by a half-hearted US Soccer mandate will no doubt be announcing a new "elite" league that will be (__fill in hyperbolic adjective here___) that will cost $5k but be paid off the sweat of Tier 3 players everywhere.

In spite of that depressing intro, would anyone care to guess what super-acronym they dream up to market it to parents near and... I guess near now?

Will "elite" be victorious over 'premier"? Will "academy" be discarded like yesterday's newspaper in lieu of a more modern work that vaguely represents education such as "cohort"? The premier soccer cohort of so call girls elite academy institute of scholarship fishing? I mean this could go in so many directions.

offer your suggestion and the Winner will receive two all-expense-paid vacations to beautiful Wuhan, China was you can enjoy fresh meat that may or may not contain a virus but be assured no bats were harmed in its making. Second place gets a set of steak knives.
Attention Boys & Girls and their paying parents: You've played with the rest, now come try the best :)
"The World's Foremost Premier Soccer Academy Developing World Class Elite Players"

Funny you should ask - here is what I have heard. There is a shift afoot that the soccer leaders of this nation have sensed in the attitude of parents who are paying the bill for the higher level leagues. Their market research is showing a preference for standardized training plans while playing local competition. They have worked with their marketing agencies to come up with a name for the new league that the feel will encompass the goals of this new venture:

Football’s

Regional

Academy of

Universal

Development

Some local coaches outfitted in Adidas and Puma gear, along with representatives from Soccer Loco and Surf Cup Sports have embraced this concept. The see it as the right next step for the young soccer players of the region. They have started to work on the name for the local chapter - while it is not finalized yet are feeling good about it:

Southern

California

Advanced

Mentorship League

Stay tuned for more developments

Funny you should ask - here is what I have heard. There is a shift afoot that the soccer leaders of this nation have sensed in the attitude of parents who are paying the bill for the higher level leagues. Their market research is showing a preference for standardized training plans while playing local competition. They have worked with their marketing agencies to come up with a name for the new league that the feel will encompass the goals of this new venture:

Football’s

Regional

Academy of

Universal

Development

Some local coaches outfitted in Adidas and Puma gear, along with representatives from Soccer Loco and Surf Cup Sports have embraced this concept. The see it as the right next step for the young soccer players of the region. They have started to work on the name for the local chapter - while it is not finalized yet are feeling good about it:

Southern

California

Advanced

Mentorship League

Around the same time as the 03 Pilot teams in So Cal and Texas, the DA clubs in So Cal formed the DPL. The DPL recently went national. Just a hunch, but I would guess that the remaining DA clubs\teams become part of the DPL. Maybe the new and improved DPL will have tiers which allow for relegation and promotion based on performance (not politics) with the recently exiled DA teams initially forming the top tier. If it’s not DPL, my guess its the USSL - Ugly Step Sister League.

P.S. Stepsister is one word, but they already have the USL.

Football’s

Regional

Academy of

Universal

Development

Southern

California

Advanced

Mentorship League

Sorry but in my opinion, this is too serious of a situation for too many players, that we jest and suggest snarky, cynical satirical names.

i will continue to believe there are people trying to do the right thing.

As I told someone a few days ago, I just wonder how we (the inhabitants of this forum) would treat each other if we used real names.

images

Sorry but in my opinion, this is too serious of a situation for too many players, that we jest and suggest snarky, cynical satirical names.

As I told someone a few days ago, I just wonder how we (the inhabitants of this forum) would treat each other if we used real names.
Ok, boomer. Just kidding, I couldn’t help but get in another snarky comment during these crazy times. I apologize.

Well let's see, ECNL claims to be an "elite" league, after all it's in their name, so they won't use that. Western league sounds good and simple. Cost will be about the same as ECNL for fees and probably less outside costs since they don't have to go far for great competition. It will be interesting but the league name doesn't really matter, it's what it stands for - great, consistent competition, good coaches and great players. Can't forget, travel won't be too bad, hopefully, they won't have to travel the I5 down to San Diego too much, that in itself is a gift.

P2PYB

Pay to Play Your Best

You can hope people are trying to do the right thing - but in my experience you will be disappointed when you look back at the missed opportunities and the actual results of everyone's efforts. There will be glimmers of promise that make you think the process is on a good path - but when the bar moves every 12-18 months you will again be shaking your head and asking why.

In my opinion the problem is a lack of leadership defining what the right thing is. The right thing is different at different ages, different skill levels and different geographies. In this vacuum of leadership (which has been going on for many years) we are left with many organizations trying to define what makes sense for them & working to push it across all segments. When the national body of US soccer fails to be able execute a plan that it can be sustained I am left wondering what the future really looks like.

You are right in some sense that this is a serious situation. Made even more serious by the extreme amount of money families have invested in this sport for their child. Perceived to be serious by the often false hope that someone's child will be going to college because of soccer based on promises made by a coach or a for profit recruiting firm. Serious for the pressure and anxiety the parents feel and they plus their coaches have forced down upon their kids (probably the most serious aspect of all).

I would suggest a need to see soccer for what it is an act accordingly. For almost all players it is a brief step in their development as people; an opportunity to learn about teams, hard work, and listening to a coach. It is an opportunity to spend time as a family and a chance to see your child succeed and fail in a safe environment. Those that want to make us believe that it is more than this, I would caution that you go in with your eyes wide open and act accordingly.

If a cynical joke at the expense of a broken system reminds the potential future leader(s) of the problems they will need to fix I am happy to do it. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my kids games, support our club and our team, knowing full well what I signed up for.

Xenophobic? Did I hurt your transexual feelings?
No, my bad...a) of course you don't know what xenophobic means and b) of course you don't know how to spell transsexual. Some "book lurnin'" might have helped make you less of an idiot. Never too late, "Outlaw." But at least you're wearing a mask.

Now that West Coast, Beach and Legends have been announced in ECNL Regional League, does this new GAL/DPL thing go away?

Now that West Coast, Beach and Legends have been announced in ECNL Regional League, does this new GAL/DPL thing go away?
This certainly does not help their cause. They have been too quiet since the announcement of their league. Not one club has been announced. Murky communications in a time of uncertainty does not bod well.

This certainly does not help their cause. They have been too quiet since the announcement of their league. Not one club has been announced. Murky communications in a time of uncertainty does not bod well.
Very quiet.

The USYS announcement of ex DA clubs getting their own conferences in National League me be the more viable option vs GAL/DPL. Granted that announcement said more details in 2-3 weeks. So until then who knows what structure they are proposing.

No, my bad...a) of course you don't know what xenophobic means and b) of course you don't know how to spell transsexual. Some "book lurnin'" might have helped make you less of an idiot. Never too late, "Outlaw." But at least you're wearing a mask.

Oh, I know what xenophobic means, but that's one of those bullshit, pussy boy "hurt" words that only bother you libtards. Nobody from other countries care that I made fun of a British accent. From now on I'll just refer to you as "tranny" if that's easier for you.

Back