Any goalies still looking for a team??

Syd'sDad

BRONZE
Strikers OC G2003 black flight 1 team is looking for a goalie.

Our goalie just went down with injury in the finals of NHB cup. With the season starting 2 weeks away I am sure everyone is signed already but thought I would throw it out there.

PM me if you have interest or know of someone that my have interest.

Is a transfer still possible at this point? Sorry to thread-jack but I posted in the G05 forum that a friend is looking to go back to their old team but I wasn't sure if they could.

I don't know for sure if it is possible or not to leave your current club. I have to believe their is a way to go through the league if it is just not the right fit. I am sure the current club would have to agree to release you. I was asking more about a goalie who isn't signed yet. But I guess if there was a goalie that wasn't happy or a back up goalie that would like a starting position that would work for us also. Unfortunately we found out earlier this evening that our goalie fractured her ankle. She is a tough kid who was trying to stay in the game but couldn't even walk. We are pulling for her and hoping she gets better soon.

Fractured ankle....yikes!

As for transfers, I believe it is possible, but since we are past the 8/1 deadline, I think both DOC's have to approve the transfer. Keep in mind, the parent must initiate the transfer from the CalSouth website and I believe that parent has to put up $100 for the "appeal".

Best of luck, my dd's team has one goalie on the roster and we (parents) have no idea what the back-up plan is in case of injury. Maybe I should buy a pair of goalie gloves for the dd?

Booey, I am not going to lie. I was hoping you guys had 2 goalies so we could just borrow one of yours every week until we get ours back. What do you think the chance is that Abner will let us borrow the ECNL Backup:)

If your looking to get keeper replacement with in your club during the upcoming SCDSL fall season. A keeper can play in 2 games on the same day with in the club. Only the keeper position gets a pass but not field players. Two seasons ago, my DD was on stand by for another team in the club cuz their keeper (injury) may not play. Their keeper ended up playing that day.

Good luck

Booey, I am not going to lie. I was hoping you guys had 2 goalies so we could just borrow one of yours every week until we get ours back. What do you think the chance is that Abner will let us borrow the ECNL Backup:)

In the words of Dean Wormer from Animal House, the chances of AR saying, yes to using one of the ECNL goalies would be "Zero Point Zero".

Additionally, who is the backup goalie for that team? Both are very good in goal and good out on the field. From what I have seen this summer, each goalie gets time between the sticks along with playing on the field.

Then you could try to imagine the parents of said goalies saying okay to their dd playing for the G03 black team.

Who wouldn't want there daughter to get a little extra playing time every week:)

I am actually surprised the Goalie fairy hasn't appeared yet and granted me my wish. I guess she takes the summers off.

Looks like it is going to be a challenging year for us. We also lost a defender to a broken ankle about 6 weeks ago. I told my daughter just play your best and the rest will figure itself out.

Back