An amazing case for reducing gun ownership in America

Which lion?

Man r u .........

reflective-warning-signs-slow-ac0562-lg.jpg

The only way Congress can change the second amendment (change the Constitution) is to amend the Constitution.
38 of 50 states would have to agree with and sign the amendment.
Good luck with that. :cool:

I've heard that stronger background checks, red flag warnings and a host of other issues that are all polling 70%+
You do the math and tell me how many states that translates too? Awful close to that 2/3 of voters area...

Also remember the reddest states tend to be the most reliant on federal dollars. Or to put it another way, with leverage and public opinion... change is coming if more dems get voted into office. Republicans need to find a way to take this issue away now, while they still have control or it could spiral on them. My two cents...

Last edited:
Thanks nono.

As always, I welcome your hate.

I direct no " Hate "....

Try two or more other words beginning with " H "...

I " Hope " you will seek " Help " for the loathing you
spew on this forum....You might just become a " Hero "
for the " High " you derive from seeking the TRUTH !
Try not to use " Hemp " as a crutch to stimulate and
" Hook " the feelings you need to " Huck " away so there
is room to " Hike " a new form of character that speaks
honesty and morality. A wonderful " Hymn " would be in
order if that " Haze " was removed from your vision.....!

I've heard that stronger background checks, red flag warnings and a host of other issues that are all polling 70%+
You do the math and tell me how many states that translates too? Awful close to that 2/3 of voters area...

Also remember the reddest states tend to be the most reliant on federal dollars. Or to put it another way, with leverage and public opinion... change is coming if more dems get voted into office. Republicans need to find a way to take this issue away now, while they still have control or it could spiral on them. My two cents...
I'm all for back ground checks and "red flag" warnings...most folks are...but that would not change the constitution.
Congress passes laws all the time. The Supreme's decide if they're constitutional. Back ground checks are. Depending on how far the "red flag" warnings go will determine their constitutionality.
How does Congress pass civility and morality laws? In the end, that's all this comes down to. Assault rifles account for around 1% of gun deaths....
The inner city is a war zone and a homeless encampment, opioids are out of control, depression in young adults is at record highs, the deficit continues unchecked and the beat goes on.....

I'm all for back ground checks and "red flag" warnings...most folks are...but that would not change the constitution.
Congress passes laws all the time. The Supreme's decide if they're constitutional. Back ground checks are. Depending on how far the "red flag" warnings go will determine their constitutionality.
How does Congress pass civility and morality laws? In the end, that's all this comes down to. Assault rifles account for around 1% of gun deaths....
The inner city is a war zone and a homeless encampment, opioids are out of control, depression in young adults is at record highs, the deficit continues unchecked and the beat goes on.....

1%? You don't say.

1%? You don't say.
Prove me wrong Magoo....
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html

How many people are killed in mass shootings in the U.S. every year?
This is a difficult question to answer because there is no single, agreed-upon definition of the term “mass shooting.” Definitions can vary depending on factors including the number of victims and the circumstances of the shooting.

The FBI collects data on “active shooter incidents,” which it defines as “as one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area.” Using the FBI’s definition, 85 people – excluding the shooters – died in such incidents in 2018.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people – excluding the shooter – are shot or killed. Using this definition, 373 people died in these incidents in 2018.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.

Prove me wrong Magoo....
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html

How many people are killed in mass shootings in the U.S. every year?
This is a difficult question to answer because there is no single, agreed-upon definition of the term “mass shooting.” Definitions can vary depending on factors including the number of victims and the circumstances of the shooting.

The FBI collects data on “active shooter incidents,” which it defines as “as one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area.” Using the FBI’s definition, 85 people – excluding the shooters – died in such incidents in 2018.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people – excluding the shooter – are shot or killed. Using this definition, 373 people died in these incidents in 2018.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.

Paywall, and the part you quoted says nothing about %, and is also irrelevant to the statement you made.

Please continue. You're doing great. Those people who are laughing are not laughing at you.

Paywall, and the part you quoted says nothing about %, and is also irrelevant to the statement you made.

Please continue. You're doing great. Those people who are laughing are not laughing at you.
So you didn't bother reading the NEW YORK TIMES article....you've not proved me wrong Magoo....
"Those people" who are laughing are you and who? The lunatics in your head & ratboy?

So you didn't bother reading the NEW YORK TIMES article....you've not proved me wrong Magoo....
"Those people" who are laughing are you and who? The lunatics in your head & ratboy?

Since you apparently did read the NYT article, why didn't you just quote the 1% part?

Since you apparently did read the NYT article, why didn't you just quote the 1% part?
I can't get back on the NYTimes site either...but
Here ya go MAGOO, one of your favored sources.....and I said about 1%, I've read 1.5% to maybe 2% which are both about 1%.
I don't make these figures up, look them up yourself...never mind, you being Magoo you know everything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States#cite_note-mass-153

In recent years, the number of public mass shootings has increased substantially, with a steady increase in gun related deaths.[151][152] Although mass shootings are covered extensively in the media, they account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths[19] (only 1 percent of all gun deaths between 1980 and 2008[153]).

Here ya go MAGOO, one of your favored sources.....and I said about 1%, I've read 1.5% to maybe 2% which are both about 1%.
I don't make these figures up, look them up yourself...never mind, you being Magoo you know everything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States#cite_note-mass-153

In recent years, the number of public mass shootings has increased substantially, with a steady increase in gun related deaths.[151][152] Although mass shootings are covered extensively in the media, they account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths[19] (only 1 percent of all gun deaths between 1980 and 2008[153]).
I thought the plumber deemed Wikipedia an enemy of the t nation? . . . and you still use it? Wait, it is an odd day . . .

In case you have forgotten, your original statement was "Assault rifles account for around 1% of gun deaths."

To which I responded "1%? You don't say."

Back