Addiction in Young Athletes

98 percent?

The other 2 percent moved to opioids from other addictions such as cocaine, benzodiazepines, etc. or just experimented with them and became addicted. I have recently run across a good number a marijuana addicts that have incorporated opioids into their addiction.

The hotspots for opioid pill addiction in San Diego are Carmel Valley, Del Mar, La Jolla, and RSF

Nonsense. I'll listen to the Doctor.

Many times it's over prescribed. Doctors are required to manage pain but often times take the easy way or lazy way out. It has been proven that opiates do not manage long term pain effectively so there is no reason why a doctor should prescribe these type of painkillers longer then a few days. It's foolish to always listen to the doctor. Do your research so you don't rely on someone who may be just trying to get you out the door.

Many times it's over prescribed. Doctors are required to manage pain but often times take the easy way or lazy way out. It has been proven that opiates do not manage long term pain effectively so there is no reason why a doctor should prescribe these type of painkillers longer then a few days. It's foolish to always listen to the doctor. Do your research so you don't rely on someone who may be just trying to get you out the door.

Given the choice of advice from an unknown on the internet, and a doctor - I always go with the doctor.

The other 2 percent moved to opioids from other addictions such as cocaine, benzodiazepines, etc. or just experimented with them and became addicted. I have recently run across a good number a marijuana addicts that have incorporated opioids into their addiction.

The hotspots for opioid pill addiction in San Diego are Carmel Valley, Del Mar, La Jolla, and RSF

If you can clinically document some marijuana addicts, you should write it up for a journal.

If you can clinically document some marijuana addicts, you should write it up for a journal.
My kids are in middle school and they are already seeing friends bring pot brownies to school that were left by parents or older brothers. There's proof that marijuana affects a kids brain at a different rate than adults. Kids in middle school are already beginning to try pot and vaping. The legalization of marijuana in California might be good for adults but definitely not for kids.

I work in the addiction treatment field as a LCSW with a sub specialty in addiction medicine. There is a problem with teens and opioid addiction. Opioids are perfectly safe for very short term (2-3 days) pain relief. The problems start when a teen is kept on the opioids for long periods of time and the parents are not proactive about monitoring the teens opioid use. This isn't just a teen problem. The opioid pill addiction can affect anyone. I have worked with patients from 17 y/o to 82 y/o. 98 percent of them started the addiction the same way, by being prescribed opioid pain medication for too long.

I was astonished by the number of Percocet that I was prescribed for my ACL replacement. I only took it twice, Advil worked fine for me after that. Unfortunately, our housekeeper pilfered all but a couple, apparently taking a few each visit.

Back