Academy season

Just another perspective here...my son played the LAUFA reserves in a tourney final a few weeks back. Not sure what our boys were aware of but we parents certainly knew that quite a few of their players had that academy reserve status and it showed. Strong and big back line and central midfielders but after the jitters of the first few minutes, ended up being a pretty exciting game. Our boys fell short but that's ok. But I remember making the point right after the tourney that you have to appreciate how they are doing things there with their reserve team and probably their pre-academy team as well. Just sounds like a good thing to me and frankly, its unfortunate, their academy status disappears after u14 (as mentioned above).

Don't believe everything you read or heard. The folks at LAUFA knows what they are doing.

That's great for LAUFA and their very recent success but they're going to need more than a PK to beat teams like FCGS in the Surf Final...the product on the field showed FCGS was a suprior team score showed something else

The academy season is a long drag no more cute little tournaments...now we see what development is all about...the true teams will shine

That's great for LAUFA and their very recent success but they're going to need more than a PK to beat teams like FCGS in the Surf Final...the product on the field showed FCGS was a suprior team score showed something else

The academy season is a long drag no more cute little tournaments...now we see what development is all about...the true teams will shine
Cute little tournaments....... LOL!
I saw a video of the final. You're full of crap.
Game could have gone either way but GS will have trouble scoring against that team.

Cute little tournaments....... LOL!
I saw a video of the final. You're full of crap.
Game could have gone either way but GS will have trouble scoring against that team.
Everyone, please relax. It is 12 and 13 year old kids we are discussing, they are just kids who are trying to learn and to do their best.

The only true academy here in los angeles is Galaxy and Lafc in my opinion...

Lafc has 1 team & Galaxy 5 teams total. Not much impact for player development. If a true academy only takes players developed elsewhere what does that say about them or the places that really develop?

Lafc has 1 team & Galaxy 5 teams total. Not much impact for player development. If a true academy only takes players developed elsewhere what does that say about them or the places that really develop?
Well some academy teams just take big tall players .and forget about smart talented players .

Well some academy teams just take big tall players .and forget about smart talented players .
You mean small talented players, right? Lot's of those around. Very few are talented enough to contribute to an academy team at this age.

You mean small talented players, right? Lot's of those around. Very few are talented enough to contribute to an academy team at this age.
This is such an ignorant response...

but then again he's referring to u.s. pseudo academies.

This is such an ignorant response...

but then again he's referring to u.s. pseudo academies.
Hey I'm glad you got that post out before the bar closed. Reminded me to say from now on, not just at this age.

Hey I'm glad you got that post out before the bar closed. Reminded me to say from now on, not just at this age.
Sorry amigo WE don't understand gibberish.

Please speak English senor.

Last edited:
Haha! Wow.... So much for all of that charity talk. Clearly the "reserve" team funds the top teams just like every other academy... How special they are!

You are clearly a hater. If you add all the money the reserves are paying, it would not outfit the team with uniforms.

Season starts next weekend: 9/3 http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=MTYyNzU4NQ==&partialGames=1

Events for this AG:
West: November 4-6, 2016 - National Training Center (Carson, CA)
U-13 plays two 50 minute games Saturday and full-length game Saturday

Futsal Showcases
Weekend 1: January 21-22, 2017 (Central Florida, So Cal)
http://www.ussoccerda.com/calendar

no standing or playoffs for this AG. Might be another U13/2003 showcase late spring 2017 out of state.

New logo:

dA LOGO-crop.jpg

Agree like I said galaxy and golden state are the best academy outthere.

Golden state does more with less so I would say they have been doing better. Losing JH is a blow and long term you have to wonder with all new da local clubs and LAFC ramping up they will face increased pressure in attracting players and in competition.

FC Dallas had the most successful 15-16 with 15/16 and back to back 17/18 champs. There are around 150 clubs in DA so we will see what happens over time.

Last edited:
Back