Academy II teams/programs

electrichead72

SILVER ELITE
What are the Academy II teams?

What is different about them besides being a "regular" flight 1 team?

My kids have all played CSL, but I may be having to make a change and was curious about these particular teams.

Thanks

In theory, these are the teams where kids who aren't quite ready for the Academy go to develop. Or it can be a name that coaches throw on a team so that parents can feel better about their kid. It can mean just about anything.

What are the Academy II teams?

What is different about them besides being a "regular" flight 1 team?

My kids have all played CSL, but I may be having to make a change and was curious about these particular teams.

Thanks

There no such thing as Academy II. If a team has that in their name, it is just made up by the club. Zero affiliation with USSDA.

I know on the girls side, DPL initially tried to use the moniker "DA 2" but I believe US Soccer put the kibosh on that.

The latest in word play.....

Pre-academy is getting old so this "new" Academy II moniker is being marketed now....Pat's for one has been advertising...

OK, that's what I suspected.

I assume "Pre-academy" is the same thing.

I'm not familiar with all the SCDSL flights and groups, so wasn't sure if it meant anything.

Thanks for the info.

I think it means that you will pay II times more than programs that don't have any numbers after their team name.

Back