A New Product that Blocks TURF Heat to the Feet

I only worked on a couple of space-based products. We were more concerned with radiating heat away than with keeping things warm. "Space is cold" is misleading if you are within a hundred million miles or so of the sun (such as Earth orbit).
you right! I stand corrected if you are closer to the sun its definitely hotter :p

To answer your question, It is a patent pending blend of materials that are designed to absorb heat and block it from transferring to the insole. It is cut to fit and very thin so it will not change the overall feel of the cleat stock insole.
What's the patent application number?

If that’s what you think, no point on arguing a point that was explained in earlier posts.
If you think foil is better then use foil.

People on this forum (or the preceding fora) have reported using aluminum foil successfully. And if I had to design a cooling system for feet, layers of reflectors and insulators is where I would start (just like the product blurb says).

People on this forum (or the preceding fora) have reported using aluminum foil successfully. And if I had to design a cooling system for feet, layers of reflectors and insulators is where I would start (just like the product blurb says).
And I have notified my friend that the marketing company had wording that was incorrect about reflective properties.
I know during the test phases of the product they initially went that route by incorporating reflective materials, after many prototypes it was determined that the use of foils was actually transferring more of the conductive heat from the turf through the bottom of the cleat through Blusol product. There was not enough added benefit of adding foil on the bottom of the sole since it is conductive heat that they are trying to stop/reduce, not the radiation from direct sun light .

And I have notified my friend that the marketing company had wording that was incorrect about reflective properties.
I know during the test phases of the product they initially went that route by incorporating reflective materials, after many prototypes it was determined that the use of foils was actually transferring more of the conductive heat from the turf through the bottom of the cleat through Blusol product. There was not enough added benefit of adding foil on the bottom of the sole since it is conductive heat that they are trying to stop/reduce, not the radiation from direct sun light .

Try this --

Take the shelf or shelves out of a toaster oven. Get it good and hot.
Stick your hand or fist in there for a moment to feel the heat.
Pull the hand out and wrap it with a single layer of aluminum foil.
Put the wrapped hand back in the toaster oven.

Try this --

And then keep it in for 15 minutes.

Try this --

Try touching the rack in the toaster oven with the aluminum foil. Wait, don’t do that, you’ll get burned because aluminum foil is a great conductor of heat...

Foil can provide a barrier from radiation and convection, as you noted, but will conduct. I don’t think it’s more than placebo effect in terms of reducing heat transfer as an insole.

Try touching the rack in the toaster oven with the aluminum foil. Wait, don’t do that, you’ll get burned because aluminum foil is a great conductor of heat...

Foil can provide a barrier from radiation and convection, as you noted, but will conduct. I don’t think it’s more than placebo effect in terms of reducing heat transfer as an insole.

"Take the shelf or shelves out of a toaster oven"

"Take the shelf or shelves out of a toaster oven"
I got that, but the point is just that aluminum isn’t going to be great protection if in direct physical contact. It’s a great barrier from say sun or wind, but it won’t protect from touch, just ask your baked potato.

Just my two cents on heat transfer, no idea if this stuff is any better than any other insole.

not to hijack the thread...I was interested in hearing about insoles anyways, not talking about heat but support and stiffness, anyone running a new insole in the adidas or Nike cleats, I thought I saw a insole that was extreme stiff , supposed to be extremely comfortable and snappy if that makes sense??
Would you want like doctor schuls or would you want a spiff insole, just curious, thanks

Back