411 on SoCal Elite?

I am interested in joining the SoCal Elite and was wondering if anyone can provide insight into the team. Please no rude flame wars. Full disclosure: I met the Coach and he seems like a good guy. Besides, it's for my child so good behavior please.

The club caters more towards their boy teams, by far. A ton of coaching turnover. Lots of pressure to re-sign for the following year before you've even finished out league and state cup.

Good club for introductory club soccer if your kid is young. Aside from that they don't really have a pathway to elite level programs (ECNL/MLS) etc. If the goal is to see your kid play at the next level, this isn't the place for you. There is a few really good teams, but they lose a lot of talent to the bigger clubs due to pathways.

I had my kid there for 1 year. I don't regret it, but I would never consider going back or recommend it to anyone unless it was for the introductory sessions they have for the very young kids.

David Oh is a stand up guy, very professional and a great coach. If he's coaching your kids team, I would recommend it and I foresee them eventually being part of ECNL.

I had my son play for another coach for 2 years and a lot of shady things transpired, our team had a guest player or two for every tournament and games which never trained and took minutes + development from our bench players. One thing I'll n ever understand as how trainings are at Ayala park which is a great soccer field, but the actual games are in San Bernardino which has some of the worst fields I've ever seen.

As mentioned above, there's a lot of turnover but on the bright side the club fees are not as expensive like Pats/LFC/Slammers/Strikers etc.

Back